Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did anyone listen to jr on wfan this morning?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post
    Drafting Webb was ok because the other 2 backups aren't NFL caliber. Crazy how Kaepernick is still out there and we have 2 backups who are much worse.
    He is not a good QB. He could not hold a backup job on a bad team. This tells it all; The 9ers chose to take a 2.5 million dollar cap hit, then to keep him on the roster.
    The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post

He is not a good QB. He could not hold a backup job on a bad team. This tells it all; The 9ers chose to take a 2.5 million dollar cap hit, then to keep him on the roster.
      i respectfully disagree.... some coach thought patrick mahommes was a better Qb for his college program's offense does not mean at all that webb will not be a good nfl QB. i liked webb's college highlight tape. he had a very high completion %, he was the most accurate QB in deep balls at the combine and the NYG said they liked his deep accuracy. his deep accuracy was the big knock on him. I think webb has the potential to be a starting QB in the NFL someday. he isn't nassib. I'm sick of hearing him being compared to nassib. webb is highly intelligent, works his tail off, and that gets respect from teammates. the kid has areal shot IMO.

Comment

I doubt it has to do with him not being a good QB. Even Geno Smith has a roster spot in the NFL. If Geno belongs, so does Kaep.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post

Webb probably won't dress once this year. They could have used the 3rd round pick on maybe a better ranked rb or olinemen.
          Probably not.. But he should be ready to be a back up next year.

I love his work ethic
          Why the Giants will win the SuperBowl!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QPvmhCcsnY&t=1s

Interview With Darian Thompson: https://youtu.be/vvqLbM6emGE

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSW...BrHBI_v2XKQb5A

Comment

Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post

i respectfully disagree.... some coach thought patrick mahommes was a better Qb for his college program's offense does not mean at all that webb will not be a good nfl QB. i liked webb's college highlight tape. he had a very high completion %, he was the most accurate QB in deep balls at the combine and the NYG said they liked his deep accuracy. his deep accuracy was the big knock on him. I think webb has the potential to be a starting QB in the NFL someday. he isn't nassib. I'm sick of hearing him being compared to nassib. webb is highly intelligent, works his tail off, and that gets respect from teammates. the kid has areal shot IMO.
            I was talking about Kaepernick. Apparently I did make it clear enough LOL
            The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

I was talking about Kaepernick. Apparently I did make it clear enough LOL
              lol ...oh!

Comment

I doubt it has to do with him not being a good QB. Even Geno Smith has a roster spot in the NFL. If Geno belongs, so does Kaep.
                He flat out sucks as an NFL QB . He has a NCAA QB mentality.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                  The decision to draft Webb was a sound one.
                  completely agree

Comment

On what planet? Smith can throw a pass from the pocket; that puts him well above Kaepernick.

Comment

Kaepernick opted out of his contract ... he is unemployed by choice
                      he is also not very good

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post

Kaepernick opted out of his contract ... he is unemployed by choice
                        he is also not very good
                        I thought he was cut. So what is the problem, he is the agent of his own unemployment? Why should anyone care about him not having a job?

Comment

I thought he was cut. So what is the problem, he is the agent of his own unemployment? Why should anyone care about him not having a job?
                          http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...-opts-contract

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

On what basis are you evaluating Webb's potential?
                            The potential that he never plays a snap for the Giants

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

You want us to wait until we have no QB?
                              Our guy will be 37 in several months. he has 2 years left on his deal where it won't hurt us cap wise. I wouldn't be surprised to see us draft another QB in the mid rounds this coming year if there is a good value.
                              A good GM prepares for the future and doesn't wait for it to blow up to make a move.
                              So did you think it was a good move and he was preparing for the future with Nassib? He could have used the pick on someone who is going to play sooner rather than later.. not on someone who may never play a down for them.

Comment

He opted out thinking some team would hand him a starting job.. it obviously backfired miserably.

Comment

Working...
                                X