Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did anyone listen to jr on wfan this morning?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Originally posted by ShineOnForever View Post

    I don't know, all anyone talked about last year is how his arm looked stronger then ever because he incorporated baseball workouts or pitching workouts into his offseason training.. this year he also talked about doing a lot of band work which is what pitchers do.. if its not the same its pretty close

    It's hard to have pocket awareness when there's no pocket lol.. seriously though after the hit by chris baker of the skins in week 3, eli never looked the same after that.. he got destroyed and his head bounced off the turf, he got up woozy but was never checked for a concussion
    I am sure the Oline problems will affect that but he is a 14 year vet he needs to be able to know when he will get pummeled and when he has time.
    NOt every single play but most of the time. I also know the scheme has his the count in his head getting rid of the ball quick too. Either to a receiver or into the ground. Not a fan of that as a regular thing.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by ShineOnForever View Post

      Nothing wrong with the pick is your opinion. I see alot wrong with it, theres a reason he fell to the 3rd round, he isn't ready to play at the nfl level if Eli does go down this year, he may never play for the giants, and they could have used that pick on someone that is going to contribute this year. That was just off the top of my head and took 30 seconds to post.
      With Eli set to be here for at least the next 2 years, a guy like Webb who needs development time is the perfect guy to take. And he gets to learn from Eli. It is quite possible that he may never play for the Giants. Its also possible the 3rd rounder may have been the next Travis Beckum or Ramses Barden. Point is, a developmental QB was needed and a guy with Webb's talents is hard to pass on.

      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by GameTime View Post

        ok.....
        what eles you got for me. If the Giants think they have a potential future franchise QB I can see them picking that over a RB
        I think your missing my point. I'd rather have the giants go all out for the next two years to win a superbowl than worry about who may or may not be the qb in three years. I know that's the gm job to worry about this year and years down the road. But the giants are in a win now mode. I also don't have a lot of faith in Reese drafting qbs. He has drafted atleast a couple and they haven't done anything or even showed promise during the pre season.

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

          Yeah...That's right. As I said there is a chance he continues to be healthy. There is also an equal or greater chance that he gets hurt at some point.
          There is a greater chance that his game declines as well. Definitely showed signs of that last year. That would also be normal for an NFL QB...even very good ones.

          I just don't get your POV on this. It's good team management to have alternatives if a player goes down, especially the QB. It's also smart to develop a QB before the team falls apart.

          If you disagree that's fine. But I'm afraid you are in the minority among NFL braintrusts.
          Jerry Reese has never been accused of having good team management, which is why there are recent drafts that have no players left on the team and he had to spend like crazy on other teams players last year.. 31 other teams passed on Webb multiple times and if the giants dont take him, he falls even further.. He is not ready to play and won't contribute any time soon if at all.. The entire league's braintrusts feel the same way

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post

            I think your missing my point. I'd rather have the giants go all out for the next two years to win a superbowl than worry about who may or may not be the qb in three years. I know that's the gm job to worry about this year and years down the road. But the giants are in a win now mode. I also don't have a lot of faith in Reese drafting qbs. He has drafted atleast a couple and they haven't done anything or even showed promise during the pre season.
            I hear you. The running game has to happen this season
            "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
            You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by GameTime View Post

              I hear you. The running game has to happen this season
              Let's hope so. I think the running game is the key to the whole season.

              Comment


              • #82
                Originally posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post

                Let's hope so. I think the running game is the key to the whole season.
                No doubt...
                its funny how "they" say RBs are not worth as much as they used be but if your team has no run game you are not going anywhere,
                Maybe as individuals they are not what they used be as the focus of an offense but you still a need a decent ground game
                I
                "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by GameTime View Post

                  No doubt...
                  its funny how "they" say RBs are not worth as much as they used be but if your team has no run game you are not going anywhere,
                  Maybe as individuals they are not what they used be as the focus of an offense but you still a need a decent ground game
                  I
                  But in today's NFL, the "run game" is as much or more determined by the O line than the RB himself.
                  You give our guys some room, and we can have a powerful running game.
                  Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

                    But in today's NFL, the "run game" is as much or more determined by the O line than the RB himself.
                    why has that changed? Schemes?
                    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post
                      Drafting Webb was ok because the other 2 backups aren't NFL caliber. Crazy how Kaepernick is still out there and we have 2 backups who are much worse.
                      Kap signs with the Giants I am not going to that stadium.
                      Just when I don't think it can get any worse, I think of you Ray. I have been to the abyss....thank you for helping me stay positive.

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by ShineOnForever View Post

                        Nothing wrong with the pick is your opinion. I see alot wrong with it, theres a reason he fell to the 3rd round, he isn't ready to play at the nfl level if Eli does go down this year, he may never play for the giants, and they could have used that pick on someone that is going to contribute this year. That was just off the top of my head and took 30 seconds to post.
                        Tom Brady fell pretty far in the draft, so the fact he went in the 3rd means absolute **** to me. I think it was a smart move.
                        Just when I don't think it can get any worse, I think of you Ray. I have been to the abyss....thank you for helping me stay positive.

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Originally posted by BigBlueOnes View Post

                          Tom Brady fell pretty far in the draft, so the fact he went in the 3rd means absolute **** to me. I think it was a smart move.
                          Brady is the exception, not the norm.. some players do fall through the cracks

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                            The decision to draft Webb was a sound one.
                            So was trading up for Ryan "out the league in 4" Nassib

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Originally posted by ShineOnForever View Post

                              Brady is the exception, not the norm.. some players do fall through the cracks
                              Webb is a pretty talented player. But as I said, I give him 50/50 at best to become a solid NFL starter. So many intangibles to being a good QB.
                              QB's tend to go way too high in the draft because teams that don't have one tend to get desperate. But those intangibles are hard to see before they become pros. That's why there are so many misses in round 1 at QB.
                              I think Webb has a shot. He has the tools. The biggest advantage for him is patience. That is the TEAM'S patience. He has time to develop without being thrown to the wolves. A lot of guys were ruined by that.
                              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                this is just an opinion but I think the Webb pick is just another Nassib pick and will go no where, if we are seriously going to look for Eli's replacement I think we have to look in the first round....

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X