Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where are all those who said Chad Wheeler had no chance of making this team?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post
    https://twitter.com/PFF_Smith/status/896364122811576320

LT Chad Wheeler (41 of 76 snaps) allowed 2 sacks and 2 hurries (most in the game).

chad wheeler had the worst Offensive Lineman performance on the field last night. That's simply a fact. I'm not offering any opinion about it. Just stating the fact.
    I`m hoping no one ( other than the OP) was surprised by all this Wheeler business. His college tape alone shows way too many flaws in a number of areas. Head scratcher as to why the Giants gave him the bonus they did.

Comment

• Originally posted by mcillo View Post

I`m hoping no one ( other than the OP) was surprised by all this Wheeler business. His college tape alone shows way too many flaws in a number of areas. Head scratcher as to why the Giants gave him the bonus they did.
      He is 6'7" 310 . With his height advantage. He should be able to get a downward push on his opponent. He should have an advantage. Some how he can't use it to gain an edge. They took a chance with a UDFA. It is only one game . I see him on the PS to hone what he should be able to do,
      The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

• Originally posted by TEM View Post

He is 6'7" 310 . With his height advantage. He should be able to get a downward push on his opponent. He should have an advantage. Some how he can't use it to gain an edge. They took a chance with a UDFA. It is only one game . I see him on the PS to hone what he should be able to do,
        With the strength to only put up 15 reps. on the bench press, I wouldn`t hold my breath.

Comment

• Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post

You said that last year and were claiming 7 wins right? Just trying to remember. I know there were a few who went even as low as 4 or 5 and I believe I remember you being one of them.

we won 11 games.

just saying, as you've been saying all along could be interpreted as just being wrong all along not trying to be disrespectful but I've just seen you repeat this narrative about how you approach the preseason being superior than those who are optimistic...well again...see earlier.

and besides the players themselves think sb why can't fans?
          I was one that was claiming 7 wins, and at the time I thought that was being optimistic. That being said, who could have predicted the defense being as good as they were? The only team to give up less points defensively was the Patriots.

The offense ranked 26th in the NFL in scoring, beating out juggernauts such as the Rams, Cleveland, Jets, Houston, Chicago, and SF. Not even the most pessimistic among us would have predicted Jacksonville putting up more points than the Giants.. but that was the reality.

My point, those who were worried about the offense last year, were right. Winning 11 games is irrelevant to the discussion when talking about how inept the offense, or the O-line was.

Nothing wrong with being optimistic, please continue to be. But, if your argument is that anyone was wrong to be concerned about the O-line or the offense in general last year... I would argue that most of us had no clue just how bad they were going to be.
          My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Comment

• I didn't see every one of his reps but I saw a couple where Wheeler was doing his best interpretation of a turnstile.
            No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

• Originally posted by brad View Post

I was one that was claiming 7 wins, and at the time I thought that was being optimistic. That being said, who could have predicted the defense being as good as they were? The only team to give up less points defensively was the Patriots.

The offense ranked 26th in the NFL in scoring, beating out juggernauts such as the Rams, Cleveland, Jets, Houston, Chicago, and SF. Not even the most pessimistic among us would have predicted Jacksonville putting up more points than the Giants.. but that was the reality.

My point, those who were worried about the offense last year, were right. Winning 11 games is irrelevant to the discussion when talking about how inept the offense, or the O-line was.

Nothing wrong with being optimistic, please continue to be. But, if your argument is that anyone was wrong to be concerned about the O-line or the offense in general last year... I would argue that most of us had no clue just how bad they were going to be.
              Dont pay him any mind. He loves doing his passive aggressive schtick by calling people out for being wrong about their previous predictions, but in the same breath, saying "not trying to be confrontational/disrespectful/etc.."

I have him on ignore, and I only saw his post because you quoted it.

They were 11-5 last year, which was great, but 90% of the credit goes to the defense. I expressed many concerns about the OL, and the offense in general based on the garbage they put on display in the pre-season last year, and I said that 7- 8 wins would be the max, at least in my opinion. As you said, however, NO ONE was predicting the defense to pull the 180 that they did. Not one person said it.

In other words, my views about the offense proved to be correct, and yet, he still felt the need to call me out, even though I was correct about the OL/Offense, but was wrong about the overall record, which, again, was because of the surprise play of the defense.

I guess I should thank you for quoting him, I needed a good laugh LOL

The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

Huh? I guess I'll respond to you and die hard together but only momentarily. Did you take what I said as being an insult to you?
                you were not alone claiming low wins. And I don't see anything wrong with you thinking that anyways I think I had us 8 and 8 at one point but went to 11 and 5 by seasons start.
                I'm not trying to be insulting I don't know why it would be. I'm just saying what you guys said. Iirc die hard even made the case for 3 or 4 wins. May be confusing him tho. But that's not an insult I don't get how it is.

and when the claim is made about how one approaches the season and then goes on to claim a win total, you are not focusing on component of the whole. Yo ure focusing on the whole. As the team as a whole wins or loses and not a bad offense or defense gets this loss but a good offensive showing gets this win...

and its also disingenuous to claim that bc you claimed 7 wins and were wrong and one claiming 3 or 4 wins would be wrong, it means you actually were still right bc you had concern over the team and bc we had a bad offense you were right. Most maybe all could recognize the overwhelming issues we have had with the team. Some didn't approach it the same way as you guys did.
                I just kind of see this mentality and this is not aimed at you brad, where it's this "I approach it this way and this way is better than your way..." And I am just responding well no. Didn't your way make you claim 3 or 4 wins or 7 whatever wins and we got 11?
                I'm not saying you're wrong in any way even I'm trying to say maybe 1 can see the same issues u can but can also see, and to be frank, more accurately, the overall team dynamics and have a diff approach to the season?

I don't mean any insult. Don't get why die hard does that shtick. But I guess it's important for him to make every one know including myself who he does and doesn't have on ignore. Bc that's a piece of info we all are dying to know. I mean c'mon now. Hopefully this response doesn't strike you as me trying to claim you're satan. I think you're really intelligent and a fellow fan. Take care
                Last edited by giantsfan420; 08-13-2017, 03:32 PM.

Comment

• And btw last year as you point out brad most everyone including those claiming 7 (like yourself) and whatever win total, was doing so because of the prior years defense. The O was top 10 iirc before last year. It was potent and no one was citing it as an albatross when claiming low win totals.
                  It was because as you admit, of the defense. So it's a bit disingenuous were one to reply "well no I was actually right. The O was garbage so bc I saw issues with the team (the defense) and claimed low wins as a result, it doesn't mean I was wrong" in such a way as to try and give credence to said approach being superior to than another.

I wasn't trying to insult anyone I don't know how it would. I wasn't trying to insult anyone by repeating what someone said. I was just trying to contrast it bc I don't think the way die hard has described his approach to the season is superior in any way. Me saying that isn t an insult and what the heck for thinking it is.

I mean seriously really that whole attack shtick is old. Trying to have one dismissed by the population here is about as lame as it can get. Point blank and its guilty of the same really.
                  Last edited by giantsfan420; 08-13-2017, 03:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post

Huh? I guess I'll respond to you and die hard together but only momentarily. Did you take what I said as being an insult to you?
                    you were not alone claiming low wins. And I don't see anything wrong with you thinking that anyways I think I had us 8 and 8 at one point but went to 11 and 5 by seasons start.
                    I'm not trying to be insulting I don't know why it would be. I'm just saying what you guys said. Iirc die hard even made the case for 3 or 4 wins. May be confusing him tho. But that's not an insult I don't get how it is.

and when the claim is made about how one approaches the season and then goes on to claim a win total, you are not focusing on component of the whole. Yo ure focusing on the whole. As the team as a whole wins or loses and not a bad offense or defense gets this loss but a good offensive showing gets this win...

and its also disingenuous to claim that bc you claimed 7 wins and were wrong and one claiming 3 or 4 wins would be wrong, it means you actually were still right bc you had concern over the team and bc we had a bad offense you were right. Most maybe all could recognize the overwhelming issues we have had with the team. Some didn't approach it the same way as you guys did.
                    I just kind of see this mentality and this is not aimed at you brad, where it's this "I approach it this way and this way is better than your way..." And I am just responding well no. Didn't your way make you claim 3 or 4 wins or 7 whatever wins and we got 11?
                    I'm not saying you're wrong in any way even I'm trying to say maybe 1 can see the same issues u can but can also see, and to be frank, more accurately, the overall team dynamics and have a diff approach to the season?

I don't mean any insult. Don't get why die hard does that shtick. But I guess it's important for him to make every one know including myself who he does and doesn't have on ignore. Bc that's a piece of info we all are dying to know. I mean c'mon now. Hopefully this response doesn't strike you as me trying to claim you're satan. I think you're really intelligent and a fellow fan. Take care
                    I didn't take what you said as an insult. I appreciate your respect, and try to show the same to all but a few extreme posters myself.

What I was commenting on was your suggestion that 11 wins somehow discredited the concerns so many had about the O-line, and offense in general. As it turned out, no one predicted just how bad the offense would be. Those early concerns were valid last year, and so far this year I don't see any indication they are wrong this year.
                    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Comment

• Originally posted by mcillo View Post

With the strength to only put up 15 reps. on the bench press, I wouldn`t hold my breath.
                      His shoulder surgery might have something to do with his BP.
                      The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

• Some of you guys better go back and watch the game. Protection was not that bad. Yeah, they made some boneheaded plays, but overall, they weren't completely over matched

Comment

I didn't take what you said as an insult. I appreciate your respect, and try to show the same to all but a few extreme posters myself.

What I was commenting on was your suggestion that 11 wins somehow discredited the concerns so many had about the O-line, and offense in general. As it turned out, no one predicted just how bad the offense would be. Those early concerns were valid last year, and so far this year I don't see any indication they are wrong this year.
                          Oh I wouldn't argue either of those points fwiw I agree with you in full. I guess I was not clear which wouldn't be a first but I was just responding to the notion there is 1 way to approach the year and it betters than anyone else's...that was all and why I cited the 7 win comment thing. Not bc there wasn't actual reason to believe so as I agree with you and likely agreed with u back then (I would bet u could find me quoting a claim of 4 wins by saying I see why you hold that to be true but here's why I believe you will be wrong etc)...and the reasoning would be fair as far as I'm concerned and as far as I'm concerned matters nothing lol but what I was trying to cite was there isn't actually a better way regardless of whether one wants to claim so or not.

I personally see if the players think sb why shouldn't I but at the same time of course it goes much further than that and even with that said that's just how I personally do it and I don't feel its better than how anyone else wishes to approach the season themselves.

see what I was trying to get at?

Comment

Working...
                          X