Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TE Brandon Myers Says He Chose NY Giants Over Nine Other Teams

http://www.giants101.com/2013/05/08/...e-other-teams/

Excerpt: "Fans were shocked to see Martellus Bennett leave the New York Giants after one season to take a four-year deal with the Chicago Bears back in March. But New York Giants General Manager Jerry Reese didn't panic. Instead, he looked to the market and found a fresh, new face that is up and coming in the league.

Reese quickly landed former Oakland Raiders tight end Brandon Myers on a four-year deal, although only the first year is guaranteed with the team.

In Oakland, Myers had 79 catches for 806 yards and four touchdowns playing in a lackluster Raider offense and will get the chance to be an even bigger part of an explosive offense with the Giants. And on Monday, Mike Hlas of the Eastern Iowa Gazette talked to the Giants new tight end about playing for the Big Blue, the Raiders and his college days at Iowa.

"This is actually my sixth offense in five years," Myers said. "There's new language to figure out and it's been a learning experience for me. But the coaches have been great and I will pick it all up as I go."

Myers also addressed the free agent process and why he chose the Giants over several other teams.

"It was a wild process in free agency. I wasn't considered one of the top guys who got signed the first day, so I had to sit back and wait. I had about 10 teams interested, but once I heard the Giants were involved, I jumped at the chance to sign and got a deal done quickly," he said." Read more...

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Nice. I'd wondered how they'd managed to land him. Plenty of crappy teams could've paid him more.

Comment

Didn't Boss have something to do with him coming here?

Comment

When Bennett left people made it like all was lost. This guy seems to be just as capable and doesn't have all the question marks. Seriously, one would have to worry about giving Bennett that big pay day.

Comment

Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
          Nice. I'd wondered how they'd managed to land him. Plenty of crappy teams could've paid him more.
          I think he might have been a bit swayed by how the Martellus Bennett situation played out (getting the nice contract from Chicago after a 1 year deal).

And Boss was pimping us.
          I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
            When Bennett left people made it like all was lost. This guy seems to be just as capable and doesn't have all the question marks. Seriously, one would have to worry about giving Bennett that big pay day.
            At the time Bennett was lost, we didn't know who his replacement was going to be. Bennett was the second most productive receiver last season after Cruz.
            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Everyone flipped when we didn't re-sign Bennett.
              Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                I'm not sure why people are confusing Bennett and Graham? Do they both eat Captain Crunch cereal?
                I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

good choice, Myers knew he wouldn't start in San Fran..

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                    awesome sig i still get amped watching this. last night was a big w
                    sigpic
                    FUTURE NY GIANTS PLAYER

2015 season tbd

Comment

I knew we wouldnt resign Bennett. I knew he would want more money then we were willing to pay. Myers is a GREAT replacement. He needs to be working with Eli ASAP.
                      WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                        I knew we wouldnt resign Bennett. I knew he would want more money then we were willing to pay. Myers is a GREAT replacement. He needs to be working with Eli ASAP.
                        I knew we were in trouble when he said he would offer a home town discount...

Stand with Cruz!

Comment

This is the way of the Giants these days. Everyone comes from far and wide to work with Mike Pope (because having that on their resume is instantly worth an extra million per year elsewhere), we work them for a year or two, and then spin them off to another team. Though I do think that whole "boss was pimping us" may be true...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                            This is the way of the Giants these days. Everyone comes from far and wide to work with Mike Pope (because having that on their resume is instantly worth an extra million per year elsewhere), we work them for a year or two, and then spin them off to another team. Though I do think that whole "boss was pimping us" may be true...
                            Boss knows he should of never left.
                            WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                              Boss knows he should of never left.
                              Boss woudl have had the same prob if he stayed on the Giants. His biggest issue was he is/was one hard hit from riding the pine for extended periods of time. His head has been wacked too much. It happened in Oakland it would have happened in NY
                              "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                              You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Working...
                              X