• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You all laughed...

at Herzlich switching to TE.
    Watch the first video.
    https://www.bigblueview.com/2017/8/3...l-perkins-more
    Who's laughing NOW? Continue to doubt a TRUE Giant who does ANYTHING for the team.
    ★★★Markus Kuhn Crew★★★★★★Bobby Hart Crew★★★
    sigpic

Hey anyway to keep him on the roster is cool with me. Huge Herzlich fan. Met him at HSS 2 years ago I was coming out of an MRI on my shoulder and he was going in I suppose for a follow up MRI. We were both naked just wearing hospital gowns talking about the Giants for a few minutes Cool stuff Lol

Comment

Originally posted by joeycush View Post
      Hey anyway to keep him on the roster is cool with me. Huge Herzlich fan. Met him at HSS 2 years ago I was coming out of an MRI on my shoulder and he was going in I suppose for a follow up MRI. We were both naked just wearing hospital gowns talking about the Giants for a few minutes Cool stuff Lol
      Amazing post

Comment

Who was laughing b4? Didn't want him taking up a spot b4 still don't. Was that one catch supposed to be why we need him?
        Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN

I wrote after the combine that Engram was entering the first-round discussion, and I've moved him above David Njoku as my second-ranked tight end. He put up the best 40 time (4.42) among tight ends and the fourth-best vertical (36 inches) at the combine. At 6-3, 234, Engram had 65 catches for 925 yards and eight touchdowns in 2016.

Comment

I'll remain quiet until..

Comment

I like Herzlich but am I supposed to be impressed by that? Looks like he caught the ball with his body, not his hands. He is at best a #4 TE on this team. Good player, tough kid though.
            LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
            "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

He caught a ball... I'm supposed to be impressed by this play?

Comment

I am still laughing. Haven't we had enough with "TE experiments". I like Herzlich but if there are better LBs on the team that will take his job that is the way it goes. I want another trophy in a case , not a feel good story on how he caught 4 passes for 25 yards.
                The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

I'll never understand all the hate on this board for "mid-tier" guys on the team who shut their mouth and do their job. The guy is talented to play some time, if not be a starter, does anything for the team, works hard on special teams, and is a generally good person in the community. Not everyone is Eli or JPP level talent. I put Chase Blackburn in this same camp. Not a superstar but come in and did his job and helped the team win a ring.

Comment

I like the fact that Giggling is complaining that other posters laughed.
                    I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

Originally posted by Quasi26 View Post
                      I'll never understand all the hate on this board for "mid-tier" guys on the team who shut their mouth and do their job. The guy is talented to play some time, if not be a starter, does anything for the team, works hard on special teams, and is a generally good person in the community. Not everyone is Eli or JPP level talent. I put Chase Blackburn in this same camp. Not a superstar but come in and did his job and helped the team win a ring.
                      That has been the problem with this team up until last year . Too many mid-teir guys in roles that n shouldn't be in . I have had my fill of mediocrity I want the best 53 on the squad.

The fact is LaCosse and Tye I would also assume Thompson UDFA from Temple are all better TEs then Herzlich.

If he can beat out one of these guys (Jonathan Casillas, B.J. Goodson, Devon Kennard, Keenan Robinson, ,Deontae Skinner. JT Thomas) for a roster spot. I am all for it . Win a spot on merit not because he catch a ball without getting hit.
                      Last edited by TEM; 08-04-2017, 08:37 AM.
                      The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post

That has been the problem with this team up until last year . Too many mid-teir guys in roles that n shouldn't be in . I have had my fill of mediocrity I want the best 53 on the squad.

The fact is LaCosse and Tye I would also assume Thompson UDFA from Temple are all better TEs then Herzlich.

If he can beat out one of these guys (Jonathan Casillas, B.J. Goodson, Devon Kennard, Keenan Robinson, ,Deontae Skinner. JT Thomas) for a roster spot. I am all for it . Win a spot on merit not because he catch a ball without getting hit.
                        No one is suggesting you fill a team with mediocre talent. The fact is, LaCosse and Tye are average, are not great on special teams, and cant fill another roll on defense like Herzlich does. It is a perfectly good use of a roster spot to have a guy who can be a backup at TE, LB and is good on special teams. It might even save a roster spot for another position. Hell, we carry a "backup linebacker" just because he can longsnap!

Comment

Herz should have been off this team years ago. Seriously. Great story, but come on....
                          WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

Originally posted by Quasi26 View Post

No one is suggesting you fill a team with mediocre talent. The fact is, LaCosse and Tye are average, are not great on special teams, and cant fill another roll on defense like Herzlich does. It is a perfectly good use of a roster spot to have a guy who can be a backup at TE, LB and is good on special teams. It might even save a roster spot for another position. Hell, we carry a "backup linebacker" just because he can longsnap!
                            I agree LaCosse and Tye are average. I am saying MH would be below average.
                            You are giving reasons why he should make the team. I say he needs to earn a spot. Personally I think JT Thomas and Skinner are better options if he can beat them out for a spot . I am all for it. I would not want a TE cut so he can get his 4 catches. Because if a few TEs get injured and he in the next man up . Were Screwed.

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post

I agree LaCosse and Tye are average. I am saying MH would be below average.
                              You are giving reasons why he should make the team. I say he needs to earn a spot. Personally I think JT Thomas and Skinner are better options if he can beat them out for a spot . I am all for it. I would not want a TE cut so he can get his 4 catches. Because if a few TEs get injured and he in the next man up . Were Screwed.
                              Every player has to earn their spot, end of story.

Comment

Working...
                              X