Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which NYG Players Are You Most Interested In Watching Play On Friday?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kickers
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CRF11504 View Post

85 + 48 = 133 career regular season starts
      So you ARE acknowledging that he's the best athlete regardless of sport??? Man, good thing we have him
      Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Originally posted by CGYgiant View Post

Yeah well Tomlinson doesn't at all look or play like a 1 gap penetrator. If anything, his game closely mimics Hankins regardless of one being top heavy or not.

Tomlinson *can* collapse the pocket but he is by no means closer to a 1 gap penetrating DT than Hankins. I think our FO
        s man ask of the DT's is to put teams in third and long situations rather than get tons of interior pressure. There were guys in the second round that were much better interior rushers that we could have drafted

His game is nothing like Hankins. Hankins = top-heavy. Tomlinson = low to the ground. Hankins is a 0-technique in a 3-4 defense (his role with the Colts). That is not what Tomlinson is.

Tomlinson can transition-rush. Hankins gave you zero transition-rush.

Show me ONE time Hankins jolted a guard straight back with power. Hint: You can't.

When Tomlinson was drafted, even Jerry Reese said, "This guy and Hankins are different kind of players"

Tomlinson is a mini-Snacks. Both are built low to the ground, win with leverage, lack pass-rush moves but can compress the pocket with power. McAdoo wants 2 Snacks type DTs inside.

Tomlinson/Snacks = run-stuff + transition-rush + pocket pushing power
        Last edited by CRF11504; 08-10-2017, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Yeah well Tomlinson doesn't at all look or play like a 1 gap penetrator. If anything, his game closely mimics Hankins regardless of one being top heavy or not.

Tomlinson *can* collapse the pocket but he is by no means closer to a 1 gap penetrating DT than Hankins. I think our FO
          s man ask of the DT's is to put teams in third and long situations rather than get tons of interior pressure. There were guys in the second round that were much better interior rushers that we could have drafted

Well, McAdoo wants his 2 starting DTs to stay in front of the QB and just get a push.

He also wants his 2 starting DTs to be able to transition-rush. Both Snacks/Tomlinson can transition-rush.

Hankins was a zero in the transition-rush department.

Comment

His game is nothing like Hankins. Hankins = top-heavy. Tomlinson = low to the ground. Hankins is a 0-technique in a 3-4 defense (his role with the Colts). That is not what Tomlinson is.

Tomlinson can transition-rush. Hankins gave you zero transition-rush.

Show me ONE time Hankins jolted a guard straight back with power. Hint: You can't.

When Tomlinson was drafted, even Jerry Reese said, "This guy and Hankins are different kind of players"

Tomlinson is a mini-Snacks. Both are built low to the ground, win with leverage, lack pass-rush moves but can compress the pocket with power. McAdoo wants 2 Snacks type DTs inside.

Tomlinson/Snacks = run-stuff + transition-rush + pocket pushing power
            Thats cool.

Tomlinson doesn't have the athleticism or burst to play an effective 3-tech. Regardless of the one of them being "top-heavy" or the other being "low to the ground" whatever that means.

Also. What exactly is a transition rush? Does Tomlinson play basketball in the summer?

You're saying Hankins has never jolted a guy back with power in his time in the NFL? if I find you a clip, or two, or three will you stop spreading BS around here?

Tomlinson is not mini snacks. Their games dont resemble each others at the slightest. Simply watching what Tomlinson was asked to do at Alabama to what Snacks is asked to do in our defense will show you.

Comment

Well, McAdoo wants his 2 starting DTs to stay in front of the QB and just get a push.

He also wants his 2 starting DTs to be able to transition-rush. Both Snacks/Tomlinson can transition-rush.

Hankins was a zero in the transition-rush department.
              I have no idea what you are talking about. I think ill leave it at that.

Comment

Originally posted by Gee718 View Post

Preseason, it's hard to judge play calling because they tend to experiement more and they don't want to show their full game plan. Expect a paired down play book. Just meat and potatos

I don't want to see a pre-season of 3 and outs. I would like to see some Offensive life even if it is Meat and Potatoes.
                The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

I have no idea what you are talking about. I think ill leave it at that.

McAdoo has raved NUMEROUS times about Tomlinson's ability to transition-rush.

Have you not been paying attention?

Transition-rush = When offenses run play-action on 1st/2nd down, the DT has to convert run-stuff into pass-rush

Snacks' sack on Kirk Cousins in Week 17 = beats Scherff on transition rush (Cousins ran play-action)

That's what Tomlinson and Snacks can both do: Transition-rush
                  Last edited by CRF11504; 08-10-2017, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Thats cool.

Tomlinson doesn't have the athleticism or burst to play an effective 3-tech. Regardless of the one of them being "top-heavy" or the other being "low to the ground" whatever that means.

Also. What exactly is a transition rush? Does Tomlinson play basketball in the summer?

You're saying Hankins has never jolted a guy back with power in his time in the NFL? if I find you a clip, or two, or three will you stop spreading BS around here?

Tomlinson is not mini snacks. Their games dont resemble each others at the slightest. Simply watching what Tomlinson was asked to do at Alabama to what Snacks is asked to do in our defense will show you.

Tomlinson is exactly mini-Snacks. That's literally what he is. A poor man's Snacks.

Tomlinson was drafted to be this team's 3-tech, so I have no clue what you're talking about. Tomlinson is the Giants 3-tech of the future. Fact.

You don't know what a transition-rush is, so why am I even wasting my time with you? Football 101.

Comment

McAdoo has raved NUMEROUS times about Tomlinson's ability to transition-rush.

Have you not been paying attention?

Transition-rush = When offenses run play-action on 1st/2nd down, the DT has to convert run-stuff into pass-rush

Snacks' sack on Kirk Cousins in Week 17 = beats Scherff on transition rush (Cousins ran play-action)

That's what Tomlinson and Snacks can both do: Transition-rush
                      Wow. You think people either have your definition of "Transition rush" as a skill or not at the pro level? is this grade school football where some DT's wont be able to both occupy their run lanes while rushing the passer?

Or are you insinuating that Hankins never did this? haha, too much. You're clueless man. Having "transition rush" skills in the NFL is not something that is optional, you know, if that was actually a term that scouts generally used (its not, considering all DT's in the league should be able to execute it)

Im paying attention, you invent things and pretend their real. Just like most of things you say around here

Comment

Tomlinson is exactly mini-Snacks. That's literally what he is. A poor man's Snacks.

Tomlinson was drafted to be this team's 3-tech, so I have no clue what you're talking about. Tomlinson is the Giants 3-tech of the future. Fact.

You don't know what a transition-rush is, so why am I even wasting my time with you? Football 101.
                        Tomlinson is not snacks nor will he ever have his ability. Snacks is Snacks.

Tomlinson wont be playing just 3 tech, he will line up as a 1 tech as well and i could see them using him at 5 in certain situations. They will use him exactly as they used Hankins, considering they were similar players and that the Giants really wanted to retain him.

Football 101, yep, you should actually learn that.

PS have you ever found that RT for our team? you know, the one in you learned about in your football 101 class. Legend has it he had to weight between 330-331.5 LBS with 39.53" arms.

let me know

Comment

I'm actually interested to see what Geno Smith brings to the table. He may benefit from the change in coaching staff and teammates. If they can get him to be what he was in his best moments with the Jets, he'll make a solid backup in the event that the unthinkable happens.
                          sigpic Verbally I'm untouchable like Eliot Ness.

Comment

I'm interested in seeing the rookies play, especially Engram.
                            One of these teams is not like the others

sigpic

Comment

I want to see if Flowers shows any improvement and strangely I want to see what Gallman can do.

Comment

I'm rooting heavily for my boy Shane Smith the future NYG fullback. He is literally gonna blow people up in the running game. Literally he is like the incredible Hulk.

Comment

Working...
                                X