Flowers' technique still a concern

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jomo View Post

If we went solely on all the words written about him this off season, one would think he was at least NFL grade and maybe an emerging star.
    But we know better......

YA, do you have any idea who plants all those off season stories about "the beast he's become in the workout room, remade his body, much quicker, ready to dominate"?

Does the team do that through the PR side or is it his agent or his friends/family.......any idea?
    That's just the ny media creating click bait

I'm sure he worked his *** off this offseason ... and he did trim up

but that wont change the fact that he has no idea how to use his hands ....just constantly drops his head and is one of the worst linemen I have ever seen when it comes to leverage

I want nothing more than to see him succeed ... but I sure wouldn't bet tomorrow's lunch on it

Comment

• Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post

I brought this up days ago, how people are forgetting he's up vs Vernon who happens to make t.snith look like a lost tackle with no technique at times...

flowers can't be judged against jpp and Vernon unless you believe both represent what flowers will face weekly.
      Perhaps not weekly but our schedule pits him against many of the League's elite pass-rushers this season.

Comment

• when the NYG play the jets, that should tell me all i need to know about Flowers...the jets will not hold back on the NYG...this is like a real game for bragging rights to the jets...

Comment

• Originally posted by blueomaha View Post
          when the NYG play the jets, that should tell me all i need to know about Flowers...the jets will not hold back on the NYG...this is like a real game for bragging rights to the jets...
          But if Geno Smith is slated to be behind center for that game, won't the Jet's defenders be falling on their knees laughing at the sight of that?

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

But if Geno Smith is slated to be behind center for that game, won't the Jet's defenders be falling on their knees laughing at the sight of that?
            Eli will play against the jets at least a half...Flower better be on top of his game...

Comment

• http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-gi...-light-quicker

Why cant I post gifs anymore?
              Last edited by TheAnalyst; 08-04-2017, 11:02 AM.
              The Problem is the Oline, PERIOD

Comment

• Originally posted by blueomaha View Post
                when the NYG play the jets, that should tell me all i need to know about Flowers...the jets will not hold back on the NYG...this is like a real game for bragging rights to the jets...
                I understand your point, but I refuse to let pre-season be a barometer for anything in the regular season. Year-after-year, we see good and bad in the preseason and it very rarely translates into the regular season. I'll go by the past two years of bad regular season play on things. Until we see something different this year, I am going to assume he's going to be a below average LT this year--regardless of how things go against the Jets.

Comment

• From RF post this morning.

http://boards.giants.com/forum/new-y...ankle-thursday

" Olivier Vernon believes Ereck Flowers, the blindside tackle under the microscope entering his third season, is doing everything he can to improve. He sees it because as the two are dueling throughout practice, Flowers is picking Vernons brain.

As far as his hands, his hands are getting better. As far as technique, hes improved a whole lot, Ill say that. I know with Flowers, hes always working on his technique and asking questions about what hes doing wrong or what hes doing good on, Vernon said. So, that tells me hes somebody just trying to get better.

We talk all the time, the defensive end added. Hes asking what, as far as what techniques, as far as what he can give you. Anything to help each other get better."

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

• Originally posted by CRF11504 View Post

11-5
                    Thanks to the defense. Thinking that the offense should get any more than 10% of the credit for that record is delusion at its finest. Beckham was the only one who made anything happen on a consistent basis.
                    The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

• i agree, Giantterp..i just think Eli's blindside should be top priority...it should have been addressed already (don't know if it has been)..his technique still seems putrid to say the least..i'm not riding with Flowers if i don't see improvement..it's just a matter of when do you pull the plug,IMO...

Comment

• Originally posted by Essex Blue View Post

Perhaps not weekly but our schedule pits him against many of the League's elite pass-rushers this season.
                        Yeah I thought of this point while writing it and I at least came away thinking he will face maybe 3 4 max who are on or surpass Vernon and hop. Both are insanely tech sound its not as if they're are just 1 trick ponies.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearbryant View Post
                          Why would you expect an6ything different this season?? We did not make one substantial change to the offensive line. Fluker is not a substantial change. It's obvious that reese has dug in his feet and is challenging this O line to do something that they have not shown the ability to do: play as a cohesive unit. It should be interesting watching Mac try to install an offense that can work with this O line. Go Jints!!

Um, wrong.

Fluker is substantially better than Bobby Hart, and has looked tremendous in camp.

Comment

• Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post

Thanks to the defense. Thinking that the offense should get any more than 10% of the credit for that record is delusion at its finest. Beckham was the only one who made anything happen on a consistent basis.

11 and 5. Playing to the scoreboard/situation.

Controlling G-C-G in the pass game, playing to the QB's tempo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Essex Blue View Post

And he will get help against those guys. RB will chip on his way out, or wide release by the TE

Comment

• Originally posted by CRF11504 View Post

Um, wrong.

Fluker is substantially better than Bobby Hart, and has looked tremendous in camp.
                                Fluker will Jerry's job

Comment

Working...
                                X