Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vernon on Flowers...

3. FLOWERS PICKING VERNONS BRAIN

Left tackle Ereck Flowers, who is entering his third season, drew praise from his coaches and teammates for the physical improvements he made over the offseason. Now that training camp is here and the Giants have practiced with the pads on a few times, they can start to see the difference as it translates to the field.

As far as his hands, his hands are getting better, said defensive end Olivier Vernon, who often lines up across from Flowers. As far as technique, hes improved a whole lot, Ill say that. I know with Flowers, hes always working on his technique and asking questions about what hes doing wrong or what hes doing good on. So, that tells me hes somebody just trying to get better.

Vernon added: We talk all the time. Hes asking what, as far as what techniques, as far as what he can give you. Anything to help each other get better.

Flowers is trying as best he can...at this point any failure with him at LT would likely be on management for keeping him a position he's not best at. I won't criticize him anymore...only root that he achieves.

Even with Flowers being as bad as he was last year, Eli was only sacked 21 times on like 640 pass dropbacks.

Comment

Originally posted by CRF11504 View Post
      Even with Flowers being as bad as he was last year, Eli was only sacked 21 times on like 640 pass dropbacks.
      and that had almost zero to do with Flowers perforrmace at LT?

was all about Eli getting rid of the ball quickly whether he needed to or not

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
      You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post

exactly right ... it is built into the timing of the system

I believe this year we will see those balls hitting more hands and less ground

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post

exactly right ... it is built into the timing of the system

I believe this year we will see those balls hitting more hands and less ground
          I also hope that when Eli has time he uses it. Lst year he got rid if it as if in a hurry even when he didnt need to
          You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

I also hope that when Eli has time he uses it. Lst year he got rid if it as if in a hurry even when he didnt need to
            Many many times, and it wound up costing them some big plays more than once.
            The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

that is the system unfortunately ... 100% based on timing

the steps of the routes based completely on the drop of the QB ... that's the system

and when you don't have the weapons you see what we saw last season

I see this season being very different for multiple reasons ... a couple of them being more weapons and corrections made based on last years downfalls

we will see a lot less 11 personnel that's for sure

Comment

At least Fluker can share his pain. He has a vet on his team that should be able to pull him to the side an tell him that Busts happen to good people sometimes.

Comment

Eli is a quick decision-making pocket passer....he will always make quick decisions and get the ball out, in this scheme.

Comment

Eli is a quick decision-making pocket passer....he will always make quick decisions and get the ball out, in this scheme.
                    right and thats why the sack numbers dont mean squat in regards to Flowers having trouble at LT

Comment

This is why stats should be outlawed completely. Someone could end up hurting themselves.

Y'know based on stats alone, the average human has one breast and one testicle.

Comment

And while none of us knows whether that was done per plan or not, we should continue to post as though we do.

Comment

right and thats why the sack numbers dont mean squat in regards to Flowers having trouble at LT

Yes they do mean something. It means that despite Flowers' struggles at LT, Eli had an interior pocket to climb up into, which saved him from a whole lot of sacks.

Comment

Yes they do mean something. It means that despite Flowers' struggles at LT, Eli had an interior pocket to climb up into, which saved him from a whole lot of sacks.
                            It means that many times and we all saw it, Eli had to get rid of the ball before he wanted to. That resulted in many throwaways and balls straight thrown into the ground.

Comment

How many pressures did he give up?

Comment

Working...
                              X