Our corners outside of the big 3.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our corners outside of the big 3.

I couldn't be higher on our secondary in general. It was great last year, and it should only be better this season with everyone having played together for a year. Cro isn't getting any younger, but he should still be very good this season.

What concerns me is depth. I know you can say this about any team, but corner in particular looks incredibly thin after the big three. If nobody ever gets hurt then it's not a huge problem, but that is an unrealistic expectation.

What are your thoughts on the corners outside of the top three? Is there anyone you think is flying under the radar who might actually be decent?

Michael Hunter is making strides as well. he may very well be the depth we need at that position.
    sigpic

Comment

True, but its not that bad a problem to have. I doubt many teams have starting quality CB that far down the depth chart. I'm worried more about second string center or pretty much any Oline position.

Comment

I'm more concerned about our OLine than CB ...but I hear ya!!

Comment

With Wade out of the picture, I'm good with our CB depth.

LB and Oline, that's a different story.

Comment

To be fair, once DRC went out last year during playoffs our D took a hit. I cant see us surviving if 1 of the three go down.

Comment

Originally posted by BossManBavaro View Post
              True, but its not that bad a problem to have. I doubt many teams have starting quality CB that far down the depth chart. I'm worried more about second string center or pretty much any Oline position.
              Brett Jones can play center. The position of the Oline that is least worrisome depth wise IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by joeycush View Post
                To be fair, once DRC went out last year during playoffs our D took a hit. I cant see us surviving if 1 of the three go down.
                if they cant over come one player then they have serious issues. The deal with DRC is that it happened in the playoffs. I think if DRC goes down mid season for example then they could readjust.
                With that said staying healthy is the most important factor for any team
                "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

I am not confident at all about the big 3s ability to stay healthy. The number 4 cb will play a CRUCIAL role
                  Why the Giants will win the SuperBowl!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QPvmhCcsnY&t=1s

Interview With Darian Thompson: https://youtu.be/vvqLbM6emGE

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSW...BrHBI_v2XKQb5A

Comment

Originally posted by joeycush View Post
                    When DRC went down it was a killer because we had NO pass rush. If we can put more pressure on QB's this year secondary depth wont be as much of a concern. I'm confident Devin Taylor is going to have one of his best years sack-wise, and also allow JPP and OV to carry less of the load.

Comment

I'm fine with our depth. I like Deayon a lot and Michael Hunter has been getting high praise from just about everyone. I think we need to be looking into drafting a guy in the next draft but for this season I amp perfectly content.

Comment

Hunter has looked very good and has the measureables to be a good player. Deayon I think can be a good cover guy but god forbid he ever has to tackle someone. Not sure if he is big enough to stick in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by GoDeep80 View Post
                          I'm fine with our depth. I like Deayon a lot and Michael Hunter has been getting high praise from just about everyone. I think we need to be looking into drafting a guy in the next draft but for this season I amp perfectly content.
                          Yeah but werent they on the team last year?

Were you happy with the depth from last season?
                          Why the Giants will win the SuperBowl!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QPvmhCcsnY&t=1s

Interview With Darian Thompson: https://youtu.be/vvqLbM6emGE

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSW...BrHBI_v2XKQb5A

Comment

Originally posted by giants8493 View Post

Neither were on the 53. Both were young guys that needed some seasoning and they got that. Last year we had Hall and Wade as the backups and neither were really my cup of tee as backups. Hall was too slow and Wade was the whipping boy whenever he was on the field. I like the talent of these young guys much better.

Comment

Originally posted by giants8493 View Post

depth wasn't good but you can say that about any team in the NFL. GB had backup DB the entire playoffs and were getting burnt. Our WR were killing them the first half, Dallas was moving the ball at will and ATL. destroyed that secondary too.

I had an issue with how the defense played without DRC. It's like they all forgot how to play. But not having JPP that game hurt just as much. OV got manhandled. He is nothing without JPP on the other side.

Comment

Working...
                              X