Jarron Jones

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jarron Jones

Anyone know if he is working only with the oline...or with DL, too? I was surprised to hear they were trying him out at oline before seeing what he can do in pads.

Dude is huge. Can't imagine they won't rotate him in middle with Snacks once in awhile to clog up the middle can knock some passes down
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

He has been focusing on the oline all spring.. its his best chance to make the roster which is why the Giants asked him to switch.

Comment

Originally posted by ShineOnForever View Post
        He has been focusing on the oline all spring.. its his best chance to make the roster which is why the Giants asked him to switch.
        Realistically who's spot on the O-line roster would he take?

Flowers, Pugh, Richburg , Jerry, Hart

Back ups:, Fluker, Bisnowaty, Jones

Potential PS:, Gettis, Wheeler, Dunker

Also have Halapio

That is 4 guys with O-line experience on the roster already that won't make the 53.

That is a big hill to climb just to get on the practice squad.
        The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

dude has very similar stats to Dalvin Tomlinson in college. Dude can ball. either way he should make the practice squad at least.

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post

Also have Halapio

That is 4 guys with O-line experience on the roster already that won't make the 53.

Jerry is trash and has little guaranteed money, same with fluker.. hart is also trash so if he outperforms anyone he should make the team.. the odds are stacked against him being he had to switch positions.

Comment

Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post
              dude has very similar stats to Dalvin Tomlinson in college. Dude can ball. either way he should make the practice squad at least.
              As a DT maybe .
              The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

Also have Halapio

To me, the Jaron Jones experiment is the most intriguing story of the Giant`s camp. I would love to see him make the team as a duel use player. Personally , I don`t think Wheeler even makes PS.but the question will be, how fast can JJ develop to justify keeping his athleticism around.

Comment

Originally posted by mcillo View Post
                  To me, the Jaron Jones experiment is the most intriguing story of the Giant`s camp. I would love to see him make the team as a duel use player. Personally , I don`t think Wheeler even makes PS.but the question will be, how fast can JJ develop to justify keeping his athleticism around.
                  I think Gettis makes the PS. It is a feel good story , I agree with that. He has some talent to beat out to get to the PS. I am not saying it cant happen but I doubt it.

Comment

Jerry is trash and has little guaranteed money, same with fluker.. hart is also trash so if he outperforms anyone he should make the team.. the odds are stacked against him being he had to switch positions.
                    I don't share you enthusiasm. The line is pretty much set. Just who plays RG is undetermined . From what I read in this off season . The Giants are happy with what they have seen from Hart . If he gets bumped it will be from Bisnowaty or Fluker . He (Hart) is not getting bumped of the squad. He has proven he can step in and has youth on his side. Jerry may get cut but not for a converted D-linemen. More like Gettis, Wheeler or Dunker. But that is my Opinion.
                    Last edited by TEM; 07-29-2017, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Hey Shine on... A little respect please. "Trash" does seem quite appropriate for NFL linemen who are likely to be starting for,the New York Football Giants.

Comment

I don't share you enthusiasm. The line is pretty much set. Just who plays RG is undetermined . From what I read in this off season . The Giants are happy with what they have seen from Hart . If he gets bumped it will be from Bisnowaty or Fluker . He (Hart) is not getting bumped of the squad. He has proven he can step in and has youth on his side. Jerry may get cut but not for a converted D-linemen. More like Gettis, Wheeler or Dunker. But that is my Opinion.
                        +1
                        Maybe not happy with the starters they have but they know it's unlikely they can find anyone better at this point. If they do it will be a pleasant surprise.

Comment

Originally posted by giants_rock View Post

+1
                          Maybe not happy with the starters they have but they know it's unlikely they can find anyone better at this point. If they do it will be a pleasant surprise.
                          I have not heard of one person being overly happy with the line or the guys in camp. The Giants are throwing dice. I hope Solari can work some magic with this line.
                          Last edited by TEM; 07-29-2017, 08:15 PM.

Comment

You got it Shine, he was at the very highest 9th or even 10th man on the D line. What are we carrying 4 DE's and 4 DT's ? And personally I think Avery Moss is the 9th man. We definitely need a backup LT on offense. Thomas is a huge man in the middle to backup Snacks, heck he might start next to him.

Comment

Working...
                            X