Cross-coaching the players

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cross-coaching the players

This is something that I've always believed was very smart, and should be done in business but that's another story.

The idea of teaching one group to think from the other's perspective is extremely smart IMO.

I have to say that last year's offense aside, I do like what I've seen from McAdoo so far.

http://nypost.com/2017/08/10/giants-...ching-program/

Interesting certainly. To learn the way an opponent will try to beat you deserves more than 15 minutes. Good use of time by the HC. I'd like to see some other innovative items in schemes and play calling as well.

Comment

I really like this idea. Good for the players, and you never know what the coaches may learn from players on the other side of the ball. If nothing else, it should instill even more team chemistry.

Comment

makes total sense and seems like an obvious tool. Why wouldnt a running back, for example, want to know how the LBs are coached as far as what to look for on run plays??

I kind of assumed this was a semi normal thing??
        "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
        You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
          makes total sense and seems like an obvious tool. Why wouldnt a running back, for example, want to know how the LBs are coached as far as what to look for on run plays??

I kind of assumed this was a semi normal thing??
          I've never heard about anyone doing it before.

Comment

some of the younger coaches employ this method ... if I am not mistaken Mike McCarthy was among the first of them on the pro level to do it

I love it

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
              some of the younger coaches employ this method ... if I am not mistaken Mike McCarthy was among the first of them on the pro level to do it

I love it
              makes total sense
              "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
              You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
                This is something that I've always believed was very smart, and should be done in business but that's another story.

The idea of teaching one group to think from the other's perspective is extremely smart IMO.

I have to say that last year's offense aside, I do like what I've seen from McAdoo so far.

http://nypost.com/2017/08/10/giants-...ching-program/
                I like this guy...seems to be a thinker and open...now let's talk about those playcalling duties.
                eli acted a little spoiled , he isnt a team player. he cares about his career only as he did during the 2004 draft. he did not mentor webb …Harooni

i have to look it up i think a few starting qb's have sat out a few games once eliminated…Harooni

Comment

What this is new ? Of course I love studying what other teams are going to do to beat you. I must be missing something.

I guess a different point of view perhaps can't hurt, a different voice. I guess it can only help I would give it a legitimate shot with 100% effort. Every bit of knowledge could help.
                  Last edited by That Guy Rich; 08-10-2017, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by That Guy Rich View Post
                    What this is new ? Of course I love studying what other teams are going to do to beat you. I must be missing something.

I guess a different point of view perhaps can't hurt, a different voice. I guess it can only help I would give it a legitimate shot with 100% effort. Every bit of knowledge could help.
                    I would assume that back in the good ol' days, many players were on both sides of the ball, and this was automatic back then.

I did not participate in any organized football, but would also assume at the younger / lower levels even these days, the better players or teams with small rosters would again have guys on both sides of the ball. Not sure at what level (college?), this becomes rare or not done at all.

Comment

Originally posted by That Guy Rich View Post

what you are missing is that most NFL coaches in the history of the league have not had defensive players meet and study with offensive coaches... and vice versa

and honestly for a good portion of this leagues history the two sides of the ball were basically treated as if they were different teams

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post

what you are missing is that most NFL coaches in the history of the league have not had defensive players meet and study with offensive coaches... and vice versa

and honestly for a good portion of this leagues history the two sides of the ball were basically treated as if they were different teams
                        Sun Tzu knew this 2500 years ago.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.” The Art of War
                        Never go to battle with the intellectually unarmed.

Comment

If even 1 player makes a great play this year because of a tidbit of how the opposition was coached, then to me it's all worth it. Regardless, it's "outside the box" type thinking from BM which speaks to his own personal stamp he is putting on this franchise. Good stuff.
                          sigpic Verbally I'm untouchable like Eliot Ness.

Comment

Surprised this isn't common practice in the NFL

To quote Sun Tzu "If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat"
                            Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Originally posted by NAVY2323 View Post
                              If even 1 player makes a great play this year because of a tidbit of how the opposition was coached, then to me it's all worth it. Regardless, it's "outside the box" type thinking from BM which speaks to his own personal stamp he is putting on this franchise. Good stuff.
                              Macadoodle has been doing it right. Hard reps in camp. Positive outlook. no complaints about the doodle so far.

Comment

Working...
                              X