Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could fluker be the insurance policy for flowers after all?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could fluker be the insurance policy for flowers after all?

Jerry or fluker will likely be the 6th man on the OL. This provides the flexibility to slide whomever that 6th man turns out to be at LG and Pugh to LT?

I actually prefer that idea more than the available option in FA and the draft...

hopefully flowers just thrives and we never know. But think it makes sense personally.

I think Fluker was signed without a clear idea of what his role would be. The fact that he's played guard and tackle makes him useful. Maybe he'll beat out Jerry. Maybe he'll beat out Hart at RT. Who knows. Worse case he's a backup at several positions.
    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

I dont see them doing anything for the first few games. Juggling the line can sometimes pan out.
      "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
      You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
        I dont see them doing anything for the first few games. Juggling the line can sometimes pan out.
        True.
        but let's imagine worst case and hope it's just imagining and never happens but flowers is awful.

what do we actually do?
        I actually can't think of anything else....would we move Hart to LT and ?

Comment

Flowers is putting a lot of effort into the LT position; staying in town during the off season, asking questions of everyone etc. he needs to get into real action to test his potential. if he improves on last year at all he'll be the LT while healthy.
          sigpic

Comment

i dont think Fluker would move to LG. He's played his entire career on the right side. I think if Pugh did move to LT at any point, Brett jones would be the one to fill in at LG

Comment

I think Pugh is going to stay at LG. Final year of his contract and arguably our best offensive lineman. don't think they are going to mess with that. I hope flowers has his act together, but I think he stays at LT regardless and we slide Ellison his side to help out.

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post

True.
                but let's imagine worst case and hope it's just imagining and never happens but flowers is awful.

what do we actually do?
                I actually can't think of anything else....would we move Hart to LT and ?
                Hart gave up roughly the same number of QB pressures as Flowers last year. There's no way they move him to LT.

Comment

Originally posted by gibril28wilson View Post
                  i dont think Fluker would move to LG. He's played his entire career on the right side. I think if Pugh did move to LT at any point, Brett jones would be the one to fill in at LG
                  Pugh was only an average RT. This article from 2015 has a good description of him:
                  http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-right-tackles
                  The Giants obviously see more potential in Flowers and hope he will reach that potential soon. Personally I have serious doubts he ever will. I think in the long run the Giants will wish they had kept Pugh as a tackle but this year it looks like they're determine to leave things as they are.
                  Last edited by giants_rock; 08-04-2017, 11:45 PM.

Comment

I doubt it. Did Fluker even play LT when he was at Alabama? I think Fluker is only here to push Jerry and Hart. Pugh is still probably the backup LT.

Comment

Jerry or fluker will likely be the 6th man on the OL. This provides the flexibility to slide whomever that 6th man turns out to be at LG and Pugh to LT?

I actually prefer that idea more than the available option in FA and the draft...

hopefully flowers just thrives and we never know. But think it makes sense personally.
                      It makes zero sense as mcadoo said fluker is a right side player.. specifically a guard as he stuggled mightily in his career at right tackle.. Chad wheeler seems like the insurance policy for flowers.

Comment

Originally posted by giants_rock View Post

Pugh was only an average RT. This article from 2015 has a good description of him:
                        http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-right-tackles
                        The Giants obviously see more potential in Flowers and hope he will reach that potential soon. Personally I have serious doubts he ever will. I think in the long run the Giants will wish they had kept Pugh as a tackle but this year it looks like they're determine to leave things as they are.

Pugh isn't a RT, if he played there at all for the Giants it was very short-term in an emergency. He played LT and was actually pretty good. The author seems to be confused. Actually, even a middle of the pack LT is better than we've had the last two years, more interesting in the article was Fluker's rating at almost dead last. Granted, he was still a youngster at the time.

Comment

If Flowers can't get together. I don't know who is a fit? Clady retired so he is out . There is King Dunlop and Branden Albert but they both have a lot of miles on them. At this point I would think the Giants would go with one of rookies??? I still believe Flowers is the guy. The Giants staff must be seeing improvement in him.
                          Never go to battle with the intellectually unarmed.

Comment

could flowers slide to left guard and pugh to LT? could brett jones could play guard also? suppose it is a wide open competition. will be interesting to see how it plays itself out. seems to me there is enough talent to figure something out.

Comment

Absolutely, Fluker is the option on the right side. He can play either Guard or Tackle and Pugh is the backup plan at LT. Didn't everyone know this when we signed him. if he starts Jerry moves into Guard and Fluker slides to Guard or Tackle.

So with Fluker that's our starting 6 and the backup Center makes 7. So who's the 8th ? Do we carry Bisnowaty on the taxi squad to make 9 OL ?

Comment

Working...
                              X