X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jomo View Post
    Sounds a lot like last year's premise.
    +1
    I bought into it last year but not this time around. I'm hopeful though that with a FB, a RB with more shiftiness and a TE that can block the suckyness of the oline will be somewhat negated.

Comment

Originally posted by giants_rock View Post

+1
      I bought into it last year but not this time around. I'm hopeful though that with a FB, a RB with more shiftiness and a TE that can block the suckyness of the oline will be somewhat negated.
      Negated no way.

Mitigated perhaps.

Comment

If they don't improve more than their opponents improve then it means nothing.

Our OL needs to learn to play as a unit and take some pride in their run blocking. If they can't muster the power and the gumption to move people (run plays are an OLs chance to go on the attack) then they are toast (again).

Comment

I can't believe the giants are going to let the oline bring down the season, so I choose to believe that a young Flowers has found his game and the rest of them are ready to compete as a cohesive unit. The added weapons and Perkins, a more dangerous homerun threat, should also help the line out.

Comment

Let's just hope Eli continues to get the ball out quickly

Comment

Been screaming for years we need to address the OL properly. Year after year I'm disappointed, and year after year most of our issues stem from the OL. Whether it's their inability to open holes in the run game, or their inability to sustain blocks long enough for Eli to read through his progressions or allow Mac to open up the playbook, it all boils down to the OL.

We need Bisnowaty, Fluker and/or one of the other UDFA to step up in a big way. That'd be a very, very pleasant surprise.
              NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
              Garrett Bolles - OT
              David Njoku - TE
              Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

Reading a ton of complaints but not a lot of alternative plans of attacking this issue. I suppose its easier to just complain rather than think of what one would have done differently.

its not like theres a massive dearth of OT talent coming into the league. Not to mention, its not like theres a massive dearth of talent currently IN the league at the OT position.

Easy to complain and offer zero alternatives, I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by CGYgiant View Post
                  Reading a ton of complaints but not a lot of alternative plans of attacking this issue. I suppose its easier to just complain rather than think of what one would have done differently.

its not like theres a massive dearth of OT talent coming into the league. Not to mention, its not like theres a massive dearth of talent currently IN the league at the OT position.

Well said. Almost every team in the nfl has issues with their oline. The worst part about the oline is you can block your guy 99% of the time, but that 1% can change the whole game in a second. I do think the best way to help the oline is to A. Throw the ball out quick, (what the giants do) or B have a more athletic qb, (which the giants dont have).

Comment

This off-season was a particularly bad one to need to rebuild. Very few good free agents, they got way overpaid IMHO, and the weakest OL draft class in years. There was not much room for outside upgrade.

Comment

There were moves that could've been made, not a **** ton but some still out there such as trading up a few spots for Bolles or signing Whitworth, which everyone is immediately like omg no way did you see his contract!!! Without really even knowing anything about his contract, yeah you see 3 years 36m plastered all over ESPN, but the way it's structured to make him easily cuttable make it essentially a 1 or 2 year deal that the team can decide on, a LARGE portion of that money he will likely never see so its a fluff.. like hearing it or not, we absolutely should've gone for it, and the Marshall signing proves we're not above band-aiding, were the kind of team who should be making those sort of moves right now with our window closing

​​​​​​Even if you don't like the alternatives, it doesn't mean none exist
                      Last edited by Eliordie; 08-01-2017, 01:24 PM.
                      If you've never played your opinion is invalid

Comment

Originally posted by fletch842 View Post

This off-season was a particularly bad one to need to rebuild. Very few good free agents, they got way overpaid IMHO, and the weakest OL draft class in years. There was not much room for outside upgrade.
                        I don't see it getting much better any time in the near future either. Drop back qbs are probably going out soon too.

Comment

Saw some GIFs from todays first practice in full pads. Flowers does not look good. Losing the weight has not changed his technique at all. Still ducking his head at opposing rushers. OV abused him.

Comment

Technique is technique. Losing weight wasn't going to change it over night. If he does improve he'll likely never be perfect and will fall back on his bad habits. And IF he does improve, it will take time.

Comment

Some practice notes with a focus on the OL:

http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com...&thread=555121

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                                http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.3362347

Excerpt: "The Giants have high expectations entering this season, but perhaps their most glaring weakness is the offensive line.

Big Blue returns all five starters on the line this season, but center Weston Richburg and guard Justin Pugh are optimistic things will be different.

“As an offensive unit, we didn’t have our best year last year,” Richburg said Thursday as the Giants reported to training camp. “We can play so much better than we did.”

The Giants did sign former first-round pick D.J. Fluker and drafted Adam Bisnowaty — a tackle from Pitt — with their sixth pick in the draft to add some depth, but otherwise things look awfully the same." Read more...
                                I disagree with the same offensive line comment in the thread by RoanokeFan . We have brought in Fluker and I've heard the back and forth of his penalty issues. But this line for the most part is partly improved.

Comment

Working...
                                X