No announcement yet.

Our corners outside of the big 3.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very hard to compare a RDE vs LDE. RDEs usually have the tougher draw on the Oline.

Comment

Originally posted by Roswell View Post
      Very hard to compare a RDE vs LDE. RDEs usually have the tougher draw on the Oline.
      OV played both last season. When his wrist/hand was hurting and JPP was out (again) he played LDE at tomes too.
      "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
      You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by bearbryant View Post
        I'm more concerned about our OLine than CB ...but I hear ya!!
        And you will be right up until we lose one of the starting 3. CB depth worries me a lot. Cant remember a season when at least one of them didn't go down.

Comment

This might be the best secondary the Giants have ever had. Can't worry too much about the fifth CB on the team. Not sure any team has an outstanding fifth CB.

Comment

Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post
            A good tackle doesn't need help shutting down OV. JPP commands double teams every game.

OV was so bad vs GB he should've given his game check back to the Giants.
            JPP was about as productive vs GB in the playoffs as he was vs GB in week 5...

GB has one of the better LTs in the NFL

It sounds like you might be scapegoating OV to explain the teams overall lack of a pass rush... Which is an easy thing to do considering he was the best pass rusher left standing.
            Why the Giants will win the SuperBowl!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QPvmhCcsnY&t=1s

Interview With Darian Thompson: https://youtu.be/vvqLbM6emGE

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSW...BrHBI_v2XKQb5A

Comment

Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post

At getting shut down.
              I love JPP but there were years he could not get one foot beyond the line of scrimmage he was constantly getting stone walled at the line, truly "shutdown"

In OVs case if by shut down you mean the QB getting the ball away just in time after he beat the lineman and got to him in 2.5 seconds then yeah you're right lol

The facts are there and they disagree with you, OV regularly beats the man in front of him, I get that many fans just look at sack numbers and disregard this but I can assure you no coach in the NFL looks at it that way and for good reason

If I​​​​​​ were to rate their play last season on a scale of 0-100 I'd give OV a 93 and JP a 91.. in many ways they're very similar, and they may just be the 2 best 4-3 combo DEs in the league, they're both top notch against the pass and the run
              Last edited by Eliordie; 08-11-2017, 03:55 PM.
              If you've never played your opinion is invalid

Comment

Originally posted by Eliordie View Post

I love JPP but there were years he could not get one foot beyond the line of scrimmage he was constantly getting stone walled at the line, truly "shutdown"

In OVs case if by shut down you mean the QB getting the ball away just in time after he beat the lineman and got to him in 2.5 seconds then yeah you're right lol

The facts are there and they disagree with you, OV regularly beats the man in front of him, I get that many fans just look at sack numbers and disregard this but I can assure you no coach in the NFL looks at it that way and for good reason
                I don't care about sack numbers. If that were the case I wouldn't bring up JPP because he doesn't blow him away in sacks either.

JPP gets double teamed more than OV and still disrupts the offense. OV was pretty much a non factor the first half of the season.

The one thing he does have on JPP is health. That's true. But JPP is just better than him in everything else.

Comment

Working...
                X