Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flowers' technique still a concern

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Flowers' technique still a concern

    http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...a_concern.html

    Excerpt: "I had planned to watch every team rep taken by Giants left tackle Ereck Flowers in Wednesday's practice. The ankle injury suffered by wide receiver Sterling Shepard early in practice altered those plans, but I was still able to focus a good amount of attention on Flowers. The results weren't pretty.

    Despite Flowers' improved conditioning this offseason, he is still prone to the same technique breakdowns that plagued him in his first two seasons. This was the Giants' first training camp practice in full pads, so Flowers has some time to pick up his game. But the early returns aren't encouraging:" Read more...

  • #2
    Well that's troubling....

    Comment


    • #3
      I am still willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. It is still early in camp. If he can't get it together, their going to have to do something. I think he will.
      Never go to battle with the intellectually unarmed.

      Comment


      • #4
        I pity any person that was buying the Giants hype on this dude in the offseason, I never bought it for a second

        Comment


        • #5
          I love nearly every move JR has made in the last two offseasons. The fact JR hasn't addressed the OL the last couple years continues to drive me absolutely insane and negates all the good moves he's made.
          NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

          Rd 1
          Garrett Bolles - OT
          David Njoku - TE
          Zach Cunningham - OLB

          Comment


          • #6
            We would be a better team if Pugh was our LT and we either converted Flowers to LG or we just got a new one.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by SevenwithaT View Post
              We would be a better team if Pugh was our LT and we either converted Flowers to LG or we just got a new one.
              Man I hope Mara reads these boards. Giants could stand to hire someone as pragmatic and forward thinking as you.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by PBTimmons View Post

                Man I hope Mara reads these boards. Giants could stand to hire someone as pragmatic and forward thinking as you.
                Yeah, it takes so much to be better than the great Ereck Flowers. Maybe him getting pushed into the backfield with his arms flailing is some Walter Jones technique only understood by top scouts.
                Last edited by SevenwithaT; 08-02-2017, 04:31 PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I never bought into the hype. I appluad the effort but his style of play has been ingrained in him since HS. Now that he can't use his tanagables against NFL DL and one offseason of really trying to correct form, and technique was not going to change that. He's going to struggle again this year, lets jjust hope some of this training mitegates even just a fraction of the damge he caused last year. Between the absurd amount of penalties and the pressures and hits allowed.. this dude shouldn't even be starting. Hes a major liability. Someone has a lot of faith in this guy. Hopefully, they are right and he has some sort of breakthrough.
                  #80
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by GiantFanatic55 View Post
                    http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...a_concern.html

                    Excerpt: "I had planned to watch every team rep taken by Giants left tackle Ereck Flowers in Wednesday's practice. The ankle injury suffered by wide receiver Sterling Shepard early in practice altered those plans, but I was still able to focus a good amount of attention on Flowers. The results weren't pretty.

                    Despite Flowers' improved conditioning this offseason, he is still prone to the same technique breakdowns that plagued him in his first two seasons. This was the Giants' first training camp practice in full pads, so Flowers has some time to pick up his game. But the early returns aren't encouraging:" Read more...
                    What exactly is the problem with his technique? At this level of Football, if you have technique issues, you'll end up having them on throughout the career.

                    Can his technique be improved? Why aren't coaches picking up on this? or, if they ARE, why haven't they addressed it now? I think THAT is more troubling
                    how coaches go through training camp and don't see/ignore Flowers technique

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Relax it is the first day with full pads.
                      Never go to battle with the intellectually unarmed.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Not even moving his feet on that blow back play. I don't care if it's the first practice or not, games start in a month.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by giant-4-life View Post

                          What exactly is the problem with his technique? At this level of Football, if you have technique issues, you'll end up having them on throughout the career.

                          Can his technique be improved? Why aren't coaches picking up on this? or, if they ARE, why haven't they addressed it now? I think THAT is more troubling
                          how coaches go through training camp and don't see/ignore Flowers technique
                          he appears to me to struggle in open space for the simple reason that he does not have fast light feet/movement to get into position and anchor or punch.... positioning is 90% of it IMO he is better suited to play guard.

                          i think they they call it a kick step...but ****... its just moving into position

                          at guard there is not as much open space... so he doesn't have to move into position as much and more easily anchor.

                          2 cents

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Does this shock ANYONE? Maybe Jerry Reese? That's why i say they are wasting time getting more weapons. We have enough weapons. We need a stronger more sound trench.

                            After the past 2 years of terrible LT play, why do we think he mysteriously will be better?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I say ProBowl LT by the end of the season.
                              Last edited by The_ One; 08-02-2017, 05:08 PM.
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X