August 5 Practice Notes - interesting comments about the O-Line

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JameyC View Post

who cares? there is a reason they aren't paying you,,,I think the giants are much smarter than you when it comes to the team.
    Cool story bro. It doesn't matter to me if someone dislikes my opinions, so you're barking up the wrong tree.
    The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

I think the oline is going to be much better this year. The guys are a year older, more experienced, stronger and in better shape to run our scheme.

Comment

just wondering why Eric Flowers didn't attend LeCharles Bentleys camp..

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post
          I think the oline is going to be much better this year. The guys are a year older, more experienced, stronger and in better shape to run our scheme.
          If dog **** gets a year older and more experience laying on the dirt, is it better?

I'll have to see dramatic improvements IN THE PRESEASON. They need to show to be a formidable bunch unlike they did at all last year.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

If dog **** gets a year older and more experience laying on the dirt, is it better?

I'll have to see dramatic improvements IN THE PRESEASON. They need to show to be a formidable bunch unlike they did at all last year.
            Hahaha c'mon bro.. we need these guys on the oline to excel because a Superbowl is within reach. Im hoping that they take the next step to improvement this year.

Comment

I hope there is some improvement especially at running the ball. If the Giants have a consistency in that area for the LOS it will give Flowers some breathing room. If the Giants cant run the ball very well Flowers is gonna struggle in pass protection. The DE's will tee off on him. THe Giants need to stay 3rd and short
              and have options whereby the D can't predict.
              sigpic

LT - Carson - Kelley - Van Pelt

Comment

Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post

I wouldn't have ignored the OL when it was becoming obvious that guys like Snee, Diehl, and McKenzie were near the end of their careers. He waited until they were on their last legs before attempting to draft/sign their replacements, which was the dumbest possible way to do it.

Is that ballsy enough for you? He's an idiot, and he's too passive in my opinion.
                Certainly was late to it, but got around to it through the draft. The main issue to me was not finding a capable LT after Beatty. I mean...Beatty was 10 times better than Flowers at LT, and he was average in pass pro for my eyes.

Thinking that Flowers can succeed at all at LT is just madness to me. One can piss on Flowers, but he has always played out of position. If there was any comfort to this, it would be that Ellison would automatically be chip blocking on the left side before hitting some shallow route, and this was the most serious thought for paying him as much as he was paid.
                Football is a team game. Football is a team game. Football is a team game. Football is a team game. Football is a team game.

Comment

Hahaha c'mon bro.. we need these guys on the oline to excel because a Superbowl is within reach. Im hoping that they take the next step to improvement this year.
                  Absolutely agree. But nothing they have done is giving me anything but hope that they improve for this season compared to last year's **** show. We can sugar coat it all we want, it's the same group that was awful last year. Let's hope to see them play much better as a unit this preseason.

Comment

Our first game against Dallas and their bad DL. If they were to cause pressure, I would be greatly concerned. I hope our young tackles round into form this offseason. They have good DL to test them. Hopefully, they learn from their mistakes....
                    Last edited by Gee718; 08-06-2017, 12:28 PM.
                    Long Live the King

Comment

Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post

I wouldn't have ignored the OL when it was becoming obvious that guys like Snee, Diehl, and McKenzie were near the end of their careers. He waited until they were on their last legs before attempting to draft/sign their replacements, which was the dumbest possible way to do it.

Is that ballsy enough for you? He's an idiot, and he's too passive in my opinion.
                      I wouldn't say a guy that drafted JPP, Linvel, Beckham and Collins is an idiot. Prince and Wilson were also good picks IMO, it was injuries that shortened their careers. But he did neglect the oline too long. It started to disintegrate in 2010 and he didn't use a high draft pick on the oline until he drafted Pugh to be a tackle in 2013 and then someone made the mistake (IMO) of moving him to guard after two years and replacing him with Newhouse. Bringing in Richburg, Flowers, some aging free agents and some low rounds picks in the last few years was too little too late.
                      In his defense though, if Beatty had stayed healthy for a few more years and the coaches had left Pugh at RT we might not be having this conversation right now.

Diehl l(2003-2013, Ohara (2004 2010), Seubert (2001-2010), McKenzie(2005-2012), Snee (2004-2013).
                      In 2010 our first three dratf picks were JPP, Linvel Joseph and Chad Jones.
                      In 2011 our first three dratf picks were Prince, Marvin Austin and Jerrell Jerigan
                      In 2012 our first three dratf picks were David Wilson, Randle and Jayron Hosley
                      In 2013 our first three dratf picks were Pugh, Hankins, Damontre Moore
                      In 2014 our first three dratf picks were Beckham, Richburg and Bromley
                      In 2015 our first three dratf picks were Flowers, Collins and Odighizuwa

Comment

Originally posted by Gee718 View Post

Our first game against Dallas and their bad DL. If they were to cause pressure, I would be greatly concerned. I hope our young tackles round into form this offseason. They have good DL to test them. Hopefully, they learn from their mistakes....
                        Agreed, I also think that Ellison's addition is going to immensely help the Oline. Our lack of a blocking TE is probably the reason why we had all those predictable inside runs.

Having a blocking TE will allow us to run behind Flowers and Hart instead of John Jerry. At least it won't be as predictable and will help us take advantage of Flower's run blocking strength. This should help take pressure off of his pass blocking.

Comment

Originally posted by CRF11504 View Post
                          http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com...&thread=555252

-OT Flowers had a solid day but his over-lean and wrap-around the defender’s neck in pass protection flared up twice from what I saw. OT Hart was schooled by DE Pierre-Paul again, winding up on the ground. OG Jerry, when I had the vantage point to really zero in on him, didn’t get beat at all. He is a very large man with athletic legs. He is without a doubt the starting RG over Fluker.
                          Were you at the practice?
                          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post

Always consider the source.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post

Pretty sure we all know the answer to that ....

Comment

Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post

Always consider the source.
                                Hence the question...If it's part of the article it needs to be properly attributed
                                “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Working...
                                X