Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What will be the Giants record in 2017-18?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What will be the Giants record in 2017-18?

How well (or bad) will the Giants record be in 2017-18?

What is your biggest concern?

What are you most confident in?

Go Giants
    5-11 or worse
    0%
    6-10
    0%
    7-9
    0%
    8-8
    6.82%
    9-7
    13.64%
    10-6
    27.27%
    11-5
    20.45%
    12-4
    22.73%
    13-3
    6.82%
    14-2 or better
    2.27%
    WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

I said 10-6. I think our west coast trips will trip us up a bit, and the teams coming off byes will hurt too.

Biggest concern is still the OL for me. We did nothing really to help it out. Fluker failed in San Diego. Im more interested in Biz playing.

Biggest strength IMO will be our defense stopping the run game.

Comment

I am going with 11-5 again. This team is really stacked besides on the OL, which is the main concern imo. I think Goodson is going to step up and be our MIKE of the future and I love the rest of the D. If the 2 OTs can be just average, we should be very good.

Comment

With the schedule being so hard I'm thinking 10-6 or 9-7. My biggest concern is the running game. The Giants are playing with fire with the backups. My biggest concern on the d is jpp. Can he stay on the field? I am most confident in our offensive playmakers and secondary. Odell, ss, marshall, hopefully engram should be very hard to stop.

Comment

Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post
          I am going with 11-5 again. This team is really stacked besides on the OL, which is the main concern imo. I think Goodson is going to step up and be our MIKE of the future and I love the rest of the D. If the 2 OTs can be just average, we should be very good.
          who plays SAM? I think goodson could be a great SAM also. I'm concerned with the speed/agility of the LB corp. to match up in coverage. The Mike and Will position guys have to cover some. Pinkins is a nice addition if he works out. Not sure how spags will utilize him. More and more teams are going with "move" tight ends and two tight end sets to create the matchups they want. A fourth corner who can cover but isn't a liability against the run. Deyon can cover but is way too small for the run game..... Our D is great but there are some holes teams are going to try to exploit.

OT is also a concern.

biggest convern is the schedule and the fact that the NFC east is so strong of a division. 10-6 or 11-5... 9-7 probably does not get it done.

Comment

Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post

who plays SAM? I think goodson could be a great SAM also. I'm concerned with the speed/agility of the LB corp. to match up in coverage. The Mike and Will position guys have to cover some. Pinkins is a nice addition if he works out. Not sure how spags will utilize him. More and more teams are going with "move" tight ends and two tight end sets to create the matchups they want. A fourth corner who can cover but isn't a liability against the run. Deyon can cover but is way too small for the run game..... Our D is great but there are some holes teams are going to try to exploit.

OT is also a concern.

biggest convern is the schedule and the fact that the NFC east is so strong of a division. 10-6 or 11-5... 9-7 probably does not get it done.
            Kennard is the SAM, and does a pretty good job there. Keenan Robinson was our best coverage LB in years and hes back. I would love to see a kid like Pinkins step in and be a player. Time will tell but our LB corps is not bad at all.

Comment

Rookie Chad Wheeler is getting some work at first-team left tackle ahead of Ereck Flowers, which is ... interesting. - per Ralph Vacchiano

And it begins...

If this is because Flowers hasn't gotten better, we are in serious trouble on the OL once again.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                Rookie Chad Wheeler is getting some work at first-team left tackle ahead of Ereck Flowers, which is ... interesting. - per Ralph Vacchiano

And it begins...
                From what I read, its just a reward for working hard. But I like what I have seen from Wheeler at practices. I dont see any way he plays over Flowers this year but he may just make the team.

Comment

Kennard is the SAM, and does a pretty good job there. Keenan Robinson was our best coverage LB in years and hes back. I would love to see a kid like Pinkins step in and be a player. Time will tell but our LB corps is not bad at all.
                  Tx tdawg. keenan robinson, yes. have not heard his name this year at all? what's going on with him? injured?

Comment

From what I read, its just a reward for working hard. But I like what I have seen from Wheeler at practices. I dont see any way he plays over Flowers this year but he may just make the team.
                    I would be surprised if he doesnt make the team. He has to be at least the back up tackle at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post

Tx tdawg. keenan robinson, yes. have not heard his name this year at all? what's going on with him? injured?
                      He is in the concussion protocol. So not playing Friday night but he will be fine.

Comment

I would be surprised if he doesnt make the team. He has to be at least the back up tackle at this point.
                        Maybe, but it all depends on whether they think they can get him to the PS. And if something were to happen to Flowers, my guess is Pugh moves to LT.

Comment

I voted 11-5.

Like most of us, I'm still concerned with the OL; though I have more faith than others that Flowers will progress to a serviceable tackle this year. This is the key to the team because strong OL play mitigates our worries about the running game as well as giving Eli a clean pocket to step into.

Defensively, I think we will be solid but I need to see how our rush D is effected by the loss of Hankins.

Overall, I feel confident in this team. There will be weeks when we look like world beaters and weeks where we look completely lost; it's seemingly the 21st century Giants way.

Comment

And it begins...

If this is because Flowers hasn't gotten better, we are in serious trouble on the OL once again.
                            I'm chalking Flowers up as a bust. I hope that I am wrong, but he hasn't given me any indication that he will pan out.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SG88 View Post

I'm chalking Flowers up as a bust. I hope that I am wrong, but he hasn't given me any indication that he will pan out.
                              He hasnt given anyone an indication he will work out.

One last shot should be shove him at LG and move Pugh to LT during the season if he is flopping again. If that doesnt work, cut ties.

Comment

Working...
                              X