Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where are all those who said Chad Wheeler had no chance of making this team?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well we all can hope it was first game jitters cause we're in trouble with this unit and I was hoping against hope that we would strike lightening with him and 6th round pick Bisnowaty. Dallas did it with some UDFAs that became stars
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post

He looked almost as bad as Hart, which was bad indeed. Flowers looked a tad bit improved. Didn't really key in on Bisnowaty though, just a few snaps. He looked shaky
      Sadly we can go back to threads from the last two pre Seasons and see the same kind of negative posts about this pathetic line. History repeating itself for a 3rd year in a row at least. We fans may have to suffer through another season of falling short due to Reese sitting on his hands. It's could of been a season of promise cause all the other pieces are in place except the same Achilles's Heel, AGAIN!!!
      Football has been very, very good to us.
      After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
      But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
      2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
      3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
      4-New York Giants!!!
      5-NE
      Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

He can't block a paper football.

Edit:
        He is definitely a Number 2. Just not in the same context the OP thinks he is.
        Last edited by TEM; 08-11-2017, 10:45 PM.
        The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

He was awful tonight

Comment

I used to ***** about JR and the LB's and TE's. The TE's look real promising and the LB's seem to have merit.
            I'm down to the Oline and rightfully so.
            sigpic

LT - Carson - Kelley - Van Pelt

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
              I'm sitting in the stadium right now and just wanted to chime into this thread to say that this kid looks like one of the worst offensive linemen that I have ever seen

... as you were
              Yes he was bad tonight.
              The idiots are back in charge.
              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                this is all it takes to be deemed and "idiot"........lol

OT CHAD WHEELER
                McAdoo wanted to get a better look at Chad Wheeler today, so he threw the undrafted rookie from USC out with the first team for a few snaps. He got “beat like a drum” on the first play but “hung in there nicely” after that. Wheeler, who is one of the tallest players on the team at 6-foot-7 and 312 pounds, has been backing up left tackle Ereck Flowers, but he got a chance to show what he could do from that position today with the top unit.
                “I see a young, talented player,” McAdoo said. “He’s a physical player, but he’s a young player that can bend well. He is working on the fundamental part of the game. Seems to get football.” WATCH VIDEO CLIP
                This post makes zero sense whatsoever

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
                  I'm sitting in the stadium right now and just wanted to chime into this thread to say that this kid looks like one of the worst offensive linemen that I have ever seen

... as you were
                  Quite possibly the dumbest post ever written on these boards. Did you watch from your seat in the 6th row again or somewhere else? You going to tell us about your "one tryout at training camp" decades ago to prove some nonexistent point here? News flash, no one cares. Just because you're a moderator doesn't make you some all-knowing king. You're a figurehead whose opinion matters just as much as the next guy's.

Comment

Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post

Well, obviously you're an idiot now, if the OP has anything to say about it
                    Your words, not mine

Comment

Originally posted by Giant stuck in Texas View Post
                      He didn't look any better on tv either.
                      He looked fine actually. Had one bad play in the second quarter and one bad play in the third. Most of the entire third when he got his main time on the field he was handling his pass blocking nicely. Two sacks came from the other side of the field (but let's blame Wheeler!). Got downfield on his run plays and drove a couple guys off the ball. Fundamentally sound pass blocking giving Geno ample time to throw.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                        He was awful tonight
                        This is not true. He was solid and had a few first game miscues as did almost everyone on the line tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post
                          He can't block a paper football.

Edit:
                          He is definitely a Number 2. Just not in the same context the OP thinks he is.
                          First Team All Americans can block paper footballs. He is a number 2 right now, though. That is correct.

Comment

The critics are harsh as hell and the OP overstated his current talent. Preseason football at its finest. You think this place is bad now? Wait till the real games start. Wheeler will end up on the PS at worst. They gave him one of the biggest bonuses in undrafted FA history. Sorry to disappoint some of you, but he isn't going anywhere. He has plenty of upside. I think that I will take the coaches' takes on the matter seriously instead of the ones on here on either side of the Wheeler debate.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SG88 View Post
                              The critics are harsh as hell and the OP overstated his current talent. Preseason football at its finest. You think this place is bad now? Wait till the real games start. Wheeler will end up on the PS at worst. They gave him one of the biggest bonuses in undrafted FA history. Sorry to disappoint some of you, but he isn't going anywhere. He has plenty of upside. I think that I will take the coaches' takes on the matter seriously instead of the ones on here on either side of the Wheeler debate.
                              Fair post, but what did I overstate? Everything in my first post is factual. What was overstated?

Comment

Originally posted by NYG9289 View Post

Fair post, but what did I overstate? Everything in my first post is factual. What was overstated?
                                You're right. You didn't say anything out of the ordinary when it comes to players on the team. I've seen people on here (prominent members) be just as excited about Ojomo, Brett Jones, and Bobby Hart. It is whatever to me. They're just clowning on you because you called people idiots. I've retired from the clowning game.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X