Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did anyone listen to jr on wfan this morning?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GameTime View Post
    What if Webb turns out to be very good and Eli gets hurt or decides t retire in 2 years.
    Will those who are complaining now still complain?
    The Giants need a contingency plan because Geno or Johnson are not the future. ( no matter what Mac says...lol)
    Yeah that's fair. I respect that.
    but say also eli stays healthy and we struggle with th3 OL and there are players from the 3rd picked by other teams starting and contributing to their OL?

it really has to play itself out before anyone can say. What ppl are really saying when speaking for or against the pick is their team expectations for the near future

Comment

• Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post

lol.... what a terrible front office decision!
      Yeah but that's not really fair. Matt Flynn the backup for gb (whose not even in the league iirc) was signed for Seattle and the apparent starter.
      carro himself spoke of it being a total open competition

we don't have that we have an incumbent starter
      and he could play another 4 to 5 years which isnwhat jr stated he expects to happen, recently.

Comment

• Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post

Yeah that's fair. I respect that.
        but say also eli stays healthy and we struggle with th3 OL and there are players from the 3rd picked by other teams starting and contributing to their OL?

it really has to play itself out before anyone can say. What ppl are really saying when speaking for or against the pick is their team expectations for the near future
        NFL teams are like life. You need to save for the future and spend some in the present. QB is by far the hardest position to nail down as we all know.
        36 year old QB who has 14 years in the league. Not a bad time to take a chance IMO. But I get the win now argument as well. However the Giants have 4 in the bank so they are not desperate.....
        "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
        You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Yeah but that's not really fair. Matt Flynn the backup for gb (whose not even in the league iirc) was signed for Seattle and the apparent starter.

and he could play another 4 to 5 years which isnwhat jr stated he expects to happen, recently.
          None of this is relevant. The point was made that since 31 teams passed on the kid, he's no good. He then claimed that Brady was the exception. So we listed other solid NFL starters drafted in the 3rd round or later....including Wilson.
          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by GameTime View Post

NFL teams are like life. You need to save for the future and spend some in the present. QB is by far the hardest position to nail down as we all know.
            36 year old QB who has 14 years in the league. Not a bad time to take a chance IMO. But I get the win now argument as well. However the Giants have 4 in the bank so they are not desperate.....

well put sir well put.

see you should be the example for everyone bc it's easy to disagree and still have respect when conversing with you.

but back to the topic at hand for me personally I'm indifferent right now but if I had to lean I would say I do expect eli to play at a high level for the foreseeable future. The thing is I can see him playing at a high level for 20 more years bc he's a hero of sorts for me lol. But should he go down or just fall off a cliff, both possible but not as likely as him playing well for the next 3 to 4 years or even more, then the pick looks genius IF and its a big one, Webb is actually a NFL qb.

Comment

well put sir well put.

see you should be the example for everyone bc it's easy to disagree and still have respect when conversing with you.

but back to the topic at hand for me personally I'm indifferent right now but if I had to lean I would say I do expect eli to play at a high level for the foreseeable future. The thing is I can see him playing at a high level for 20 more years bc he's a hero of sorts for me lol. But should he go down or just fall off a cliff, both possible but not as likely as him playing well for the next 3 to 4 years or even more, then the pick looks genius IF and its a big one, Webb is actually a NFL qb.
              Yep....the NFL has rosters full of "ifs"....
              "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
              You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

well put sir well put.

There is no possible way Eli is playing past his current deal. I would say less than 5% chance. He has three years left and only two years left before he has an insignificant cap hit.

It's business. It's just the way it is.
                Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

. So we listed other solid NFL starters drafted in the 3rd round or later....including Wilson.
                  Now list the huge majority that aren't starters. It would be great if Webb gives us another 10+ years of a franchise QB play, but odds are slim. That's just the way it goes. Most 1st round QBs are not franchise worthy so the chances for a 3rd rounder is less likely. We can still hope.

Comment

How was it a failure? He served as a low cost back up for several years. He did exactly what JR said he wanted.....For him not to play.

Instead of paying a veteran who would have cost more, we payed a 4th rounder a rookie deal.
                    lol wasnt a failure? you must love jerry reese.. it was a failure because he wasted a 4th round pick when he is already horrible at drafting to begin with

Comment

He was a very good player and a franchise QB. You get my point.
                      Quite honestly he wasn't a very good FF QB at all actually.
                      I know he was good but like his franchise, he was not nearly as good as his hype.

BTW, "good" in FF is a function of where you are able to draft someone. He piled up yards and touchdowns at a higher rate than most and he was often there for me in the middle rounds. When he started to get injured on every other week, he lost all value. I am reflecting back on the middle of his career.

No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

• Originally posted by Glaw View Post

Now list the huge majority that aren't starters. It would be great if Webb gives us another 10+ years of a franchise QB play, but odds are slim. That's just the way it goes. Most 1st round QBs are not franchise worthy so the chances for a 3rd rounder is less likely. We can still hope.
                        so many more that arent then those that are

Comment

matt Flynn fooled the entire world bro.

Comment

• Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post
                            matt Flynn fooled the entire world bro.
                            Precisely which is why it's unfair to cite that in regards to our situation

Comment

Working...
                            X