ESPN says Coughlin SAFE next year

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN says Coughlin SAFE next year

ESPN's Adam Schefter just did a segment on head coaches during Monday Night Countdown. They said that Giants HC Tom Coughlin is safe and will stay next year. He has 1 year left on his contract.

For other coaches, Andy Reid is safe in Philly, Jason Garrett is safe in Dallas, and Steve Spagnuolo is likely out in St. Louis.

Re: ESPN says Coughlin SAFE next year

If we don't make the playoffs and Coughlin is not fired, I will be ****ing pissed.
    My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

[quote user="gmen0820"]If we don't make the playoffs and Coughlin is not fired, I will be ****ing pissed.[/quote]

I'd be happy if Coughlin stays and fewell goes.
      They said Brady and the Patriots couldn't be beat, Eli did it twice, how's that for Elite?

Comment

yea i know ;

all of us TC haters around here have tried to convince management to do the right thing but they refuse to listen.

'bout time we take this up a notch and start pushing for new ownership.
        due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
        my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

Comment

[quote user="gmen0820"]If we don't make the playoffs and Coughlin is not fired, I will be ****ing pissed.[/quote]For me, Coughlin has to get us into the playoffs, win the WC round, and play competitively in the divisional round for me to have confidence in him next year.

That said, I think Coughlin stays regardless of what happens next week against Dallas. Just my gut feeling.

Comment

[quote user="stormblue"]yea i know ;

all of us TC haters around here have tried to convince management to do the right thing but they refuse to listen.

'bout time we take this up a notch and start pushing for new ownership.[/quote]

Your kidding, right?
            If not, that's pretty ungrateful, man.
            They said Brady and the Patriots couldn't be beat, Eli did it twice, how's that for Elite?

Comment

[quote user="NYGFaninILL"][quote user="gmen0820"]If we don't make the playoffs and Coughlin is not fired, I will be ****ing pissed.[/quote]

I'd be happy if Coughlin stays and fewell goes.[/quote]

+1

Comment

You're kidding right?.....The Mara's and Tisch's aren't going to sell the team....If you really want to send a message to ownership you hurt them in the pocket by not showing up to the games...

Comment

Maybe the players should just play better football. Ever think of that???? TC is not on the O-line or playing in the secondary. The defensive players have been a bunch of ******* all year! Except for JPP. Point is, TC is not the problem.
                  sigpic"Remain in what you are, the center of your life
                  You made it to this point no one can tell you how..." Gojira-Vacuity

Comment

[quote user="NYGFaninILL"][quote user="gmen0820"]If we don't make the playoffs and Coughlin is not fired, I will be ****ing pissed.[/quote]

I'd be happy if Coughlin stays and fewell goes.[/quote]I just can't justify keeping a coach who has needed to fire three defensive coordinators.

Comment

I know you were kidding, but I would not want new ownership. Coughlin is okay to stay, imo. Fewell? I'm unsure.

Comment

Let's not crucify Fewell yet. He was missing his starting MLB, CB, Osi/Tuck were/are injured all season, Prince missed all of camp, and we've been rotating in rookie LBs.

Our defense was top 10 last year when everyone was healthy. Injuries make a difference, lets see how he does next year when/if we have our full defense and the rookies are more acclimated to the scheme.

now Gilbride, thats another story. I hope he gets a job offer, and we promote Mike Sullivan (QB coach, hes a good guy, I know him), or hire some young gun out of GB or NO to take over the offense.

Comment

[quote user="scf424"]Let's not crucify Fewell yet. He was missing his starting MLB, CB, Osi/Tuck were/are injured all season, Prince missed all of camp, and we've been rotating in rookie LBs.

Our defense was top 10 last year when everyone was healthy. Injuries make a difference, lets see how he does next year when/if we have our full defense and the rookies are more acclimated to the scheme.

now Gilbride, thats another story. I hope he gets a job offer, and we promote Mike Sullivan (QB coach, hes a good guy, I know him), or hire some young gun out of GB or NO to take over the offense.[/quote]And possibly an acquisition here or there.

I really like Fewell, I hated the initial hiring (I wanted McDermott), but I think Fewell is a great coach that has had to overcome a lot, but if we can't make the playoffs this year, I really feel that we should just clean house.

Comment

[quote user="ashleymarie"][quote user="stormblue"]yea i know ;

I know you were kidding, but I would not want new ownership. Coughlin is okay to stay, imo. Fewell? I'm unsure.[/quote]

cheeze and crackers

i do all my bashing and hating for fun and grins ... some people just don't know how to throw a little smack around without gettin' all
                            worked up like its a real live or die situation.

glad somebody gets it and appreciates the humor.
                            due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
                            my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

Comment

[quote user="scf424"]Let's not crucify Fewell yet. He was missing his starting MLB, CB, Osi/Tuck were/are injured all season, Prince missed all of camp, and we've been rotating in rookie LBs.

now Gilbride, thats another story. I hope he gets a job offer, and we promote Mike Sullivan (QB coach, hes a good guy, I know him), or hire some young gun out of GB or NO to take over the offense.[/quote]

I hear what you're sayng but I question Fewell for taking till week 16 to make his defensive schemes easier...what took him so long?

Comment

Working...
                              X