Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whom was the toughest NY GIANT QB ever to play ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whom was the toughest NY GIANT QB ever to play ?

Considering all factors

Talent surrounding the QB at the time

The strength of the offensive line for most of the QBs career

The amount of games missed

Also in what order would you place all for men in #1 to #4 in your opinion?

Eli Manning
    62.96%
    Phil Simms
    22.22%
    Jeff Hostetler
    0%
    Y.A. Tittle
    14.81%

1. Eli Manning

2. Y.A. Tittle

3. Phil Simms

4. Jeff Hostetler

Comment

Why only these 4 ?
      The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post
        Why only these 4 ?
        I almost put Frank................who were you thinking?

Comment

At minimum these 3 also

Fran Tarkenton

Kerry Colllins

Charlie Conerly

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

Conerly alone is up there with Eli for longevity

Comment

Title has the iconic picture of his head bleeding, and is your quintessential old time hard man who gets a terminal illness and wants to rub some dirt on it

Eli also has an iconic picture of him completely battered, and he is real life Gumby.. seemingly too doofy and awkwardly built to possibly get hurt.. also let's not forget what he did in 07-08 when he dislocated his throwing shoulder late in the season, everyone was saying he's down for 6 weeks and our season is over.. he ends up not missing a single game and leads one of the all time great runs en route to beating 18-0.. stuff of legend

Comment

Originally posted by brownelvis54 View Post
                1. Eli Manning

2. Y.A. Tittle

3. Phil Simms

4. Jeff Hostetler
                This.

Also; it's Who, not Whom. Sorry, someone had to say it.

Comment

I think some folks forget just how tough Phil Simms was. Eli is deceptively tough, but I give the nod to Phil in this area.

Comment

no contest.

Comment

Are you factoring in mental toughness as well?

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                        Are you factoring in mental toughness as well?
                        That has to be factored in near the top. Strength of OL just supports who took the biggest pounding which doesn't really connect to tough. Mental toughness encompasses everything including the ability to look through pressure and make a play. Simms was really great in that regard but Eli is sneaky good that way.

I would be interested to hear YA's take on YA. I saw the end of his career but not enough to make a judgement on where he slots on this list.

No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by Eliordie View Post
                          Title has the iconic picture of his head bleeding, and is your quintessential old time hard man who gets a terminal illness and wants to rub some dirt on it

Eli also has an iconic picture of him completely battered, and he is real life Gumby.. seemingly too doofy and awkwardly built to possibly get hurt.. also let's not forget what he did in 07-08 when he dislocated his throwing shoulder late in the season, everyone was saying he's down for 6 weeks and our season is over.. he ends up not missing a single game and leads one of the all time great runs en route to beating 18-0.. stuff of legend
                          Just want to point out the shoulder injury happened week 2 against gb at home. Shefter and co. Were reporting 4 to 6 weeks...he didn't miss any time...what a great qb.

Comment

Originally posted by Harooni View Post
                            no contest.
                            Because he works out like every other player to ever play? Lol none of those were hard btw, his work weight on the iso bench was 135.. I could match that pretty easily and I'm 175 lmao.. though idk how old he is here

The sled looked like light weight too but I've never used one that had the bar that high, pretty weird
                            Last edited by Eliordie; 07-22-2017, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post

Just want to point out the shoulder injury happened week 2 against gb at home. Shefter and co. Were reporting 4 to 6 weeks...he didn't miss any time...what a great qb.
                              Was it that early? I could've sworn it happened in the second half of the season, guess I remembered incorrectly, in my defense it was a decade ago.. but as you implied obviously still was amazing, and personally I feel like it's a totally forgotten heroic

When​​​​​​ people talk about who's a HOFer and who's not people tend to only look at stats and forget that STORIES are a HUGE part of the hall, and rightfully so, that's history
                              Last edited by Eliordie; 07-22-2017, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X