Best Case Scenario for Offense

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Case Scenario for Offense

If Flowers can extrapolate his first 3 or so performance over the course of the season and we can get an average performance at RT whether it be from Hart or Bisnowaty, I think that this offense can be very good. I'm also betting on Richburg's run blocking to be closer to 2015 Richburg and father from 2016. If Fluker can beat out Jerry, our run blocking could be even better.

Even if our tackles still suck, I'd feel confident in Perkins averaging around 4.0 ypc. If our tackles improve, I could see him hitting 4.2, 4.3 or perhaps even more.

With our playmakers and offensive scheme, even just an average oline could support a really solid offense.

I seriously would like to see the Mean Mounty at one lf the guard spot. He plays mean and i see him as a mauler in the run game.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post
      I seriously would like to see the Mean Mounty at one lf the guard spot. He plays mean and i see him as a mauler in the run game.
      J Jerry is an average guard. He's a very solid pass protector and a subpar run blocker. If Fluker can beat him out, I don't see how that wouldn't help our offense. At the very least, I feel better about our OG depth.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmulroy99 View Post
        J Jerry is an average guard. He's a very solid pass protector and a subpar run blocker. If Fluker can beat him out, I don't see how that wouldn't help our offense. At the very least, I feel better about our OG depth.
        Agreed, but if Hart doesnt show improvement then I would mind trying fluker or one of the rookies At RT

Comment

I think Perkins will be fine; he seems to know how to create something out of nothing, too bad Jennings couldn't.

The most important role for this OL is to make Manning feel comfortable. He's getting older and doesn't want to get hit. Give him time to survey the field because with this WR/TE lineup, someone is always going to be open.
          "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
          "No...I didn't."
          "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
            I think Perkins will be fine; he seems to know how to create something out of nothing, too bad Jennings couldn't.

The most important role for this OL is to make Manning feel comfortable. He's getting older and doesn't want to get hit. Give him time to survey the field because with this WR/TE lineup, someone is always going to be open.
            NFLN Fantasy report had a top 10 of surprise Fantasy Stars for this Season. Perkins was #3!!
            Football has been very, very good to us.
            After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
            But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
            2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
            3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
            4-New York Giants!!!
            5-NE
            Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Paul perkins is the key for the giants this year. Not only can he open up things for the passing game but help the defense too by controling the clock and keeping our d off the field. I don't like our back up rb position. Too many injury questions and not enough talent. Lets hope Perkins can handle a full season. I think jr did a poor job in not brining in blount.
              [SIGPIC]

Comment

The best case would be a O T and a O G get cut from another team and we get smart and upgrade our line!! Go Jints!!

Comment

Originally posted by bearbryant View Post
                  The best case would be a O T and a O G get cut from another team and we get smart and upgrade our line!! Go Jints!!
                  If a O T and O G get cut from another team, there is a reason for it and it is not a good one.
                  Never go to battle with the intellectually unarmed.

Comment

picking up a player who has been cut from another team isn't always a good thing..

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post
                      Paul perkins is the key for the giants this year. Not only can he open up things for the passing game but help the defense too by controling the clock and keeping our d off the field. I don't like our back up rb position. Too many injury questions and not enough talent. Lets hope Perkins can handle a full season. I think jr did a poor job in not brining in blount.
                      Between Gallman and (hopefully) a healthy Vereen plus Darkwa they have enough bodies. It's not a talented backfield by any stretch, but the team is built around the passing game.

Believe it or not Blount isn't some great talent. He was a product of the Pats' system. He'd struggle to avg 4.0 YPC and would probably get 600-700 yards on the Giants. No reason to pay up for that. There's a reason why Bellichick didn't keep in and brought in the much better Mike Gillesslee.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post
                        It's scary that a 5th round draft pick that's only started two games is key but I think you're right. Without a run game Eli will be under pressure early and often again. If our run game is just average our passing game will be deadly.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Brown View Post

Between Gallman and (hopefully) a healthy Vereen plus Darkwa they have enough bodies. It's not a talented backfield by any stretch, but the team is built around the passing game.

Believe it or not Blount isn't some great talent. He was a product of the Pats' system. He'd struggle to avg 4.0 YPC and would probably get 600-700 yards on the Giants. No reason to pay up for that. There's a reason why Bellichick didn't keep in and brought in the much better Mike Gillesslee.
                          lets just through 18 tds out the window. Product of a system or not thats pretty darn good if you ask me. We dont need a great yards per carry back. Maybe just someone who could gain a few yards when it mattered most. IE third and short, 3rd and goal from the 2 yard line. Can perkins be that back? Im not sure. I was also not asking blount to be the number 1 back. Just a good compliment to Perkins.
                          [SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by giants_rock View Post

It's scary that a 5th round draft pick that's only started two games is key but I think you're right. Without a run game Eli will be under pressure early and often again. If our run game is just average our passing game will be deadly.
                            It is scary to think that. However, Perkins could open up everything for this team. The offense and the defense. One stat people aren't talking about most is time of possession. If the giants struggle to keep the ball again the defense will not have as good of a year. How good the defense played was amazing considering how long they were on the field.
                            [SIGPIC]

Comment

Best case scenario....
                              Engram plays like he did in college
                              ODB continues his dominance streak
                              Marshall is Marshall
                              Shepherd takes steps foward as our #3 WR
                              Our OL steps it up as a cohesive unit, especially our 9th overall pick, Flowers
                              Eli has more time in the pocket
                              Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Working...
                              X