Our corners outside of the big 3.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by giants8493 View Post
    I am not confident at all about the big 3s ability to stay healthy. The number 4 cb will play a CRUCIAL role
    This is an NFL wide problem. Very few teams have any CB depth and most CB's have trouble staying healthy. If so, the entire defensive philosophy will change.

Comment

Originally posted by GoDeep80 View Post

Neither were on the 53. Both were young guys that needed some seasoning and they got that. Last year we had Hall and Wade as the backups and neither were really my cup of tee as backups. Hall was too slow and Wade was the whipping boy whenever he was on the field. I like the talent of these young guys much better.
      Ok I confused Wade And DD for a minute..

But if Wade was burnt toast and DD beat him out for a spot last year... I am not necessarily convinced YET that the CB depth will improve.

But thats what the preseason is for I suppose

I still would feel more comfortable if they brought in another vet.
      Why the Giants will win the SuperBowl!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QPvmhCcsnY&t=1s

Interview With Darian Thompson: https://youtu.be/vvqLbM6emGE

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSW...BrHBI_v2XKQb5A

Comment

Originally posted by Giantterp View Post

This is an NFL wide problem. Very few teams have any CB depth and most CB's have trouble staying healthy. If so, the entire defensive philosophy will change.
        I supose thats true..

If we look at it as the Giants top 4 CBs vs any other teams top 4 the Giants will stack up well because of how good JJ Apple and DRC are.

I just feel like after those three there is a significant drop off in talent after that.

Comment

Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post
          depth wasn't good but you can say that about any team in the NFL. GB had backup DB the entire playoffs and were getting burnt. Our WR were killing them the first half, Dallas was moving the ball at will and ATL. destroyed that secondary too.

I had an issue with how the defense played without DRC. It's like they all forgot how to play. But not having JPP that game hurt just as much. OV got manhandled. He is nothing without JPP on the other side.
          Well IDK about that. JPP wasn't exacly a game breaker the first time they played so I doubt he would have been that much more effective in the playoffs.

Comment

. He is nothing without JPP on the other side.
            incorrect
            "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
            You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

A good tackle doesn't need help shutting down OV. JPP commands double teams every game.

OV was so bad vs GB he should've given his game check back to the Giants.

Comment

A good tackle doesn't need help shutting down OV. JPP commands double teams every game.

OV was so bad vs GB he should've given his game check back to the Giants.
                god forbid a bad game...
                OV is a very good player and he is on the field for every game. JPP, while he may a better player ( and thats debatable), misses many games. Also JPP does not command double teams on every play. I dig JPP but I also think OV is pretty much an equal player overall.
                You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post

I dig JPP but I also think OV is pretty much an equal player overall.
                  incorrect.

Comment

incorrect.
                    their career stats are very close and OV has missed zero games.....

You have your opinion and thats fine. But from view they are pretty equal players.

Comment

their career stats are very close and OV has missed zero games.....

You have your opinion and thats fine. But from view they are pretty equal players.
                      JPP is the better player. He can do things OV will never be able to do.

but OV is consistent and doesn't really do anything badly which makes him really really good. He is about as steady as it gets for a pass rusher in the NFL.

But there is nothing truly spectacular about OV.

Comment

Originally posted by TE88 View Post

JPP is the better player. He can do things OV will never be able to do.

but OV is consistent and doesn't really do anything badly which makes him really really good. He is about as steady as it gets for a pass rusher in the NFL.

But there is nothing truly spectacular about OV.
                        ranked 4th of the DEs and 8th of all DLs last season for overall play

not bad at all and more then "nothing spectacular"
                        Also played injured for several games last season and played both LDE and RDE

I really dig the guys game. Plays all of the position requirements very well. Plays every game.

Comment

incorrect.
                          You're right.. OV is slightly better
                          If you've never played your opinion is invalid

Comment

Originally posted by Eliordie View Post

You're right.. OV is slightly better
                            At getting shut down.

Comment

At getting shut down.
                              shut down in what regard.? His stats show he is on par with JPP in all categories.
                              Beyond the stats I watch every game and see very little difference in his production compared to JPP's.
                              If you dont like that guy thats cool but dont make **** up.
                              Well there is one big difference. OV has never missed a start in 5 seasons

Comment

ranked 4th of the DEs and 8th of all DLs last season for overall play

not bad at all and more then "nothing spectacular"
                                Also played injured for several games last season and played both LDE and RDE

I really dig the guys game. Plays all of the position requirements very well. Plays every game.
                                Plus he is always around the ball.
                                Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Working...
                                X