• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RoanokeFan
    started a topic Giants' Top Pick Pugh Set To Show Off Mean Streak

Giants' Top Pick Pugh Set To Show Off Mean Streak

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.1340123

Excerpt: "When the Giants took Justin Pugh in the first round of the NFL draft two weeks ago, they praised him as a “clean” player. He was everything they wanted in an offensive lineman smart, athletic, versatile, “technically sound,” and without a single off-field issue.

Nobody in the Giants’ brain trust referred to him as “mean” even though that might be the Syracuse product’s best attribute.

“Oh yeah, absolutely,” said new Giants quarterback Ryan Nassib of Pugh, his left tackle the last three seasons with the Orange. “He’s one tough dude. I’ve seen him many a time make his opponent quit. It’s almost humorous when guys stop rushing him at the end of games.”

“He’s like Velcro,” added Will Hicks, the assistant athletics director for athletic performance at Syracuse. “When he gets on you, he sticks to you. You can’t pull him away. You can’t get away from him.”
    Read more...

• TCHOF
    replied
    Originally posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    I get the nasty narly thing, but we need talent. Attitude alone will not get it. Stray is a great example. He wasn't mean or nasty but he was awesome and talented. Remember that Eagles tackle that he continuously abused- I think it was Runyan. He was supposed to be the meanest SOB. All for not, 'cause Stray took his **** to school every time they played.
    We aren't talking mean and nasty people at a ****tail party . . . just mean and nasty on the field . . . . and Stray was every bit of that.

Leave a comment:

• giantscolombia
    replied
    Originally posted by drewz View Post
    P-Rex is an awesome name
    I agree bro. P-Rex strikes more fear than P-Man.

from an apex predator to someone you do not want to meet in the men's room.

Leave a comment:

• ashleymarie
    replied
    Originally posted by drewz View Post
    P-Rex is an awesome name
    +1

Leave a comment:

• drewz
    replied
    P-Rex is an awesome name

Leave a comment:

• RoanokeFan
    replied
    Originally posted by ashleymarie View Post
    The meaner the better. Our Oline has been lacking for so long. Bring it P-man.
    PLEASE! It's Velcro to you

Leave a comment:

• jomo
    replied
    I get the nasty narly thing, but we need talent. Attitude alone will not get it. Stray is a great example. He wasn't mean or nasty but he was awesome and talented. Remember that Eagles tackle that he continuously abused- I think it was Runyan. He was supposed to be the meanest SOB. All for not, 'cause Stray took his **** to school every time they played.
    I am not talking nasty in a punk sort of way, I am talking attitude in how they physically engage at the snap. We had eveolved to having too many finesse guys in both trenches. I call them dancing bears; think Osi and Beatty. When we need a push on third and short or need a stop on third and short, all that finesse goes out the window. We need guys who can bend their oponents backward and finish blocks...............more guys like Seubert. Straham was as physical as necessary. Oponents weren't running at him like they did with impunity on Osi. Go Blue!!

Leave a comment:

• B&RWarrior
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ashleymarie
    replied
    Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
    Big Poppa Pugh..?
    I agree this is better.

Leave a comment:

• ryan12
    replied
    im excited to see him go out there and punch people in the throat

Leave a comment:

• Carter.525
    replied
    Originally posted by giantscolombia View Post
    P-Man?
    wow...smh
    not a good nickname at all...
    Big Poppa Pugh..?

Leave a comment:

• TCHOF
    replied
    Originally posted by jomo View Post
    May I add nasty and gnarly to that list?
    Absolutely!!

Leave a comment:

• jomo
    replied
    Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
    We need more guys who are described as "physical" and "mean"
    May I add nasty and gnarly to that list?

Leave a comment:

• jomo
    replied
    But it sounds cool!
    It does and that is what "talk is cheap" is all about...............simply an idea that captures the imagination................in the end, nothing useful.

Leave a comment:

• TCHOF
    replied
    We need more guys who are described as "physical" and "mean"

Leave a comment:

Working...
X