Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What will be the Giants record in 2017-18?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    I went with 10 and 6. That could up or down depending on how the pre-season goes. My biggest concern are the tackles 2 offensive I defensive. I am most confident in the ability of Wing to pin them inside the 20.
    The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

    Comment


    • #17
      I usually go with 10-6 but I am ramping it up and saying 11-5
      "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
      You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

        He hasnt given anyone an indication he will work out.

        One last shot should be shove him at LG and move Pugh to LT during the season if he is flopping again. If that doesnt work, cut ties.
        Moving him inside IMO would be the only way to salvage him. However, they won't do that. His next team (if he has a next team), will.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by SG88 View Post

          Moving him inside IMO would be the only way to salvage him. However, they won't do that. His next team (if he has a next team), will.
          This is sad to say but I think he would be even worse inside. He plays with no leverage and doesnt get low enough in his stance. DTs will eat him alive. He is just not good, but I hope I am wrong.

          Comment


          • #20
            10-6

            offence will be better, d will be slightly worse.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post

              This is sad to say but I think he would be even worse inside. He plays with no leverage and doesnt get low enough in his stance. DTs will eat him alive. He is just not good, but I hope I am wrong.
              I think we all want him to do well. ****, we are all fans of the team. Him doing well makes our team better. It was just a bad first round draft pick. Reese's worst first round draft pick. If you're right about him being even worse inside, he might not even get another contract from anyone.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by SG88 View Post

                I think we all want him to do well. ****, we are all fans of the team. Him doing well makes our team better. It was just a bad first round draft pick. Reese's worst first round draft pick. If you're right about him being even worse inside, he might not even get another contract from anyone.
                His pedigree as a 1st rounder will most likely get him another look regardless of how the next 2 years go. A power running team like Tennesse would be a good fit for him, but their 2 OTs are both young. Honestly, Conklin isnt much different from Flowers. He is given a ton of help in that scheme in the pass game.

                Comment


                • #23
                  9-7...I think it's a tough schedule.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by TE88 View Post
                    10-6

                    offence will be better, d will be slightly worse.
                    I agree that the D could be slightly worse which still puts them in the top 10 but the offense needs to be wayyy better than last season and I'm cautiously optimistic that they will be. 10-6 due to a brutal schedule.

                    ​11 wins will be tough for any nfc east team this year.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                      I said 10-6. I think our west coast trips will trip us up a bit, and the teams coming off byes will hurt too.

                      Biggest concern is still the OL for me. We did nothing really to help it out. Fluker failed in San Diego. Im more interested in Biz playing.

                      Biggest strength IMO will be our defense stopping the run game.
                      With 4 of first 6 games on the Road and as you mentioned the 4 West Coast trips as well as 4 teams having two weeks to get ready for us I'd say they'd be lucky to reach 9/10 wins
                      Football has been very, very good to us.
                      After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                      But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

                      # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

                      1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                      2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                      3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                      4-New York Giants!!!
                      5-NE
                      Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

                      ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post
                        With the schedule being so hard I'm thinking 10-6 or 9-7. My biggest concern is the running game. The Giants are playing with fire with the backups. My biggest concern on the d is jpp. Can he stay on the field? I am most confident in our offensive playmakers and secondary. Odell, ss, marshall, hopefully engram should be very hard to stop.
                        You and me are on the same page BigBlue, I think 10-6 wins the division doubt if a Wild Card comes out of the East. The toughness of the schedule will probably hurt us (or the winner of the nfc East) in the seating of the playoffs cause a possible less talented team could have better record and get home field.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          I know it was last year and that's a lifetime ago by now but I can't help but find a bit of amusement in how much the perception changed.

                          with virtually the same exact squad, last year coming off 6 and 10, there was a vocal group who couldn't help but explain how we were really a 4 win team...4 to 6 wins was the consensus amongst this bunch. And not ironically many of those same individuals have continued to explain how their preseason approach in terms of expectations is the best way and its the most rational etc. Well no not if you're claiming we are a 5 win team even after we won a few games


                          I remember some of them more than others and this isn't actually an attempt to slam anyone. They had valid ground for their pov at least as far as I was concerned. Solely remarking how it's funny last year with almost the same exact team, many gave us no chance at more than 6 wins. I personally had us at 11 and 5. Go figure. But this year almost no one expects a losing season and many expect more than 10 wins.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            I went 12-4 because I think everything will work and the team will make it happen.

                            I think we are a notch better than last year with the offense because of additions and the draft and the o-line will be better with another years experience. Eli given the time should light up the league this season.

                            the defense seems confident and focused and will only get better imo. im looking forward to the 2ndary. I think they cause serious havoc and will be a major contribution to the success of this d.
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
                              I know it was last year and that's a lifetime ago by now but I can't help but find a bit of amusement in how much the perception changed.

                              with virtually the same exact squad, last year coming off 6 and 10, there was a vocal group who couldn't help but explain how we were really a 4 win team...4 to 6 wins was the consensus amongst this bunch. And not ironically many of those same individuals have continued to explain how their preseason approach in terms of expectations is the best way and its the most rational etc. Well no not if you're claiming we are a 5 win team even after we won a few games


                              I remember some of them more than others and this isn't actually an attempt to slam anyone. They had valid ground for their pov at least as far as I was concerned. Solely remarking how it's funny last year with almost the same exact team, many gave us no chance at more than 6 wins. I personally had us at 11 and 5. Go figure. But this year almost no one expects a losing season and many expect more than 10 wins.
                              Thats what happens coming off a season like last. Last year there was a lot of questions. New coach, defense was awful the prior year, OL, 3 huge new pieces, the emergence of Collins, ect. A lot of that was cleared up. We pretty much know exactly who this team is now. Solid D, great secondary, great offensive weapons, good QB, no OL.
                              The Problem is the Oline, PERIOD

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                19-0
                                LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                                "Next man up"

                                "I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X