Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brewer Could Make Coach Flat's Job A Whole Lot Easier

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Brewer Could Make Coach Flat's Job A Whole Lot Easier

    If Brewer could win the Right Tackle Position, are there players we just do not need around here any longer ? Pugh and David D. could be plugged in anywhere. If Pugh can master the Center position, do we need Cordle any longer ? What about the 2 tackle projects we signed last year, would they become expendable.

  • #2
    I could be wrong on this but if Brewer is ready to start this year, we would have seen him more last year during those depleted weeks after Locklear's injury.
    No one remembers who came in second.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by BlueBlitzer View Post
      If Brewer could win the Right Tackle Position, are there players we just do not need around here any longer ? Pugh and David D. could be plugged in anywhere. If Pugh can master the Center position, do we need Cordle any longer ? What about the 2 tackle projects we signed last year, would they become expendable.
      I don't think we would have drafted Pugh if Brewer was a lock to start at RT. At this point, I think Pugh is more of the front runner there based on comments by the Giants FO.
      I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

      Comment


      • #4
        I think the only way our run blocking improves dramatically is if Brewer starts at RT and Pugh plays at Guard. Otherwise the only new addition is Pugh and he's not a mauler.
        Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

        http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
          I don't think we would have drafted Pugh if Brewer was a lock to start at RT. At this point, I think Pugh is more of the front runner there based on comments by the Giants FO.
          i agree
          sigpic
          FUTURE NY GIANTS PLAYER

          2015 season tbd

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by B&RWarrior View Post
            I think the only way our run blocking improves dramatically is if Brewer starts at RT and Pugh plays at Guard. Otherwise the only new addition is Pugh and he's not a mauler.
            Syracuse rushed for over 1000 yards two years in a row with Pugh at OT. And I don't think I'm ready to say that Pugh would be a better run blocker at OG than either Boothe or Snee.
            I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by BlueBlitzer View Post
              If Brewer could win the Right Tackle Position, are there players we just do not need around here any longer ? Pugh and David D. could be plugged in anywhere. If Pugh can master the Center position, do we need Cordle any longer ? What about the 2 tackle projects we signed last year, would they become expendable.
              Hey man, with all due respect, you can't plug Diehl anywhere. That will be the weakness on the line

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by jomo View Post
                I could be wrong on this but if Brewer is ready to start this year, we would have seen him more last year during those depleted weeks after Locklear's injury.
                Brewer was in an open competition with Diehl for the RT spot last training camp and got smoked. I agree that the selection of Pugh speaks volumes about what the FO thinks of Brewer as a starting RT at this point.

                McCants is one of the worst football players I have ever seen and I expect no contribution from him, if he even makes the team. Mosley is still a question mark since he was basically injured all of last season.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                  I don't think we would have drafted Pugh if Brewer was a lock to start at RT. At this point, I think Pugh is more of the front runner there based on comments by the Giants FO.
                  Yep
                  No one remembers who came in second.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                    Syracuse rushed for over 1000 yards two years in a row with Pugh at OT. And I don't think I'm ready to say that Pugh would be a better run blocker at OG than either Boothe or Snee.
                    I'm thinking Brewer is representing the upgrade in the run blocking. Pugh won't be better than Snee at run blocking- ever. I think he could challenge Boothe. Boothe is serviceable but nothing to write home about, IMO.
                    Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

                    http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by jomo View Post
                      I could be wrong on this but if Brewer is ready to start this year, we would have seen him more last year during those depleted weeks after Locklear's injury.
                      +1
                      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by jomo View Post
                        I could be wrong on this but if Brewer is ready to start this year, we would have seen him more last year during those depleted weeks after Locklear's injury.
                        + 1 ! And I'm excited to see what that kid Herman can do right off the bat. I have a hunch he is going to pan out. At the very least I feel he can come in and contribute and in the meanwhile continue his development and grasp of the offensive verbiage. I'm counting the days to see the first summer camp fight and I'll bet you he is going to be in the middle of it. Love his mean streak and toughness.
                        " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Honestly, the team really needs for some of these OL prospects to start panning out. Pugh will be a starter on the line somewhere this year, which helps. But, they really need someone to step up between Brewer, McCants and Mosely and become at least a serviceable player.

                          Whatever happened to that young OG that so many were high on until he got?
                          All Hail The New York Giants!!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by TrueBlue@NYC View Post
                            Whatever happened to that young OG that so many were high on until he got?
                            Mitch Putrid? I mean, Petris?
                            My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                              Mitch Putrid? I mean, Petris?
                              I Like the idea that Herman is supposed to be a mauler, but I fear that he might turn out to be another Petrus.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X