Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where are all those who said Chad Wheeler had no chance of making this team?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Catabatic View Post
    If he plays good enough to earn a spot he deserves to be on the team . To suggest he is making the team because he looks good in practice. They have been saying that about everyone every year. Games tell who should make the team and who will not.
    He was talent-wise a consensus 1st-2nd round selection. He was an first team All-American after all. He was undrafted due to off-field issues and injuries that led to a poor combine performance.

Comment

Originally posted by NYG9289 View Post

I'll gladly get banned for being right again. My life doesn't revolve around these message boards. LMAO
      I don't understand your reasoning . Is this it? I'll show you I will get myself banned.

Comment

Hell make the team, but he isn't goin to start

Don't act all high and mighty though, even a broken clock is right 2x per day
        Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Call me an idiot, but I hardly think a player playing a few reps with the first team in the first week of training camp means that he's making the team. I love the overreaction we see here year-after-year during training camp.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantterp View Post
            Call me an idiot, but I hardly think a player playing a few reps with the first team in the first week of training camp means that he's making the team. I love the overreaction we see here year-after-year during training camp.
            Overreaction on these boards?

come on now.

Comment

Guy gets 3 practice snaps with the 1st string in early August, and now he's on his way to Canton. lol

Comment

He was talent-wise a consensus 1st-2nd round selection. He was an first team All-American after all. He was undrafted due to off-field issues and injuries that led to a poor combine performance.
                He was first team PAC 12. However, your opinion on Wheeler is shared by a lot of people and I feel more confident about him making the team after reading this article:

http://nyg.247sports.com/Bolt/Chad-W...eport-52688732
                We all that we got!

Comment

Originally posted by Giantterp View Post
                  I would, but I don't want the ban...

Comment

I'll gladly get banned for being right again. My life doesn't revolve around these message boards. LMAO
                    I hope the kid pans out but you are far from right yet. Has the final 53 set yet??
                    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post

I hope the kid pans out but you are far from right yet. Has the final 53 set yet??
                      No it hasn't. But if you and others go back and read my posts, you'll realize that nothing that I said ever cemented him into any group from the 53-man roster to the HOF (as one poster mentioned).. Everything I attributed to Wheeler was based purely on fact (All-American, good comments from coaches and reporters, first team snaps, depth chart position, etc.). All facts. It's others that are making things up and whining on the boards because I simply called some posters the same name that tons of these boards call our players and coaches every single week of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by SG88 View Post

He was first team PAC 12. However, your opinion on Wheeler is shared by a lot of people and I feel more confident about him making the team after reading this article:

http://nyg.247sports.com/Bolt/Chad-W...eport-52688732
                        Well said and good article.

Comment

The article was reassuring but I want to point out for levity that I had also read respected prospect analysts write he don't have the size or really even the ceiling of a franchise LT...essentially it was claimed he didn't have the length and actual athleticism to combat NFL caliber de.
                          but I like this article more bc it makes me hopeful we got a steal. Just not sold yet.

Comment

it was 4 months...
                            I'm pretty sure it was a year, sport. I was a mod for several years up until a few months ago, and I seem to recall a much longer ban than 4 months.

Either way, it appears that you still haven't learned a lesson, which hardly qualifies you as a "genius", unless a heavy dose of sarcasm comes with it
                            The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

I guess Dunker's short stint with the Gmen is over. He was waived today to make room for another UDFA who was cut by another team in April.

Dunker hurt his ankle and left practice and did not practice the following day then got released. If he clears waivers the Giant's can reclaim him and put him on injured reserve
                              Football has been very, very good to us.
                              After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                              But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                              2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                              3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                              4-New York Giants!!!
                              5-NE
                              Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post

I'm pretty sure it was a year, sport. I was a mod for several years up until a few months ago, and I seem to recall a much longer ban than 4 months.

Either way, it appears that you still haven't learned a lesson, which hardly qualifies you as a "genius", unless a heavy dose of sarcasm comes with it
                                First, it happened after the Vikings or Packers game this past regular season, and I'm already back and have had access since February. Therefore, it was not a year, sport. Second, why is it alright then for fans to call the coaches and players worse names and not get banned? Does it not go both ways? Seems like you have something to learn.

Comment

Working...
                                X