Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants’ Evan Engram stops ‘thinking too much’ and dominates

http://nypost.com/2017/08/05/giants-...and-dominates/

Excerpt: "Giants coach Ben McAdoo advised Evan Engram to stop thinking, and as soon as he did, the rookie started excelling. The first-round pick had the best practice of his budding career Saturday, playing quicker and with more confidence.

That it came on the first day of green zone work was no coincidence. Both Engram and McAdoo agree the 6-foot-3, 240-pound tight end is going to be a weapon near the end zone, after he caught eight touchdowns as an Ole Miss senior.

“I saw a young player who’s learning how to play the game the way we want it played down in the green zone,” McAdoo said. “He’s a target down there, we all see that. We all see the skillset.

“The challenge for a guy like him is … he can think too much. You [can] think too much playing that position. I asked him to go out there and play with speed and we’ll detail it as we go and don’t look back. And he made some productive plays down there.”

Plays like a great diving touchdown catch on a Eli Manning fade in the corner of the endzone early in 7-on-7s.

“[McAdoo] was telling me to play fast. Once I’m more comfortable, learn and have everything down. That’s what happens when you get more comfortable in the playbook, you play fast,’’ Engram said. “So he’s just pushing me to play faster and I had that in my mindset, for sure." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I think this kid has big potential to really help the Giant's this year
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Adding him & Marshall and subtracting Cruz & Donnell is going to be huge for us
      Football has been very, very good to us.
      After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
      But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
      2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
      3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
      4-New York Giants!!!
      5-NE
      Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/inde...njoku_hol.html

Comment

Working...
        X