No announcement yet.

Odell Beckham wants to be the highest paid player in the league

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surprise, surprise...Odiva wants the most money and comes right out and says it publicly. If the Giants pay him that much money I have a feeling most people supporting him right now will be back in a few years complaining of how mediocre or bad we are. It won't do that much good to have a player like him when we can't afford to pay anyone else that's above average. We probably spent as much money on over hauling the defense as it will take to get this clown to shut up.

Can you imagine the temper tantrums he'll throw if we franchise him for one year let alone 2. Everything we've seen so far will have looked like the warm up act. He's not worth what he's asking IMO.

Advil should sponsor Odell for all the headaches he causes.

Comment

Why does this surprise any of you?

I hav ebeen saying for a couple years now, he is a diva and is going to want over $20m a year. And will get it. He is that talented. An irrelevant team like the Jags will outbid us and he will follow the money. Plus Florida, no state income tax. Hope Im wrong.

Be funny if the Giants said "We want to pay you like the 5th best WR in the league."
      Last edited by TheAnalyst; 07-28-2017, 06:06 AM.
      The Problem is the Oline, PERIOD

Comment

Originally posted by Eliordie View Post

Before this, quote me one comment he's ever made in his life that was so out of line.. I'll wait...
        So you agree his comment was "out of line"

Comment

Originally posted by ShineOnForever View Post
          He's a generational player, why not shoot for the stars? He's not going to make more than the highest paid QB's but he is going to get paid.. The contract will work itself out.. If anyone of you were in his position you would want to make the most money possible as well and do whats best for you and your family.. hypocrites
          Well said

Comment

Originally posted by William View Post
            But OBJ is turning into a "pay me now" guy. He must be thinking he's the one bringing in a lot fans and national TV games and he's the most talented player on the team, so he feels undervalued on the rookie deal. Some guys could be patient and live it, OBJ it seems is turning into one of the guys that can't. I can see extending him early if Giants had cap space ...that helps both sides. Problem is this team doesn't have much (if any) room
            He will be extended next offseason.

Comment

Originally posted by DayOneGiant View Post

LOL, right on.
              The reality is I see no point for any of us to be caught up in any of this.

The press will eat this up and look to cash in every chance they get and Odell will wear his heart on his sleeve as he always does leaving us to be bombarded with this crap.

The NFL gets way too much attention these days for their 10 minutes of actual play on Sundays.

That's why I no longer give a rats *** about the TMZ'ing of the NFL.

Torque it till it breaks, then back off a 1/4 turn.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                Why does this surprise any of you?

I hav ebeen saying for a couple years now, he is a diva and is going to want over $20m a year. And will get it. He is that talented. An irrelevant team like the Jags will outbid us and he will follow the money. Plus Florida, no state income tax. Hope Im wrong.

Be funny if the Giants said "We want to pay you like the 5th best WR in the league."
                The Giants will give him the extension he wants. He is not going to be the highest paid player in the league. No team will do that. But he will get his $20mil a year. Its one of the reasons Webb was drafted. Odells contract will take the place of Elis.

Comment

Originally posted by ShineOnForever View Post
                  He's a generational player, why not shoot for the stars? He's not going to make more than the highest paid QB's but he is going to get paid.. The contract will work itself out.. If anyone of you were in his position you would want to make the most money possible as well and do whats best for you and your family.. hypocrites
                  Speak for yourself but thanks for calling all of us hypocrites. I would want to make the most money possible but there's a difference between wanting and doing. There are times at work that I want to make more money and have that option but I don't in order to keep my crew/team together. Sometimes money isn't everything.

Honestly, if I were an NFL player and enjoyed my teammates and thought we had a good chance at building and winning now or in the future I would rather stay where I was at then leave over a couple million when I'm already making several million. Unfortunately I don't see Odell doing that, he's a "me first" guy all of the time and enjoys his high profile lavish lifestyle too much to sacrifice a penny. He'll go to the highest bidder no matter where it's at. Perhaps 10 years down the road when he's not as good and may not have any SB rings he'll change but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

I ould like to see him stay but not at th cost of sacrificing overall talent on the team. One player will not solve all our problems if we don't have a qb, o line, defense, etc. I just hope he doesn't go to another NFCE team. Let Cleveland have him he can sit in that dump for the next 8 years and think about why he left over a couple million (which is what I think it will ultimately come down to).

Comment

Originally posted by mrmeng View Post
                    Speak for yourself but thanks for calling all of us hypocrites. I would want to make the most money possible but there's a difference between wanting and doing. There are times at work that I want to make more money and have that option but I don't in order to keep my crew/team together. Sometimes money isn't everything.
                    Since someone needed to bring our personal situations, that he knows nothing about, into this - I will say the same in response. About 1/3 of my income is often on overtime, created by insufficient staffing. I remind my boss on a daily basis that it would be better for our responsibilities and efficient operation to have an adequate crew, and would gladly give up the easy money overtime for the hiring of more people.

No hypocrite here, sorry someone's wrong again.

Comment

Originally posted by Glaw View Post
                      That means he should go out and show why he deserves it this year. I'm cool with that.
                      Me too. This is a nothing-burger. He will get paid what he is worth.

Comment

ODB is a smart man. He wants his money now while he has an elite QB throwing him the football. He's also probably going to get less looks his way now that we have more weapons. His numbers were through the roof and based on those, he definitely deserves to be the highest paid NFL player.

Comment

You guys actually watch the video? - https://www.uninterrupted.com/watch/d0WrGQlU/odell

Everything he said is what you want to hear form a player on your team.....wants to be the best......wants to hoist a trophy........wants to be the highest paid player.......admits that they're all words for now but he hopes to prove them on the field......

I'll be the first to admit I'm not a huge fan of his attitude nor his demeanor but out of everything he's ever said and done with the Giants I have ZERO problem with this.......and any player who doesn't strive to be the best nor want to be the highest player in the league is either a liar or their heart is not into it and they don't have the drive.....

Comment

"words that come out of my mouth are just.....air and it doesnt really mean anything. The only thing I can do is what I do on the field Sunday"
                            ........................Odell Beckham

So the kid does have perspective. I have bashed him for stuff but I wont here. The highest paid player in the NFL is usually the best player in the NFL(if you're not a QB) So he wants to be the best of the best. Ok....I can deal with that.

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                            You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by Eliordie View Post

Giants football is my life,

Why? Are you on the team? On the coaching staff? Work for the organization in some form? Are you a member of the Mara or Tisch families?

I would say about 95% of the those who post here are pretty die hard fans, otherwise we wouldn't be wasting our time. But I've never heard such a ludicrous comment on this board "Giants football is my life".....I'd suggest reserving absolute statements like that for your family, friends, career, you know, stuff that actually matters in life.

I love the Giants but it's just a friggin football team that plays a game.

"Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                              "No...I didn't."
                              "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

I won't say much about this. I do have one question though. How many of you actually watched the whole video, and took everything that he said into consideration, instead of just the obvious headlining statement? Anyways, it is what it is with OBJ on here. He is polarizing and people love to debate about him. After watching the entire video, i don't see the big deal. However, the headlining statement was hook, line, and sinker for those who already have their issues with him. Anyways, that is all that i have to say about that. Keep fighting the good fight people. This will be my only post about this.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X