Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where are all those who said Chad Wheeler had no chance of making this team?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post
    Would you agree that Flowers looked somewhat improved? He seemed to be more centered and balanced than he was in the past

    I think it was the very first snap with Wheeler and Bisnowaty out there in which they both got destroyed to the point of being embarrassing. Both of them may as well have just stepped aside at the snap, because their guys just pushed them backwards like a rag doll. In fact, Papa and Banks couldn't tell exactly who was responsible for the sack, because the DE's got there so fast. Had to watch the replay to find out for sure that it was Wheeler's guy
    Flowers looked ok I guess .... hard to tell when the interior is collapsing so quick

    he didn't look good ... but he looked ok

    Comment


    • #92
      Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post

      Flowers looked ok I guess .... hard to tell when the interior is collapsing so quick

      he didn't look good ... but he looked ok
      Yes on Flowers and Wheeler looked frighteningly bad in pass protection against their 2's.
      No one remembers who came in second.

      Comment


      • #93
        Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post

        agreed
        And this is why they better be calling Brandon Albert. I'm not saying that he is Jackie Slater, but he is in comparison to the tackles that the giants currently have on their roster. It is amazing how excited we are on here when Flowers is close to being average for a period of a game.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #94
          Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post

          Being the #2 on this OL just means that you suck just a little bit more than the guy ahead of you, which isn't saying much.
          DH I am starting to believe the entire system is bad.
          The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

          Comment


          • #95
            Originally posted by SG88 View Post

            And this is why they better be calling Brandon Albert. I'm not saying that he is Jackie Slater, but he is in comparison to the tackles that the giants currently have on their roster. It is amazing how excited we are on here when Flowers is close to being average for a period of a game.
            With very little knowledge about Albert and his current skills...............why does any NFL team release a competent OT at this stage of camp?
            Wouldn't they at least try to peddle him to a team in need of such a player, like us? They simply cut him..............just like we cut Mykele Thompson. I am just looking for a way to understand this.
            No one remembers who came in second.

            Comment


            • #96
              Originally posted by jomo View Post

              With very little knowledge about Albert and his current skills...............why does any NFL team release a competent OT at this stage of camp?
              Wouldn't they at least try to peddle him to a team in need of such a player, like us? They simply cut him..............just like we cut Mykele Thompson. I am just looking for a way to understand this.
              The situation is complicated. He owes them money. He also didnt show up to Jax after he was traded there. They felt disrespected and just returned the favor. Despite all of that drama, I would still bring him here. If our tackles were even average, I would not want this. They are horrible, so that is why I am so eager.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #97
                Originally posted by TEM View Post

                DH I am starting to believe the entire system is bad.
                Ehh....I suppose its possible. In fairness, though, no system is going to run smoothly without adequate protection for the QB. I was encouraged to see them change things up a little bit last night and put some new looks out there, but the OL.....ugh...

                I'm not giving up yet, because its their first live action of the year, and they DID look improved over how they looked at this point last year(which isn't saying much).

                As I've said all along this off-season, folks should really temper their expectations for this offense, because it could very well turn into a repeat performance. Thankfully, the defense looks to have picked up right where they left off, so at the very least, they should once again be able to carry the team to a good amount of wins, barring any disastrous injuries
                The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

                Comment


                • #98
                  Originally posted by SG88 View Post

                  The situation is complicated. He owes them money. He also didnt show up to Jax after he was traded there. They felt disrespected and just returned the favor. Despite all of that drama, I would still bring him here. If our tackles were even average, I would not want this. They are horrible, so that is why I am so eager.
                  I get the first part of it but still don't see why they didn't peddle him for something, anything. That is just too emotional a reaction and NFL front offices aren't stupid. I also don't understand why there isn't a stampede for his services (maybe there is and we don't know about it). Most NFL teams can use a capable OT backup or otherwise.

                  No one remembers who came in second.

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Originally posted by jomo View Post
                    I get the first part of it but still don't see why they didn't peddle him for something, anything. That is just too emotional a reaction and NFL front offices aren't stupid. I also don't understand why there isn't a stampede for his services (maybe there is and we don't know about it). Most NFL teams can use a capable OT backup or otherwise.
                    Well the news of his release is really fresh. I expect the interest to go up today or tomorrow.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post

                      Ehh....I suppose its possible. In fairness, though, no system is going to run smoothly without adequate protection for the QB. I was encouraged to see them change things up a little bit last night and put some new looks out there, but the OL.....ugh...

                      I'm not giving up yet, because its their first live action of the year, and they DID look improved over how they looked at this point last year(which isn't saying much).

                      As I've said all along this off-season, folks should really temper their expectations for this offense, because it could very well turn into a repeat performance. Thankfully, the defense looks to have picked up right where they left off, so at the very least, they should once again be able to carry the team to a good amount of wins, barring any disastrous injuries
                      I was referring to the protection system. It was not great in 15 but the Offense put up decent Yardage and TD numbers . Mike Solari becomes O-line coach and the entire system becomes worse. I just don't see how he is not a piece of the enigma that is our O-line.

                      I hope it was just knocking off first game dust. I am not overly optimistic with what I witnessed.
                      The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by TEM View Post

                        I was referring to the protection system. It was not great in 15 but the Offense put up decent Yardage and TD numbers . Mike Solari becomes O-line coach and the entire system becomes worse. I just don't see how he is not a piece of the enigma that is our O-line.

                        I hope it was just knocking off first game dust. I am not overly optimistic with what I witnessed.
                        Ahh, ok, I misunderstood.

                        The blocking scheme certainly does leave a lot to be desired. I dont know if it's Solari, or the offense itself that is dictating the blocking problems. I could very well be a combination of both
                        The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post

                          Ahh, ok, I misunderstood.

                          The blocking scheme certainly does leave a lot to be desired. I dont know if it's Solari, or the offense itself that is dictating the blocking problems. I could very well be a combination of both
                          I agree.

                          Edit:

                          My point is it is not all on the O-line players.
                          Last edited by TEM; 08-12-2017, 11:10 AM.
                          The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

                          Comment


                          • https://twitter.com/PFF_Smith/status/896364122811576320

                            LT Chad Wheeler (41 of 76 snaps) allowed 2 sacks and 2 hurries (most in the game).

                            chad wheeler had the worst Offensive Lineman performance on the field last night. That's simply a fact. I'm not offering any opinion about it. Just stating the fact.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post
                              https://twitter.com/PFF_Smith/status/896364122811576320

                              LT Chad Wheeler (41 of 76 snaps) allowed 2 sacks and 2 hurries (most in the game).

                              chad wheeler had the worst Offensive Lineman performance on the field last night. That's simply a fact. I'm not offering any opinion about it. Just stating the fact.
                              and a host of other things that pretty little twitter stat lists don't show

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post

                                Ehh....I suppose its possible. In fairness, though, no system is going to run smoothly without adequate protection for the QB. I was encouraged to see them change things up a little bit last night and put some new looks out there, but the OL.....ugh...

                                I'm not giving up yet, because its their first live action of the year, and they DID look improved over how they looked at this point last year(which isn't saying much).

                                As I've said all along this off-season, folks should really temper their expectations for this offense, because it could very well turn into a repeat performance. Thankfully, the defense looks to have picked up right where they left off, so at the very least, they should once again be able to carry the team to a good amount of wins, barring any disastrous injuries
                                You said that last year and were claiming 7 wins right? Just trying to remember. I know there were a few who went even as low as 4 or 5 and I believe I remember you being one of them.


                                we won 11 games.


                                just saying, as you've been saying all along could be interpreted as just being wrong all along not trying to be disrespectful but I've just seen you repeat this narrative about how you approach the preseason being superior than those who are optimistic...well again...see earlier.

                                and besides the players themselves think sb why can't fans?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X