Odell Beckham wants to be the highest paid player in the league

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odell Beckham wants to be the highest paid player in the league

Not just WR, PLAYER. The blonde dye must've gotten to his head, as great of an WR and athlete Odell Beckham, no WR is worth taking up that much in your cap. You can have 2 elite OL for that kind of money, I'll take everyday over any WR

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...ghest-pai.html

The star wide receiver is still at least two years away from free agency, but he already knows what he wants. Forget being the NFL's highest-paid pass catcher, he said Thursday in an UNINTERRUPTED video. Beckham wants to be the league's highest-paid player at any position.

"It's like the elephant in the room, and you don't want to talk about it," Beckham says in the video. "But I've gotten to the point in my life where I'm like, 'No, I'm going to ... there's no need to not talk about it.

"I believe that I will be hopefully not just the highest-paid receiver in the league, but the highest paid, period."

Beckham spoke to UNINTERRUPTED, a multimedia platform for professional athletes founded by LeBron James, on Monday, July 24, according to the video - three days before the Giants' report day to training camp, which was Thursday. He also discusses expectations, his mindset and more in the video, which is about three minutes long.
    Last edited by drewz; 07-27-2017, 05:09 PM.

Interesting choice of words.

Comment

I don't see the Giants paying him that much

Comment

Oh great...we will hear about this every week now

Comment

this kid has serious issues

Comment

Over or under 20 pages???

My popcorn is ready and..........................................go!!

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962
              this kid is a straight up idiot ... shut your mouth ... just shut your mouth ... oh my goodness

is it really that hard to just shut the **** up ? ... seriously
              Shutting your mouth is harder then you think I mean if you have a cold you have to breathe. I joke I joke. But seriously he should just shut it and play. I wanna like the guy but I hate players like this

Comment

Read the headlines and thought oh Jesus **** me (well actually just the 2nd one)

But after actually listening I don't find anything wrong with what he said here

Let's touch on the money first, he knows the giants are fully willing to make him the highest paid WR, so what's his starting point in the negotiation, everyone who's ever worked in a job require negotiations (and many who havnt even know) I start high, you start low, we meet in the middle.. he's now made his starting point known (Mara made his known the other day) and who can blame him for having that in mind because it's not just about his bank account.. those checks tell him he's worth it, tell him he is the best and the team believes it.. though with the treatment he's gotten around here for what he's given us I don't blame him if he doesn't hold too much loyalty, thank God for Mr. Mara because if Odell has any reason to be.. it's Mara

As for his comments on fear of falling out of love with football, I almost wanna feel bad for him here (though all NFL players go through it, maybe not as rough as him) his whole life he's been used to playing football in its purest form, no bull**** just football, now football has brought him all the bull**** and headache in the world, so I could see how in some way it's tainted his love and that goes for a lot of players in the league but very few are under as much constant and mostly unwarranted scrutiny as him.. and he obviously doesn't want his love taken from him, he fears that, don't blame him

Peopl​​​​​​e say he loves attention because of what he does ON THE FIELD (his comfort zone where he's having fun) I don't think he likes it at all, maybe because so much of the attention he gets is negative but even from day 1 you could tell off the field he's a pretty quiet and reserved guy, that to me is a big indicator.. hes a different person on the field and that's football, if I acted the way I used to on a football in public I'd be thrown in jail, and if I acted the way I do in public on the football field I would NOT be in the right state of mind, normality needs to be thrown aside out there, it's a primitive war zone

That being said the people around him in our organization need to start treating him like what he is.. the franchise (well the co-franchise, Eli is obviously as just as important) we need to be supporting him internally not having our own head coach and GM publically ****ting on him, in fact message to Mac.. Odell is 1000x more important than you, you still need to prove you don't suck at your job, Odell sure AF doesnt.. 1 man can only take so much **** and he's not gonna be very happy taking it from the media, his own team, and his own team's fans forever.. I'd never accuse him of having thin skin because he goes through so much more **** than all of us combined but, every man has his breaking point.. and he owes us nothing, so he may very well one day just walk away if everyone keeps piling it on, hopefully all this **** is a distant memory in a few years and he can just focus on being the GOAT

I know people won't like to hear this and will just think I'm being biased but I can assure you, everything about me is 100% consistent in every aspect, and I always try to be understanding of people in general and try to look at things from their point of view.. granted some people are just pieces of **** but you know lol

Fina​​​​​​l thought: I will agree with the notion that given the position he's in.. maybe he should keep these things to himself, but that's coming from someone who never talks about his problems with anyone because that's a principal I believe in
                Last edited by Eliordie; 07-27-2017, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jay051 View Post
                  Over or under 20 pages???

My popcorn is ready and..........................................go!!
                  You kidding? Over.. wayyy over, I'd put my house on it lol this is a golden opportunity a lot of people just sit around waiting for

Theyr​​​​​​e taking laxatives and pulling their pants down as we speak lol
                  Last edited by Eliordie; 07-27-2017, 05:57 PM.

Comment

In order to put this into perspective . I think what Mara stated on the subject should be known,

It sounds to me like Mara is willing to write a check at some point. Do I think OBJ should keep his contract talks between him and the FO? Yes.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...n-the-process/

Mara also was asked whether a contract could come during the season.

“That’s possible, yeah,” Mara said. “I wouldn’t have a problem with that occurring. We certainly want to get him signed. Let’s not make it the headline that there’ll be a deal by October or November or something like that because I have no idea. I don’t think we’d be opposed to talking to his agents at some point during the season, yes.”
                    Last edited by TEM; 07-27-2017, 06:07 PM.
                    Never go to battle with the intellectually unarmed.

Comment

I actually have no issue with him thinking that, but please don't say it publicly. It makes you sound like an entitled narcissistic ******* who's only focused on enriching himself.

Comment

Originally posted by egyptian420 View Post
                        I actually have no issue with him thinking that, but please don't say it publicly. It makes you sound like an entitled narcissistic ******* who's only focused on enriching himself.
                        I think that may be a bit of stretch, but I agree with him maybe keeping that to himself, just for the sake of not giving the public and the media ammunition

But​​​​​​ usually when people call someone entitled there's a connentation that person just wants to be handed something they didn't earn, he just wants to be paid the value he's GIVEN us, wouldn't file that under entitled or narcissistic

Frankl​​​​​​y if some BUM level basketball player can make 25 mil a year then Odell Beckham sure as hell deserves it lol

Comment

Now that Odell has made it clear that he wants to be the Highest Paid Player in the NFL and that the game is No Longer Fun and that it's Basically Turning Into a Business for him, if I were running the Giants I'd be looking into My Exit Strategy. Bottom line is that there are only so many capped dollars to go around and you have 53 plus players that also want to get paid. If you're throwing an ungodly amount of money at any one player, he'd better be a Franchise QB!
                          I hate to say it but if they give too much to Odell, they'll end up having to cut corners elsewhere, they'll lose talent on both sides of the ball and in the end the high paid star will end up playing for a middle of the pack marginal team and no doubt end up Miserable and *****ing about playing for a loser.
                          If I'm Reese, I start getting my ducks in order, lining up a trade partner with high hopes and lots of cap space, then working out a deal;to bring back a haul of established players and future draft picks. Love to have you 13 but if you have to Get It All, Good Luck, Good Health and Thanks For The Memories!

Comment

Originally posted by gntsfn View Post
                            But seriously he should just shut it and play. I wanna like the guy but I hate players like this
                            Funny how everyone sys it's clear as day that he wants to win so badly, but doesn't realize no team could possibly have the money left to pay the complimentary assemblage of teammates he would need to be on a win it all team.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnin Bob View Post
                              Now that Odell has made it clear that he wants to be the Highest Paid Player in the NFL and that the game is No Longer Fun and that it's Basically Turning Into a Business for him, if I were running the Giants I'd be looking into My Exit Strategy. Bottom line is that there are only so many capped dollars to go around and you have 53 plus players that also want to get paid. If you're throwing an ungodly amount of money at any one player, he'd better be a Franchise QB!
                              I hate to say it but if they give too much to Odell, they'll end up having to cut corners elsewhere, they'll lose talent on both sides of the ball and in the end the high paid star will end up playing for a middle of the pack marginal team and no doubt end up Miserable and *****ing about playing for a loser.
                              If I'm Reese, I start getting my ducks in order, lining up a trade partner with high hopes and lots of cap space, then working out a deal;to bring back a haul of established players and future draft picks. Love to have you 13 but if you have to Get It All, Good Luck, Good Health and Thanks For The Memories!
                              Relax, this is the way negotiating goes

Comment

Working...
                              X