Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did anyone listen to jr on wfan this morning?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post

Webb will dress every single game this year.
    You are probably right...as the emergency QB.
    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

You are probably right...as the emergency QB.
      What is the alternative? They try to put him on the practice squad and hope some other team doesn't grab him. They don't have much choice but to dress him.
      LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
      "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

What is the alternative? They try to put him on the practice squad and hope some other team doesn't grab him. They don't have much choice but to dress him.
        mysterious injury that puts him on the IR.......but then he cant practice I guess either.
        They will stash him on the roster some how I guess
        "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
        You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post

I know that. I was reiterating why don't think he has a job. I will say this if he is not getting a job because of his Blatant Honesty that is not in anyway acceptable. Like I said he is a bad QB. Anything more than that IMO is grandstanding by some.
          I think its a combination of both. He's certainly not the worst qb in the league and could easily be a starter for at least 4 teams right now. The problem is that his on field performance is not enough to outweigh his political stand and thats why no team is willing to sign him IMO.

Put Cam Newton in the same exact situation as Kap, do any of you guys honestly think no team would sign Cam because of his political stand??

Comment

You can be a healthy inactive.

53 man roster but only 45 are active on gameday. Webb will likely fall in that bottom 8. Unless he goes off in the presason and becomes the number 2 right away. That would be best case scenario but wishful thinking for sure.
            Why the Giants will win the SuperBowl!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QPvmhCcsnY&t=1s

Interview With Darian Thompson: https://youtu.be/vvqLbM6emGE

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSW...BrHBI_v2XKQb5A

Comment

Nassib was drafted to be a back up. JR said himself after he drafted Nassib that he hoped he would never play a down for us.
              Webb was drafted into a very different situation.
              I see more similarities than differences. If Eli is still playing at a high level in 3 or 4 years, Webb will never play for the Giants.

Comment

Webb will dress every single game this year.
                Lol no..... he will be a healthy inactive on game day

Comment

Originally posted by ShineOnForever View Post

I see more similarities than differences. If Eli is still playing at a high level in 3 or 4 years, Webb will never play for the Giants.
                  Here is the obvious difference. Eli was in the middle of his prime when Nassib was drafted. Having a cheap backup was in the team's interest.
                  Now Eli is nearing the end of his career. It IS possible, as you say that he will play for 3 or 4 more years. Probably more likely that it's 2 more.
                  But Webb was a good value in round 3 and he has the tools to be a solid NFL starter. Whether or not he will become one is anyone's guess.
                  I give it 50/50 at best. But it's important to draft QB's as your starting QB gets closer to the end of his career.

It's solid roster management.

Comment

Teams can dress an emergency QB who isn't part of the 45 man team. He will be on the 53.

Comment

Here is the obvious difference. Eli was in the middle of his prime when Nassib was drafted. Having a cheap backup was in the team's interest.
                      Now Eli is nearing the end of his career. It IS possible, as you say that he will play for 3 or 4 more years. Probably more likely that it's 2 more.
                      But Webb was a good value in round 3 and he has the tools to be a solid NFL starter. Whether or not he will become one is anyone's guess.
                      I give it 50/50 at best. But it's important to draft QB's as your starting QB gets closer to the end of his career.

bingo.....
                      I think he plays only two more years as well

You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Webb was also drafted to be a backup.. Eli has never been hurt and his arm is the same if not better than what it was early in his career.. as long as he is healthy, he is going to play past webbs rookie deal.. waste of a pick IMO

Comment

Webb was also drafted to be a backup.. Eli has never been hurt and his arm is the same if not better than what it was early in his career.. as long as he is healthy, he is going to play past webbs rookie deal.. waste of a pick IMO
                          When your QB gets around Eli's age, its a smart thing to take a QB every year until you feel you have one that can stick. There was nothing wrong with the Webb pick.

Comment

why do think Eli plays another 4 or 5 years?
                            Webb was drafted as a back up now and possible eventual starter.....IMO

Comment

Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post

When your QB gets around Eli's age, its a smart thing to take a QB every year until you feel you have one that can stick. There was nothing wrong with the Webb pick.
                              Nothing wrong with the pick is your opinion. I see alot wrong with it, theres a reason he fell to the 3rd round, he isn't ready to play at the nfl level if Eli does go down this year, he may never play for the giants, and they could have used that pick on someone that is going to contribute this year. That was just off the top of my head and took 30 seconds to post.

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post

why do think Eli plays another 4 or 5 years?
                                Webb was drafted as a back up now and possible eventual starter.....IMO
                                reread my post, its in there why I think he will play that long or longer

Comment

Working...
                                X