Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• August 5 Practice Notes - interesting comments about the O-Line

http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com...&thread=555252

-OT Flowers had a solid day but his over-lean and wrap-around the defenderís neck in pass protection flared up twice from what I saw. OT Hart was schooled by DE Pierre-Paul again, winding up on the ground. OG Jerry, when I had the vantage point to really zero in on him, didnít get beat at all. He is a very large man with athletic legs. He is without a doubt the starting RG over Fluker.

Originally posted by CRF11504 View Post

-OT Flowers had a solid day but his over-lean and wrap-around the defenderís neck in pass protection flared up twice from what I saw. OT Hart was schooled by DE Pierre-Paul again, winding up on the ground. OG Jerry, when I had the vantage point to really zero in on him, didnít get beat at all. He is a very large man with athletic legs. He is without a doubt the starting RG over Fluker.
    Thats nice, but it still doesn't change the fact that he's not an NFL caliber starting RG. He's there because Reese is an idiot and didn't address the OL properly in recent years
    The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post

Thats nice, but it still doesn't change the fact that he's not an NFL caliber starting RG. He's there because Reese is an idiot and didn't address the OL properly in recent years
      Starts all 16 games at RG in 2017, has a career year again. 101 career starts.

Attends LeCharles Bentley for the 3rd straight offseason.

Starts all 16 games at RG in 2018, has a career year again. 117 career starts.

Attends LeCharles Bentley for the 4th straight offseason.

Starts all 16 games at RG in 2019, has a career year again​​​​​​. 133 career starts.

1 of those 3 years he will win the SB btw.

Comment

Pugh Richburg and Jerry are not the problem. Yes, we all know Jerry sucks at run blocking. The major problem is having one of the worst starting OT combos in the league. You can't win super bowls with terrible play at both OT spots. And despite the offseason dedication by both Hart and Flowers, it will likely not be much better than last year.

Comment

I don't necessarily disagree, but I don't like calling someone an idiot unless you are going to say who you wanted to draft and how that would have worked out. It's easy to criticize, harder to do.

Comment

Originally posted by DandyDon View Post

I don't necessarily disagree, but I don't like calling someone an idiot unless you are going to say who you wanted to draft and how that would have worked out. It's easy to criticize, harder to do.
            When the Giants start paying me several million dollars a year to make those decisions, I'll make those decisions. Until then, I'll continue to criticize until I feel that its not warranted. When you ignore the trenches, I'm going to have a problem with it.
            The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

When the Giants start paying me several million dollars a year to make those decisions, I'll make those decisions. Until then, I'll continue to criticize until I feel that its not warranted. When you ignore the trenches, I'm going to have a problem with it.
              who cares? there is a reason they aren't paying you,,,I think the giants are much smarter than you when it comes to the team.

Comment

I was there all day today and I have to say that I saw some very different things than what is stated here in this write up

First .... I don't think this guy understands what "Thud" is ... and that this is what is going on at padded practices

Seceond ... he has very fan like observations ... seems impressed by the flashy shiny things and tends to not understand the inner workings of the trenches and how those areas work in a "Thud" atmosphere

thats all I'll say about that

... but I do agree with him in a few obvious areas
                Last edited by YATittle1962; 08-06-2017, 12:43 AM.

Comment

Well, again I agree in principle about the value of the trenches. ¬*But if you are going to call someone an idiot, you ought to at least have the balls to say what you would have done differently.

Comment

Originally posted by CRF11504 View Post

- OG Jerry, when I had the vantage point to really zero in on him, didnít get beat at all. He is a very large man with athletic legs. He is without a doubt the starting RG over Fluker.
                    agenda *****
                    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
                      I was there all day today and I have to say that I saw some very different things than what is stated here in this write up

First .... I don't think this guy understands what "Thud" is ... and that this is what is going on at padded practices

Seceond ... he has very fan like observations ... seems impressed by the flashy shiny things and tends to not understand the inner workings of the trenches and how those areas work in a "Thud" atmosphere

thats all I'll say about that

... but I do agree with him in a few obvious areas
                      To be fair, full go or thud is all the same on the LOS

Comment

I don't care what is observed a practice. Until a live game, it is all up in the air. If the observation is good show some video. we will have an idea on Friday. I have my fingers crossed
                        The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

I feel like we are going to have another season where the OL really cripples our offensive capabilities. You can draft all the Odell Beckhams andEvan Engrams you want, with a weak OL, they are practically useless. The defense will have to play lights out this year again to bail out the O. And if that is the case, the D will eventually wear down from the TOP.
                          Sad Sad Sad

Comment

Originally posted by EliIsTheBaas View Post

To be fair, full go or thud is all the same on the LOS
                            not true at all

not one player is giving a full go ... and they are instructed as such

Comment

Originally posted by DandyDon View Post

Well, again I agree in principle about the value of the trenches. ¬*But if you are going to call someone an idiot, you ought to at least have the balls to say what you would have done differently.
                              I wouldn't have ignored the OL when it was becoming obvious that guys like Snee, Diehl, and McKenzie were near the end of their careers. He waited until they were on their last legs before attempting to draft/sign their replacements, which was the dumbest possible way to do it.

Is that ballsy enough for you? He's an idiot, and he's too passive in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                              X