No announcement yet.

August 5 Practice Notes - interesting comments about the O-Line

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top 10 Left Tackles in the NFL (in NO order)

Tyron Smith
    Trent Williams
    David Bahktiari
    Andrew Whitworth
    Jason Peters
    Joe Thomas
    Duane Brown
    Joe Staley
    Donald Penn
    Taylor Lewan

0 rings combined

This stupid Left Tackle myth needs to go away. The pocket integrity up the middle is the most important thing for a QB.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantterp View Post
      The point is you just can find great LT when you want
      Well that's not really true..

But at this point I would settle for average LT.

Isn't it incredible how much we all took will Beatty for granted? He was a competent left tackle that everyone complained was way overpaid.

They used a top ten pick to replace that average player...and it really backfired.

Beatty got hurt and it turned into a moot point but WOW what I would give for a decent LT....
      Why the Giants will win the SuperBowl!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QPvmhCcsnY&t=1s

Interview With Darian Thompson: https://youtu.be/vvqLbM6emGE

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSW...BrHBI_v2XKQb5A

Comment

Originally posted by giants8493 View Post

Well that's not really true..

But at this point I would settle for average LT.

Isn't it incredible how much we all took will Beatty for granted? He was a competent left tackle that everyone complained was way overpaid.

They used a top ten pick to replace that average player...and it really backfired.

Beatty got hurt and it turned into a moot point but WOW what I would give for a decent LT....

Beatty was healthy all of last year and the coaches never wanted him to be on the field playing. he's healthy now, but notice no NFL team is interested. Because he sucks.

Beatty was routinely bull-rushed inside. Flowers does not get bull-rushed inside. That's why they drafted Flowers to replace Beatty.

I'd much much rather have Flowers than Beatty.

Comment

Originally posted by CRF11504 View Post

Beatty was healthy all of last year and the coaches never wanted him to be on the field playing. he's healthy now, but notice no NFL team is interested. Because he sucks.

Beatty was routinely bull-rushed inside. Flowers does not get bull-rushed inside. That's why they drafted Flowers to replace Beatty.

I'd much much rather have Flowers than Beatty.
          Flowers at this point was nowhere near as good as Beatty. He is older and had the injuries and that is why nobody wants him. In his prime, Beatty was an above average LT. Flowers has not even been slightly below average. He has been awful.

Comment

Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post

Use your brain a bit here. Typically top LTs go to really bad teams. So its pretty tough to get there right away. Are you saying its Tyron Smiths fault the Cowboys stink in the playoffs? Or Trent Williams on the Patriots would hinder them?
            Well...How about "using your brain" here. The NFL has a salary cap. That's part of the issue. It would surely impact other aspects of the team. Also, NE is an unusual as they have a Top QB that does not demand a top salary.

Comment

Flowers at this point was nowhere near as good as Beatty. He is older and had the injuries and that is why nobody wants him. In his prime, Beatty was an above average LT. Flowers has not even been slightly below average. He has been awful.

Once again - Beatty was 100% healthy in 2016 and the Giants coaches NEVER EVER considered playing him.

Beatty is 100% healthy now and 0 NFL teams are interested.

Comment

Once again - Beatty was 100% healthy in 2016 and the Giants coaches NEVER EVER considered playing him.

I don't think he's saying Beatty should play now (at least I hope not). I think the point is Beatty took a lot of heat here when he was starting and he really was pretty good--especially compared to Flowers current play.

Comment

I don't think he's saying Beatty should play now (at least I hope not). I think the point is Beatty took a lot of heat here when he was starting and he really was pretty good--especially compared to Flowers current play.

Actually, Beatty's 2013 season was worse than either of Flowers' seasons.

2013 Will Beatty was the worst LT in football

Comment

No, I am not saying Beatty at this point should play. He is done most likely. What I said is Beatty in his prime is way way better than Flowers has been so far.

Comment

Actually, Beatty's 2013 season was worse than either of Flowers' seasons.

2013 Will Beatty was the worst LT in football
                      Flowers has been the worst the past 2 years

Comment

He is over 30. The majority of players that are over 30 and have had recent injuries do not have any interest to teams.

Comment

Well...How about "using your brain" here. The NFL has a salary cap. That's part of the issue. It would surely impact other aspects of the team. Also, NE is an unusual as they have a Top QB that does not demand a top salary.
                          Not sure you get what I am saying. He is saying LTs are an overrated position. I wholeheartedly disagree. Tyron Smith is not the reason Dallas has done zip in the playoffs. Trent Williams is not the reason the Skins are average at best as a team. Take either of those guys and put them on really good teams. Those teams will improve. What he is saying has zero to do with salary cap implications.

Comment

Not sure you get what I am saying. He is saying LTs are an overrated position. I wholeheartedly disagree. Tyron Smith is not the reason Dallas has done zip in the playoffs. Trent Williams is not the reason the Skins are average at best as a team. Take either of those guys and put them on really good teams. Those teams will improve. What he is saying has zero to do with salary cap implications.

When people say LT is the 2nd or 3rd most important position after QB, they are overrating the LT position.

Comment

When people say LT is the 2nd or 3rd most important position after QB, they are overrating the LT position.
                              The 3 most important positions in this NFL are QB, LT and a pass rushing DE. CB and playmakers follow that.

Comment

Why try to reason with the OP? He is a troll. Not worth debating with him .
                                The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

Working...
                                X