Son , You're Potential Is Getting Me Fired

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Son , You're Potential Is Getting Me Fired

That may be the Thinking Big Blue's LBer coach is wondering right now. We have Backers who can play Sam, Will And Mike. However none will have Offensive Coaches sleepless at night. All seem to have that P- thing ( Potential )

This crew keeps me sleepless at nights.. As a fan

Comment

For whatever reason we haven't been able to develop top notch players in that position, or in the back 7 really.

Truth is we have drafted a decent amount of linebackers - 8 I think since Reese is GM. And we've taken them as high as the 2nd round.

But while our defense can look so bad at times, we have been able to come together in the post season twice. It's tough to argue with that kind of success despite how frustrating it is to watch our defense play.
      Torque it till it breaks, then back off a 1/4 turn.

Comment

The LBer situation is a game of numbers under Reese ... draft/sign a ton of low end prospects and see what sticks.

This year doesn't seem to be any different (signings over drafting this year).
        I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Everyone's argument about the LBer situation seems to be that we won two superbowls with mediocre players in this position and can do it again. Id argue that both those SB runs came late in the season and for both of those years the team had me biting my nails most of the season. I would think that with a stonger core of LBers our D would be much improved. Although we won two SBs, we also got seasons like last year.
          2017 Draft Wishlist:
          1. Christian McCaffrey RB Stanford
          2. Raekwon McMillan ILB Ohio State
          3. Roderick Johnson OT Florida State
          4. Jordan Leggett TE Clemson
          5. Ryan Glasgow DT Michegan
          6. Chad Kelly QB Ole Miss
          7. Billy Brown WR Shepherd

sigpic
          "Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
          - Homer J. Simpson

Comment

The Greatest Linebacker of all time probably needs a job, they should hire him to teach his skills to our LB's. That is if we can keep him out of trouble long enough ha ha.
            FINISH FINISH FINISH!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TAILGATIN' View Post
              Everyone's argument about the LBer situation seems to be that we won two superbowls with mediocre players in this position and can do it again. Id argue that both those SB runs came late in the season and for both of those years the team had me biting my nails most of the season. I would think that with a stonger core of LBers our D would be much improved. Although we won two SBs, we also got seasons like last year.
              most of the season means nothing. The point is we got to the playoffs and played our best ball when it counted and in both runs the defense was lights out and both runs we had mediocre at best LBers
              https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

Comment

Originally posted by smd16nwo View Post
                The Greatest Linebacker of all time probably needs a job, they should hire him to teach his skills to our LB's. That is if we can keep him out of trouble long enough ha ha.
                he ain't leaving the golf course, hes said he barely watched football anymore.

Plus im not sure how good of a technical coach he would be
                https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

Comment

Originally posted by MattMeyerBud View Post
                  most of the season means nothing. The point is we got to the playoffs and played our best ball when it counted and in both runs the defense was lights out and both runs we had mediocre at best LBers
                  Then again with decent LBers we might very well have gone to the playoffs in 2009, 2010 and 2012.

Shrug.
                  I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Everyone acts like there is his SURPLUS of AMAZING LBs that the Giants ignore and refuse to sign. We already have question marks for linebackers. Adding more questions marks are not going to change anything unless they can all somehow combine into Devastator.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBlitzer View Post
                      That may be the Thinking Big Blue's LBer coach is wondering right now. We have Backers who can play Sam, Will And Mike. However none will have Offensive Coaches sleepless at night. All seem to have that P- thing ( Potential )
                      .............and a couple don't even have that.
                      No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

I've got an amazing ground breaking idea, instead of going through the same B.S every single year by signing bums & late round picks,hoping someone works out.....just draft some actuall LBs & hopefully we don't have to worry about LB for the next 8 years

Comment

Originally posted by MattMeyerBud View Post
                          You missed my point.. We barely made it there and I know I will get crap for this, but along with talent, we def had some luck on our side. Those SB runs could have been at least somewhat easier seasons if some needs were addressed (such as LB). I agree with Kruunch's above statement too. Might have had some better seasons and easier roads to bowls.
                          2017 Draft Wishlist:

sigpic
                          "Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
                          - Homer J. Simpson

Comment

The defense lives and dies by the Line. If the Line plays like the stars they are, the linebackers could be me, you and your sister and we'd win. If the line plays like they did last year, you see how it goes with mediocre linebackers.

Comment

Originally posted by J. Tuck Rule View Post
                              The defense lives and dies by the Line. If the Line plays like the stars they are, the linebackers could be me, you and your sister and we'd win. If the line plays like they did last year, you see how it goes with mediocre linebackers.
                              I realize how important the line is, but that analogy is garbage. Imagine a great line w some decent LBs behind them.. I believe that's the mentality for most of us who want a decent LB unit. I know some of you would be happy w strawberry shortcake and rainbow bright back there, but I'm sick of the post draft crapshoot.
                              2017 Draft Wishlist:

sigpic
                              - Homer J. Simpson

Comment

Working...
                              X