X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andy Benoit Top 400 players in NFL

https://www.si.com/nfl/mmqb-400-nfl-...op-100-players

369 Shane Vereen RB
    Aside from Theo Rid****, Vereen is as good of a short-area receiving back as you'll find.

311 Justin Pugh LG
    Pugh is a good move blocker in short areas. He could stand to be more consistent in pass protection.

204 Weston Richburg C
    Richburg is a good out-in-front force in the running game and on screens.

175 Eli Apple CB
    Apple has outstanding mirror technique, which is another way of saying he stays in front of receivers extremely well. You rarely see such poise from a young corner.

166 Brandon Marshall WR
    Marshall will probably age well because, not being fast, he's had to build his game on technique. Other guys like that over the years: Anquan Boldin, Hines Ward and Larry Fitzgerald, to name a few.

163 Landon Collins SS
    Collins is a limited cover guy that must be hidden as much as possible in pass defense. Give credit to Giants defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo'he's found ways to let Collin be a freer, downhill-centric defender. And give credit to Collins for using that freedom to make big plays.

146 Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie CB
    We saw his value when he went down with a thigh injury in the playoff loss at Green Bay. With no one to cover the slot, the Giants' man-to-man-centric scheme took a hit, compromising significant portions of their gameplan.

118 Jason Pierre-Paul 4-3 DE
    Pierre-Paul is another outstanding defensive end who isn't quite twitchy enough to burn you off the edge. He must rely on his technique and physical strength, which he employs well.

104 Eli Manning QB
    He hasn't won a Super Bowl in six years, so I guess it's time to start analyzing his body language again.

094 Damon Harrison 4-3 DT
    Outstanding natural leverage and technique allow Harrison to shed blocks and work laterally down the line of scrimmage. This has made him one of the game's best interior run defenders.

090 Janoris Jenkins CB
    There's no way the Rams would have kept Trumaine Johnson instead of him if they'd known what kind of step Jenkins would take in 2016. He's to be commended; few who knew him coming out of college would not have guessed he'd play better after getting paid.

057 Olivier Vernon 4-3 DE
    Vernon needs to deliver more pass-rush bang for the $85 million bucks he got as a free agent in 2016. So why is he so high on this list? Run defense. There isn't a better play-side or backside run-stopping defensive end.

023 Odell Beckham Jr. WR
    This might be the one guy defenses fear most on any given play, and that's your argument if you think he's ranked too low here. With a little more consistency and emotional maturity (a lack of it has hindered his performance at times), he'll be an overall top-10 player."

Note: Justin Pugh is properly rated here. Most overrated guard in the league.

Richburg is still a better OL than Pugh.
    Last edited by CRF11504; 07-26-2017, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Eli Manning Top 8 QB

Comment

I agree Pugh is a bit overrated, but he's our best OL. His versatility alone is worth bringing him back.

What number was Jerry?
        NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
        Garrett Bolles - OT
        David Njoku - TE
        Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

Originally posted by Piddy283 View Post
          I agree Pugh is a bit overrated, but he's our best OL. His versatility alone is worth bringing him back.

What number was Jerry?
          He's not better than Richburg.

Pugh is an undersized, short-armed guard.

Comment

Originally posted by Piddy283 View Post
            What number was Jerry?
            Not on the top 400, obviously. Probably not on the top 800 either....

Comment

13 out of 22 in the top 400 and 10 in the top 200 . I'll take that. Eli Apple cracking the top 200 in his rookie year , got to love that.
              Never go to battle with the intellectually unarmed.

Comment

Originally posted by CRF11504 View Post

He's not better than Richburg.

Pugh is an undersized, short-armed guard.
                And Odell is an undersized outside receiver.. who gives a ****?

Comment

Most of our guys at the top are horribly underrated, Eli at 108 no, Odell at 23? Good one, Jenkins at 90 and Harrison at 94 LMAO Cro at 146 tfoh and here we go... Collins at 163, I cried and pee'd... must've not watched him since the year before last, especially given his uh "explanation"

But I guess good try (not really but) ranking 400 players is a ***** and a half

Comment

Originally posted by Eliordie View Post

And Odell is an undersized outside receiver.. who gives a ****?

"He could stand to be more consistent in pass-protection"

----------------------------------

"His short arms (32 inches), however, handicap him in protection."

http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...ants/91542082/

I'm very nervous about facing the Eagles this year. Pugh will be seeing a lot of 1-on-1's with Timmy Jernigan, because Fletcher Cox demands a double team. Mismatch.

Comment

I looked at this overall list. Its utterly terrible. Pugh way too low. 22 better players in the league than Odell...lol. And I know I will get flack for this but at this point, Eli is not a top 10 QB in the league.

Comment

Originally posted by CRF11504 View Post

"He could stand to be more consistent in pass-protection"

----------------------------------

"His short arms (32 inches), however, handicap him in protection."

http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...ants/91542082/

I'm very nervous about facing the Eagles this year. Pugh will be seeing a lot of 1-on-1's with Timmy Jernigan, because Fletcher Cox demands a double team. Mismatch.
                        Lmao you cite a WRITER for the PACKERS to back your point? Lol well I guess that settles that... so what player that has zero weaknesses are we gonna replace him with again? There's only 1 John Jerry and he can't play both sides... can he??

Comment

Wow. This guy clearly hates the Giants. I think Pugh is an overated player too but in no ****ing world is he ranked 311 in the NFL. Odell is a top 10 talent easy. Jackrabbit 90? Collins 163? This is embarrassing that he put this out there for people to see.

HE is almost 100% dead wrong on all of these descriptions of the players strengths and weaknesses too. Richburg is awful at run blocking.

163 Landon Collins SS
                          Collins is a limited cover guy that must be hidden as much as possible in pass defense. Give credit to Giants defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo'he's found ways to let Collin be a freer, downhill-centric defender. And give credit to Collins for using that freedom to make big plays.
                          We have to hide Collins? Like he is a weak link? Thats a good statement to make on Collins if you watched women's basketball all season instead of football sure.
                          Last edited by TheAnalyst; 07-26-2017, 12:48 PM.
                          I APPLIED TO BE THE NEW GENERAL MANAGER OF THE NEW YORK FOOTBALL GIANTS.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                            Wow. This guy clearly hates the Giants. I think Pugh is an overated player too but in no ****ing world is he ranked 311 in the NFL. Odell is a top 10 talent easy. Jackrabbit 90? Collins 163? This is embarrassing that he put this out there for people to see.

HE is almost 100% dead wrong on all of these descriptions of the players strengths and weaknesses too. Richburg is awful at run blocking.

We have to hide Collins? Like he is a weak link? Thats a good statement to make on Collins if you watched women's basketball all season instead of football sure.
                            It is just some guys opinion. It is not worth debating. Even if he is not Giant friendly. He placed half the starters in the top have of the league. I am happy with that.
                            Never go to battle with the intellectually unarmed.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

It's bad enough he clearly doesn't watch, but at least make sure the info on the players you looked up on google is up to date and wasn't posted 2 years ago lmao

Must've saw **** saying Collins struggles in coverage and saw it was posted in like 2015 and he thought meh how much could've actually changed? We'll just stick him here idk

That​​​​​​s ok though who ever he is he just committed credibility suicide for anyone who sees this, most fans AROUND THE LEAGUE consider Collins the best S in the game (apparently the players do too) as for his coverage he constantly gets man coverage assignments vs TEs and even slot receivers (no strong safeties do that) and he's pretty friggin lockdown... many people acknowledge he prob should've been DPOY yet he's the 160 something best player in the league lmaooo guy must have just gotten into football yesterday

But​​​​​​ he partially supports CRFs agenda so he will depict him as a genius and we should take this guys word as fact, though wait.. CRF where's Jerry, was there some kinda mistake??
                              Last edited by Eliordie; 07-26-2017, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X