High expectations this year

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High expectations this year

Whats up Giants fans, I have been a fan of the Giants for 24 years, I'm only 33 but I have gone through ups and downs over the years. I have been keeping a close eye on this years squad and I know I'm going to sound like a homer for this but this might be the most talented team I have ever seen in Giants uniform, on the defensive and offensive side of the ball,maybe not defensive but on offense. I feel like we are the most balanced team and most talented team in our division and I feel we should win our division. I think we are capable of having a top 10 offense and a top 10 defense. If the Giants can achieve those rankings, I feel that we could be super bowl bound, not to sound like a Cowboys fan but I feel our team really has what it takes if we remain healthy. Thanks for reading, follow me on Twitter @NYGManJoe and my YouTube channel NYG Joe

Need a run game big time.
    Eli needs to be on top of his game.
    Stay healthy.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

health for sure is the key.

im excited to see both sides of the ball play this season. the team as a whole is probably the most talented ive ever seen but they have a ways to go to reach the 86 defense. if Eli plays to standard the offense could also have a stellar season. Go Giants!
      sigpic

Comment

For the first time in 5 years I actually think we are the best team in our division. We have the potential to be very balanced. I'm much older than you so growing up from the 50's to the early 60's was the most balanced Giant teams I believe in our history. So many HOF played on those teams on both units.

But this years potential is so great I have to fight myself not to get too excited. I honestly feel our defense is going to be so much more than a top 10 defense. Our defense has the potential to be a monster. If our offense can reach the top 10 like it was the 2 previous seasons before last year this does have the possibility to be the best Giant team in history.

I am so worried about the O line torpedoing the whole damn thing. Very tough schedule for NFC East so probably no wild card team coming out of our division. 10-6 could win this division, 11-5 almost guaranteed to win division. Gonna be tough to reach this season.

Comment

Great thread OP. Would like to see you post more! (Have you ever pm me before by any chance?)...agree with everything and, we are the same age as well go figure...same name too lol.

Comment

Know whats even more fun than having high expectations?

Having NO expectations. Takes 100% of the pressure off when watching the games, making them far more fun to watch, but....whatever floats your boat, right?
            The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

Originally posted by gumby74 View Post
              I love optimists. Balances me out.
              LOL
              The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

Originally posted by gumby74 View Post
                Balances me out.

I use Beer.

"Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                "No...I didn't."
                "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post
                  Know whats even more fun than having high expectations?

Having NO expectations. Takes 100% of the pressure off when watching the games, making them far more fun to watch, but....whatever floats your boat, right?
                  I have never watched a Giants game with no pressure.....
                  You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Well, Let's get in the playoffs first, then worry about the Super Bowl.

Here are the "uncommon opponents" among the NFC East teams
                    which is always interesting to look at.

DAL - VS Green Bay, @ Atlanta
                    NY - VS Detroit, @ Tampa Bay
                    PHI - VS Chi , @ Carolina
                    WASH - VS Minn, @ New Orleans

The team from Texas certainly has the worst of these matchups which helps our cause.
                    Two games are HUGE in this division.
                    The Redskins may be getting the 2nd toughest matchups here instead of us.

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post

I have never watched a Giants game with no pressure.....
                      Then you're doing it wrong LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post

Then you're doing it wrong LOL
                        I am much better than I used to be but always want/expect them to win. IN varying degress of that of course.

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post

I am much better than I used to be but always want/expect them to win. IN varying degress of that of course.
                          I hear you, I used to get nuts over the games too. I always want them to win, I just dont expect them to win. If the passing years have taught me just one thing, that one thing would be perspective. Its just a game, and screaming and yelling wont change a thing.

I get that its not for everyone to see it that way, but thats how I see it.

Comment

I expect a 14-2 season. This reminds me of the 1986 gmen as far as talent is concerned on both sides of the ball and macadoo gives me a young parcells vibe.. He won his first game by a score of 20-19 and that's a reference to Parcells and 1990.

Comment

Working...
                            X