Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Only 3 Giants on roster have arrived here pre-2014.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only 3 Giants on roster have arrived here pre-2014.

Eli, Pugh, and JPP.
    got this from training camp handout today.
    I know NFL rosters turn over alot, but jeez.
    doesn't speak well of our early round picks over the long haul, I guess.

Zack DeOssie?

Comment

Herzlich?
      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by cpirish View Post
        Eli, Pugh, and JPP.
        got this from training camp handout today.
        I know NFL rosters turn over alot, but jeez.
        doesn't speak well of our early round picks over the long haul, I guess.
        DeOssie and Herzlich were on the roster in 2013. I think this is Zak's 11th season with the Giants.
        The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post

DeOssie and Herzlich were on the roster in 2013. I think this is Zak's 11th season with the Giants.
          Still pretty low.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

Still pretty low.
            I don't get your point.
            The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

I'd have to see other teams numbers.
              it seems to indicate that we do not re-sign many of our draft picks after their rookie contracts.

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post

I don't get your point.
                Only 5 guys on the roster from 2013. That's a pretty big turnover.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

Only 5 guys on the roster from 2013. That's a pretty big turnover.
                  Huge turnover, but a big improvement nonetheless

Comment

Look at the Pats and Broncos....I'm sure it's the same. Guys don't even last 3 years

Comment

Originally posted by Gee718 View Post
                      Look at the Pats and Broncos....I'm sure it's the same. Guys don't even last 3 years
                      The Pats have 12 players from 2013 and earlier.
                      The Broncos have 5
                      The Browns have 3
                      The Jets have 5
                      The Falcons have 10
                      Seahawks 7
                      Dolphins 4
                      Skins 6
                      Boys 11
                      Eagles 9
                      Packers 11

Make what you want of these numbers. As for us, if you look back at the 11, 12 and 13 draft classes they are probably some of the worst ones of Reese's time here so it is not a surprise. It's also probably why we have had some really bad years here.

Now if we look a little more in depth and take the Patriots as an example. They are not having these great draft classes where they resign 4 guys. In fact of their 12 guys the most from 1 draft class is 2 ('09, '10, '11 and '12). We are on our way to doing the same thing with our recent draft classes. At least two guys (ODB and Richburg) from 2014 will make it past their rookie deals, probably Kennard also. Bromley and Berhe are on the fence. 2015 looks like it should have 2 with Collins being a lock and then some combo of hart, Flowers or OO improving enough in the next two years. Then obviously 2016 looks amazing, although it's very early.
                      LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                      "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Makes sense that 2 Coughlin leftovers (Donnell, Cruz) were the biggest derailment to the Giants season in 2016.

Comment

well Reese has yet to hit on a draft pick after the 2nd round so that's going to happen

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
                            The Pats have 12 players from 2013 and earlier.
                            The Broncos have 5
                            The Browns have 3
                            The Jets have 5
                            The Falcons have 10
                            Seahawks 7
                            Dolphins 4
                            Skins 6
                            Boys 11
                            Eagles 9
                            Packers 11

Make what you want of these numbers. As for us, if you look back at the 11, 12 and 13 draft classes they are probably some of the worst ones of Reese's time here so it is not a surprise. It's also probably why we have had some really bad years here.

Now if we look a little more in depth and take the Patriots as an example. They are not having these great draft classes where they resign 4 guys. In fact of their 12 guys the most from 1 draft class is 2 ('09, '10, '11 and '12). We are on our way to doing the same thing with our recent draft classes. At least two guys (ODB and Richburg) from 2014 will make it past their rookie deals, probably Kennard also. Bromley and Berhe are on the fence. 2015 looks like it should have 2 with Collins being a lock and then some combo of hart, Flowers or OO improving enough in the next two years. Then obviously 2016 looks amazing, although it's very early.
                            who was the Giants first rounder in 2011 иии

Maybe Amukamara
                            and second round was Marvin Austin yikes

Comment

Originally posted by shocknaweny View Post
                              well Reese has yet to hit on a draft pick after the 2nd round so that's going to happen
                              Bradshaw, DeOssie, Manningham to name three. I know facts don't matter though.
                              LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                              "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Working...
                              X