Odell Beckham wants to be the highest paid player in the league

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BeckhamCards View Post
    You guys are missing the point. Beckham is the greatest Giant of all time.. Whether he has changed the game in your minds or not
    Regarding the comparison (LT vs Odell): no doubt both were/are great players, each in their own right. Because greatness is most often gauged by contribution, thus individual value, it would seem LT's contribution/value would be substantially greater simply by position and opportunity, not to menion his overwhelming dominance of the game.

Receivers contribute and show value by their ability to draw coverage allowing others to better succeed. They keep drives alive, block downfield, etc., but most importantly, they score points. Odell, has averaged 10 or 12 TDs/yr for his career which is very impressive. Any offensive player individually accounting for 70 or so points/yr can and should be considered in the "great" category. However, unlike a LB, receivers are subject to limited opportunity as they are targeted a limited amount of time and thus have little control of the game.

Conversley, a LB such as LT has the opportunity to impact the game nearly every defensive play. While OBJ may have contributed a great deal to adding points, it is undeniable that LT prevented an untold amount of points by his individual effort. His value then becomes much greater than can be gauged, but certainly more than any WR who is limited in opportunity.

Odell has impacted the Giants, but not the game itself. LT revolutionized the position and in doing so changed the way the game was played. To compare Odell to LT in regard to greatness is a little unfair to OBJ.

Comment

You guys are missing the point. Beckham is the greatest Giant of all time.. Whether he has changed the game in your minds or not
      No...you claimed that OBJ's one handed catch changed the way the game is played, and we all laughed at you.

Odell's level of greatness is yet to be determined. He has all the talent in the world to BE the greatest. I hope he does.
      I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

A reverse troll? A reverse troll is someone that says over the top positive things about the team to get rises out of people instead of over the top negative ones. OBJ is not the greatest Giant of all time. There are several greats ahead of him currently by a country mile. Rosey Brown, LT, Strahan, Tiki, and even Eli Manning are a few of those examples.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by FBomb View Post

No...you claimed that OBJ's one handed catch changed the way the game is played, and we all laughed at you.

Odell's level of greatness is yet to be determined. He has all the talent in the world to BE the greatest. I hope he does.
          I agree 100% with this. OBJ, though great, has not proven enough yet to be considered.
          sigpic

Comment

• OBJ has amazing talent, and I hope he continues to develop. I was surprised to see him give into post season pressure, however he was not alone.
            As another contemporary post pointed out, the number of veterans who have seen late post-season play is dwindling. I would love to see some play-off
            action where the young-lings keep their composure (this includes OBJ).

Show me the money? Show me the Bling!

Comment

• Originally posted by SG88 View Post

I agree 100% with this. OBJ, though great, has not proven enough yet to be considered.
              It's been 3 years. We can say that he's had the best 3 year start to a career regardless of position, but he needs to continue doing what he's doing. If he keeps this up for 8, 10, 12, or however many years, than this discussion will be appropriate.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4thGen View Post
                OBJ has amazing talent, and I hope he continues to develop. I was surprised to see him give into post season pressure, however he was not alone.
                As another contemporary post pointed out, the number of veterans who have seen late post-season play is dwindling. I would love to see some play-off
                action where the young-lings keep their composure (this includes OBJ).

Show me the money? Show me the Bling!
                I compare last years Beckham performance in the post season and the team.. Including macadoo... As like the 85 giants.. People said LT just wasn't playoff material after that game.
                Parcells brought the right back in 86, the rest is history.
                Forget going 12-4 in 2000... Sehorn shutting down moss in the best performance from a Giants cb I ever seen...
                this year I expect no less then 14-2.. And Beckham will play as LT did in the playoffs that year. Perfectly.

Comment

I compare last years Beckham performance in the post season and the team.. Including macadoo... As like the 85 giants.. People said LT just wasn't playoff material after that game.
                  Forget going 12-4 in 2000... Sehorn shutting down moss in the best performance from a Giants cb I ever seen...
                  this year I expect no less then 14-2.. And Beckham will play as LT did in the playoffs that year. Perfectly.
                  LT had already won 3 playoff games headed into the Bears playoff game.
                  Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

As like the 85 giants.. People said LT just wasn't playoff material after that game..
                    There was nobody blaming the D in that game and certainly not LT. We scored 0 points.

Comment

No less than 14-2??......Lol.

I appreciate your optimism but have you seen out schedule?? I will be impressed with an 11-5 record.

Comment

• Jay every year 11-5 is the goal.. And lucky to go 10-6.. But This team though... Has many things in common with that 1986 team. Including the best player in the NFL. A stacked Defense.. And what the 17' Giants lack as far as the o line comparison to the 86' team, it makes up for at the skill positions... Im sorry but OBJ, Marshall, Shepard and this TE we drafted is way better then just Lionel manuel and mark bavaro.. And mckonkey. I'm guessing 15-1 Perhaps even 16-0
                        Last edited by BeckhamCards; 08-08-2017, 08:25 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DandyDon View Post

What if he gets hurt in the 1st pre-season game? Hurt badly enough to end his career. It happens...

Is he still the "greatest Giant of all time" after 3 years?
                          of course not. That is the nightmare scenario. Like what happened to Sehorn on that kickoff return in the preseason.. BENNY MAC IF U CAN HEAR THIS ONLY HAVE HIM RETURN KICKS IN THE PLAYOFFS!

Comment

Working...
                          X