No announcement yet.

An example of weak writing....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont know why anyone reads any of them from anywhere. They're all the same, and they're all just opinions, just like every post on these boards.

Not worth the click.
    The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

Originally posted by zimonami View Post

It seems to be the norm these days... bait them in with a title that is intriguing, and infers new insight, even though what you are going to write has no real connection to the title. They have so much competition that they lure you with a great sounding BS title... all talk and no action. I likely wouldn't open the link just to read a fluff piece on 10 players... but, I would open the link if I thought I was going to get a good update on their performance in camp. I hate the deception of today's media.
      I'm with you

Comment

I was just thinking about how WEAK the content the Giants put out is. Along that same token, MSG is REALLY weak with putting out good content around their teams.

I know they have a few shows, but I don't even THINK about watching any of them. Sorry to say it, but they have a bunch of old timers on there and nobody cares. All the shows feel like they are from the 90s. I don't know if it's the set, the cameras or the hosts ... or a combination of everything. It just feels so ... local.

They need to get some fresh faces in there and deliver a TON of content on social media. Their YouTube channel should be pumping out major content on a daily basis.

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
          So I ***** all the time about how weak the writers are who follow the Giants.
          When I saw the title of the article "10 Giants Making Big Impressions in Camp", my interest was piqued............until I read it, what a bunch of nothing.

The writer from the Daily News is Pat Leonard

#6 on his list is D. J. Fluker
          Here is what he writes verbatim on Fluker:

"Flukerís size and enthusiasm are commanding attention, and even though he is working as the second-string right guard, the former first-round San Diego Chargers draft pick could be the type of depth option pushing starters that the Giants didnít really have here last season. ďIím excited. I donít know about you, but Iím very excited,Ē Fluker said recently. ďBeing able to be here and play football for the New York Giants. Where else would you want to be? Ö This is where itís at. This is where I want to be. Guys that want to buy into winning. They want to win. They want to be great. You canít ask anything else.Ē

There is not a single word about performance or production or why the writer believe that Fluker is making a big impression other than a reference to his size and enthusiasm. As fans we should expect much better than this crap.
          First of all you need a link - as a mod I know you knew that.

The other thing is that there are literally thousands of sources on the internet, all looking for attention. Our president has even been fooled by some of them.

I get this guy was from the "Daily News," but I bet he has never had a story in the actual paper. The Daily News is a rag, and you can imagine what the internet section looks like.

Don't get mad, get smart and look at the source of everything you read. Just MO.

Comment

Originally posted by Yo Alb View Post
            I was just thinking about how WEAK the content the Giants put out is. Along that same token, MSG is REALLY weak with putting out good content around their teams.
            It's almost like you don't know the teams OWN those channels/outlets and you will almost never see anything negative about their team.

Comment

Originally posted by DandyDon View Post

It's almost like you don't know the teams OWN those channels/outlets and you will almost never see anything negative about their team.
              I watch NY Giants Training Camp , I would rather them follow 2 or 3 players each episode and show video from that day of camp,. All of it the good ,bad and the ugly. @ Yo Alb It is not the commentators, It is the content of the what they present . It is all scripted feel good fluff. Last year at this time it was the same thing. Changing the hosts will not change the commentary.
              Last edited by TEM; 08-06-2017, 08:01 AM.
              The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

The story line for the last week was Shepard's injury.
                Most, articles are written days ahead then printed in the press. Whether, it's informative becomes the reader opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by fifthavephil View Post
                  Whether, it's informative becomes the reader opinion.
                  That sounds like something a beat writer might say.................promising or teasing if you will (in the headline) information on Giants making "big impressions in camp" then not committing a word to that topic in the DJ Fluker section doesn't seem like an opinion, it seems self evident..........but obviously not to all.
                  No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

There is probably not enough to write about in truth........so few real practices, limited access for reporters etc..........still sucks.

There was a full article in the Post today dedicated to Flowers having "a good practice." Imagine that, a first round pick entering his third season and the writer suggested hope that he may be breaking out. smh

Next will we read an article that Flowers had "one really encouraging snap during practice?"

Comment

There is probably not enough to write about in truth........so few real practices, limited access for reporters etc..........still sucks.

There was a full article in the Post today dedicated to Flowers having "a good practice." Imagine that, a first round pick entering his third season and the writer suggested hope that he may be breaking out. smh

Next will we read an article that Flowers had "one really encouraging snap during practice?"
                      Like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of the offseason.

I'd like to make another point too. Sometimes, no news can be good news. Example, Dolphins Tannehill tears ACL in training camp, 49ers Malcom Smith suffers season-ending pectoral tear in practice, Falcons Jalen Collins suspended 10 games for PED violation, etc... all before the season starts?
                      Last edited by BigBlueAllDay; 08-06-2017, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post

Like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of the offseason.

I'd like to make another point too. Sometimes, no news can be good news. Example, Dolphins Tannehill tears ACL in training camp, 49ers Malcom Smith suffers season-ending pectoral tear in practice, Falcons Jalen Collins suspended 10 games for PED violation, etc... all before the season starts?
                        That is a good point. Part of winning is having more first line players still standing when games get serious.
                        Most here can remember those training camps when you know what happened with too much regularity.
                        I am too superstitious to actually say it but there was a 3 or 4 day stretch several years back where 4 defensive backs (due to unnamed circumstances) found their seasons over. No news in many respects is good news.

Comment

SNAP.
                          One in a row?
                          I'll look forward to him breaking his own record.

Comment

Originally posted by zimonami View Post
                            SNAP.
                            One in a row?
                            I'll look forward to him breaking his own record.
                            Yes, and the most important step on your way up the mountain is the first.
                            It seems silly but one good practice is better than no good practices.
                            Our wagon is hitched to this guy so, for better or worse, I am hoping against hope.
                            Go Blue!

Comment

Yes, and the most important step on your way up the mountain is the first.
                              It seems silly but one good practice is better than no good practices.
                              Our wagon is hitched to this guy so, for better or worse, I am hoping against hope.
                              Go Blue!
                              He's what? 23? He needs good coaching and work on his foot speed ... which is, as you know, difficult to improve. He can practice better foot work... slide steps. He was very poor at it last year. JUst keep the body in step with the speed rushers. Sometimes it looked like he just gave up on trying to keep up. But, there really is hope if he takes it seriously. His work ethic this off season gives me some hope.
                              I'd hate to give up on him when he's 25 and have him go on to be a very good lineman with another team... and, not necessarily LT.

Comment

All camp writers are like this. Basically gotta have material to justify a job. Essentially most reporting, not just sports reporting, is like this. Lotta non-stories with weak info and a bunch of opinion. Reporters are mostly bottom feeders IMO trying to justify their job existance. I'm a Cows fan and I feel the same about their reporters.

Comment

Working...
                                X