Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jadar Johnson Retired?

Left camp and retired ... weird

I feel it might have to do with the recent CTE news. Can't blame guys that would rather keep as much of their brains intact as possible. I love this sport but even I struggle with how involved I would want my kids to be in it. By then though either there will be enough equipment advancements to better keep players safe or football will be outlawed.

Comment

Statement from Jadar Johnson's agent Trey Robinson following his client's retirement.

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/sta...435328/photo/1

Comment

I know Nat Berhe is happy. But Nat is the one that should fear CTE more
        Long Live the King

Comment

When 110 out of a sampling of 111 football player brains were identified with CTE, yea some people are gonna start re-thinking their career and life regarding football... That 1 player without CTE may have been a punter or kicker.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
            When 110 out of a sampling of 111 football player brains were identified with CTE, yea some people are gonna start re-thinking their career and life regarding football... That 1 player without CTE may have been a punter or kicker.
            This is what I think is going to be the ultimate downfall of the NFL. Aspiring athletes will not be choosing football and the quality of the game will go down.

Comment

Keep in mind these numbers are not NECESSARILY indicative of what the actual odds are.. let me explain, those particular 111 people donated their brains for a reason, they were probably experiencing symptoms so of course those are gonna be the guys that have it, it's not as if they're so random

All this tells me beyond any reasonable doubt is 110 out of 111 people who thought they might have CTE had it

Comment

Originally posted by Eliordie View Post

Keep in mind these numbers are not NECESSARILY indicative of what the actual odds are.. let me explain, those particular 111 people donated their brains for a reason, they were probably experiencing symptoms so of course those are gonna be the guys that have it, it's not as if they're so random

All this tells me beyond any reasonable doubt is 110 out of 111 people who thought they might have CTE had it
                I would also like to see what the CTE rates would be if the examines the brains of recently deceased people who never played football at all.

Comment

We are going to see more and more of this. It is what the NFL fears most IMO.

P0YtNX.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Eliordie View Post

But the study also included high school and college football players as well and the progression of CTE rates is astounding the longer people have played the game. College players think they have CTE at such an early age? Don't think so. The percentages are so high, it's impossible to downplay it to any reasonable level.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

I would also like to see what the CTE rates would be if the examines the brains of recently deceased people who never played football at all.
                      and never played contact sports at all. CTE studies originated from boxers. Repeated head injuries are not good, no matter how anyone can spin the issue.

Comment

and never played contact sports at all. CTE studies originated from boxers. Repeated head injuries are not good, no matter how anyone can spin the issue.
                        Good point. There should be a sample group of scans from people that did not play sports involving head trauma, and did not have any significant head trauma in their life. Just for a baseline ....

Comment

UDFA, no draft pick wasted, I wish the young man nothing but the best in life.
                          No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Still think Tiki was wrong to get out when he did?
                            Long Live the King

Comment

Originally posted by Gee718 View Post
                              Still think Tiki was wrong to get out when he did?
                              I don't recall one poster ever saying the Tiki was "wrong" to retire when he did.

Comment

Working...
                              X