Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What will be the Giants record in 2017-18?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

Thats what happens coming off a season like last. Last year there was a lot of questions. New coach, defense was awful the prior year, OL, 3 huge new pieces, the emergence of Collins, ect. A lot of that was cleared up. We pretty much know exactly who this team is now. Solid D, great secondary, great offensive weapons, good QB, no OL.
    Last year many failed to see the improvements we made. there were practice squad or below scrubs playing important positions that we replaced with star quality players.

Got rid of Kuhn, and replaced with Snacks.
    That's like a non nfl player replaced by pro bowler one of the top players at his position.
    Wynn was playing with JPP hurt and we replaced him with vernon as starter.

Holsley got replaced by Apple
    Prince got replaced by Jenkins.
    Collins was playing out of position.

This year we have made similar improvements on offense.
    Donnell and tye have been replaced by Ellison and Engrams.
    a Hobbled Cruz has been replaced by Marshall. See how he made Jenkins fall down in the endzone on Tuesday? he's still got it.
    Richburg was hurt the entire year, he should be back to 2015 level when our offense was top 10.

Remember in 2015, same oline and we were a top 10 offense. We scored a lot of points and it wasn't because we we were playing from behind, we weren't. We blew like 5-6 late leads.

Our offense will be drastically better and the defense in turn will be as well. This will give the offense even more opportunities to score.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post

Last year many failed to see the improvements we made. there were practice squad or below scrubs playing important positions that we replaced with star quality players.

That's like a non nfl player replaced by pro bowler one of the top players at his position.

a Hobbled Cruz has been replaced by Marshall. See how he made Jenkins fall down in the endzone on Tuesday? he's still got it.
      Richburg was hurt the entire year, he should be back to 2015 level when our offense was top 10.

Remember in 2015, same oline and we were a top 10 offense. We scored a lot of points and it wasn't because we we were playing from behind, we weren't. We blew like 5-6 late leads.

Our offense will be drastically better and the defense in turn will be as well. This will give the offense even more opportunities to score.
      IMO, we were a "top 10 offense" but we still couldnt consistently move the ball. The reason we were top 10 in points scored was because our defense helped out quite a bit. IIRC, we had quite a few pick 6ers and some STs TDs. I also remember the D getting the ball for the O in the enemies territory quite a bit off turnovers. Those helped the scoring points for the offense. But even in 2015, I remember how hard it was for this team to get a first down and help the defense out. The OL was still a weak point. IMO, Richberg never was a great C. He is too weak at the point of attack.
      The Problem is the Oline, PERIOD

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post

Don't forget that TC's offense was also included with MAC's offense. The offensive playbook has got to be better than that nonsense we watched last year. So yes I'm hoping and expect the offense to be at worst in the top half of the league even with the uncertainty of the oline.

Comment

I see 12-4
          Why the Giants will win the SuperBowl!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QPvmhCcsnY&t=1s

Interview With Darian Thompson: https://youtu.be/vvqLbM6emGE

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSW...BrHBI_v2XKQb5A

Comment

IMO, we were a "top 10 offense" but we still couldnt consistently move the ball. The reason we were top 10 in points scored was because our defense helped out quite a bit. IIRC, we had quite a few pick 6ers and some STs TDs. I also remember the D getting the ball for the O in the enemies territory quite a bit off turnovers. Those helped the scoring points for the offense. But even in 2015, I remember how hard it was for this team to get a first down and help the defense out. The OL was still a weak point. IMO, Richberg never was a great C. He is too weak at the point of attack.
            The defense was terrible and we had Donnell contribute a lot of bad plays by fumbling. Still our defense was terrible that year and I'm sure better defense played even a bigger role for the other teams that finished top 10 on offense. So until we get info on how much the defenses helped the other top 10 offenses, we have to assume they got similar help. In 2015, richburg was actually pretty good you're right he has to get stronger. Not sure how much his injury played a role last year but you can't apply full strength to any kind of pushing activity with a broken hand.

I hope he has been working on his strength but it's more tech for him. Every center in the league would get overpowered by DTs that outweigh them by 30-50 pounds. It's all about tech and richburg seems to be all aboit improving himself. So I think he will bounce back.

Comment

Originally posted by jay051 View Post

Don't forget that TC's offense was also included with MAC's offense. The offensive playbook has got to be better than that nonsense we watched last year. So yes I'm hoping and expect the offense to be at worst in the top half of the league even with the uncertainty of the oline.
              Thats true too. Mcadoo was first year head coach and was calling the plays. Maybe he was overwhelmed or maybe it was because of the player personnel limitations.
              Our TEs couldn't block so we never ran behind our tackles. We just ran up the middle, it was predictable but mcadoo didn't have a choice.

With Ellison and Engrams on the field together, we can now run or pass Keep teams guessing.

There will be a lot of options and plays to choose from and I think we will score more and often.

Comment

The OL is agreed on by all that it is not great but if they can be marginal to average. .. I believe they can get it done with the talent on offense.

Comment

11-5 or 12-4. Offense is ready to explode.

Comment

It doesn't work like that the offense doesn't get credit for d or st scores....

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post

It doesn't work like that the offense doesn't get credit for d or st scores....
                      Unfortunately, it shouldn't work like that, but sites like NFL.com actually include scoring offense from defensive assistance or ST assistance. They rank offense by total points. Thats why i said that.

Comment

Unfortunately, it shouldn't work like that, but sites like NFL.com actually include scoring offense from defensive assistance or ST assistance. They rank offense by total points. Thats why i said that.
                        No I mean when the offenses are ranked in terms of points scored, the d and st scores are not included we were discussing the giants being a top 10 offense. It wasn't bc the defense and st scores (implying no other teams did which isn't accurate further it would have an inherit flaw bc offenses with no contribution from said elements would be inaccurately detailed vs offenses that did. Meaning say an offense scored 100 points but got 200 from the d and st. And another scored 299 total points on their own. They would be the better ranked offense and rightfully so).
                        it does not work like you are stating I think you need to go back and look again.
                        I think you are confusing total team points with total offensive points. And they keep track of both.
                        Last edited by giantsfan420; 08-10-2017, 07:41 PM.

Comment

10-6 I think we start clicking when it counts

Comment

11-5. Optimistic here.

Comment

10-6 is in the lead. Im starting to think about taking off a win or 2 though because our OL still looks like it did last year. We will see after tonight.

Comment

9-7. Offense will be slightly better but D will go back a step. Giants got lucky with injuries last year and schedule is tougher

Comment

Working...
                                X