This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ashleymarie View Post

We will always NEED a running game. What is wrong with you?
    Coach Coughlin was old school, run run run the ball, and he was very competent at it, until the game changed. Poor guy tried. Mcadoo is on the cusp of a breakout year. This season could be the best we have seen in a while.

Coach Mac appears to be aware that he has a throwing qb and a receiver that can catch with one hand when the running game isn't working. There is no shame in taking advantage of of this.
    Did I misinterpret this posts?

If I did what was your point?
    Last edited by TEM; 08-06-2017, 06:58 PM.
    The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post

Did I misinterpret this posts?

If I did what was your point?
      You will have to be clearer on what you are asking. I have never knocked our running game when its working. I was a huge fan of Dwarka last season until he was injured.

Comment

You will have to be clearer on what you are asking. I have never knocked our running game when its working. I was a huge fan of Dwarka last season until he was injured.
        No matter how bad the running game is. You stick with it. Until it starts to work. They had spurts but never got any any traction with it. Even if it is not up to par. Never ever abandon the run game. It keep the Defense honest. If you were suggesting to get away from it . Bad idea.

Coach Mac appears to be aware that he has a throwing qb and a receiver that can catch with one hand when the running game isn't working. There is no shame in taking advantage of of this.
        Never ever abandon the run game. It keeps the Defense honest. There is no advantage to be gained without a running game. I don't care how good your receivers are. All the 3 and outs were a testament to that.

Coach Coughlin was old school, run run run the ball, and he was very competent at it, until the game changed. Poor guy tried. Mcadoo is on the cusp of a breakout year. This season could be the best we have seen in a while.
        The game has not changed. When the running game works it opens up the Offense. To suggest run run run the ball is old school .It is not. If you can run the ball you run it down their throat until they stop it.

Last edited by TEM; 08-06-2017, 07:22 PM.
        The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

No matter how bad the running game is. You stick with it. Until it starts to work. They had spurts but never got any any traction with the. Even if it is not up to par. Never ever abandon the run game. It keep the Defense honest. If you were suggesting to get away from it . Bad idea.

Never ever abandon the run game. It keeps the Defense honest. There is no advantage to be gained without a running game. I don't care how good your receivers are. All the 3 and outs were a testament to that.

The game has not changed. When the running game works it opens up the Offense. To suggest run run run the ball is old school .It is not. If you can run the ball you run it down their throat until they stop it.

Blah, Blah, and Yada, Good night.

Comment

Blah, Blah, and Yada, Good night.
            Love the reply

Comment

I totally agree. However this myth that TC was still old school is just not true. Was he old school in 2011?? What about when Odell came to town?? You definitely need to run the ball if you want to get to the Super Bowl and the numbers don't lie either.

Comment

Originally posted by jay051 View Post

I totally agree. However this myth that TC was still old school is just not true. Was he old school in 2011?? What about when Odell came to town?? You definitely need to run the ball if you want to get to the Super Bowl and the numbers don't lie either.
                It is football 101

Comment

2017 11+ Wins
                  2018 11+ Wins
                  2019 11+ Wins

One day ull see the light.

Comment

Originally posted by CRF11504 View Post
                    2017 11+ Wins
                    2018 11+ Wins
                    2019 11+ Wins

One day ull see the light.
                    If that happens, then maybe the comparison could be appropriate.

To compare McAdoo to TC after one season as a HC is absolutely asinine.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

Yeah, the game passed Coughlin by. Running the ball no longer became important.

Oh, by the way, how did the offense do last year with no running game?
                      touche'

Comment

Originally posted by CRF11504 View Post
                        Coughlin
                        2009 8-8
                        2010 10-6
                        2011 9-7
                        2012 9-7
                        2013 7-9
                        2014 6-10
                        2015 6-10

McAdoo
                        2016 11-5

Men lie, women lie,.....

​​​​
                        ​​​​
                        Of course you start from that year. How about bringing up the years before then. Putting Ben in the same sentence as Tom is disrespectful to Tom. You make Tom sound like Ray Handley.
                        sigpic

Comment

I agree 100%. For the record, I have never been a fan of Tom. I do respect him.
                          sigpic

Comment

Ben took over a decent team that he had been a part of and knew well with a veteran qb. Tom took over a team in shambles with a rookie qb. I love Mcadoo, but call me when he wins the superbowl. Then we can compare.
                            ELI + TE = ELITE

Comment

+100

Comment

Originally posted by SG88 View Post

Of course you start from that year. How about bringing up the years before then. Putting Ben in the same sentence as Tom is disrespectful to Tom. You make Tom sound like Ray Handley.
                                He hand picked what fit his narrative. He uses no logic with his gibberish. To try reason with him is rowing against the current.

Comment

Working...
                                X