Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Davis Webb or Tom Brady?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Davis Webb or Tom Brady?

    Without cheating, being completely honest with yourself, could you tell which one of these college highlight films is Tom Brady and which is Davis Webb?

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyvERacmKpY

    versus

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdgpPZJSC_Q


    Just goes to show how really difficult it is to scout the QB position.

  • #2
    some points i noticed:

    1. notice the zip on the ball Tom brady has is just that much more than webb has

    2. Both have a quick release, but davis webb appears to be slightly quicker

    3. both show touch on the ball putting it where it needs to be, BUt Tom Brady is second to none with consistency in ball placement even in college. He routinely hits the Wr in stride making it look easy. Webb is pretty dang good at it also though.

    4. Both show poise in the pocket.

    5. Brady Looks to move with ease & keep his eyes down field better in pocket or moving from the pocket. Webb gets a bit more out of sync when plays are starting to break down. it's uncanny how well brady can just hang in there and deliver strikes anyway.

    6. Brady is unquestionably overall more accurate with the football. At times it is pinpoint accurate from Brady, & he does that consistently. But I do like what i see from Webb.

    7. They are both tall, lean, athletic Qbs.

    8. Tom Brady has excellent mechanics. Steps into the throws. Throws off the front foot.

    What do you guys see?
    Last edited by bigpoppy; 08-11-2017, 12:56 PM.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post
      some points i noticed:



      What do you guys see?
      someone with too much time on their hands...lol

      Hey.....if Webb tuns into some of what Brady has become the Giants will be ok going forward if he winds up being the starter at some point in time
      "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
      You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by GameTime View Post

        someone with too much time on their hands...lol

        Hey.....if Webb tuns into some of what Brady has become the Giants will be ok going forward if he winds up being the starter at some point in time
        yep. vacation lol

        Comment


        • #5
          Webb has a faster release; uses more wrist and Webb has nice mobility. UMich line was better than Cal.

          Comment


          • #6
            Brady has never had god like individual talent, he's benefited from amazing surrounding factors his entire career (most notably the best play calling in the game, and usually god tier pass blocking as well) but to his credit he's incredibly smart and he just happens to be one of the guys who comes through when the lights come on regardless of his natural abilities, anyone can become a legend on sundays where things just happen

            Scouting QBs is not that hard teams are just that bad, I'm just a fan and I'm hardly ever wrong about any of the QBs I take a good look at before the draft, it's hard to find diamonds in the rough at the position like Brady and Prescott because any QUARTERBACK with any talent teams are all over

            Only notable QB I can think of in recent years I was wrong about was Mariota I thought he'd be just decent but he may turn our much better than I thought, when Derek Carr came out I thought he was an absolute no brainer #1 overall pick but.. teams are bad lol

            As for this year's draft as ive said all along.. Mitch will be good to great (only one Id spend a 1st round pick on and I think he was well worth trading up to #2 for) Mahomes will be average to good, Webb and Peterman have a chance to be pretty good, and the rest of the higher end names will be trash

            It'​​​​​​s not hard to recognize what will translate unless it's skewed by a complete bs offensive scheme in which case, in a scouting report im holding that against you
            Last edited by Eliordie; 08-11-2017, 03:18 PM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post
              some points i noticed:

              1. notice the zip on the ball Tom brady has is just that much more than webb has

              2. Both have a quick release, but davis webb appears to be slightly quicker

              3. both show touch on the ball putting it where it needs to be, BUt Tom Brady is second to none with consistency in ball placement even in college. He routinely hits the Wr in stride making it look easy. Webb is pretty dang good at it also though.

              4. Both show poise in the pocket.

              5. Brady Looks to move with ease & keep his eyes down field better in pocket or moving from the pocket. Webb gets a bit more out of sync when plays are starting to break down. it's uncanny how well brady can just hang in there and deliver strikes anyway.

              6. Brady is unquestionably overall more accurate with the football. At times it is pinpoint accurate from Brady, & he does that consistently. But I do like what i see from Webb.

              7. They are both tall, lean, athletic Qbs.

              8. Tom Brady has excellent mechanics. Steps into the throws. Throws off the front foot.

              What do you guys see?
              ok Big Poppy,
              I`m not for comparing the two, they are markedly different. Webb has wrist strength like Vince Young and if you watch, he can run with the ball high and still get it down field. He is even able to pull this off while going back and the rush in his face. This makes it tough for defenders to tip his balls and also difficult for defenders to get a jump on where/when he is throwing. He doesn`t need to wind up or pull back. His dump off seems to be the deep ball under pressure.
              Hope he can convert these. I`ll take break-away TD`s over accuracy stats any day.

              Comment


              • #8
                What are the odds of me seeing another great Giants QB in my life time? I saw Simms, I saw manning. I'm in my early 40's.

                I doubt I see anyone break Eli's records
                Long Live the King

                Comment


                • #9
                  I have always wondered how Brady lasted to the 6th round. How did 32 GMs overlook him 6 times?

                  Did he not show anything in college? Just never could figure that one out.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Well, you start by watching full games, not highlights.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Gee718 View Post
                      What are the odds of me seeing another great Giants QB in my life time? I saw Simms, I saw manning. I'm in my early 40's.

                      I doubt I see anyone break Eli's records

                      Eli is durable and his longevity has benefitted him immensely. if he continues to stay healthy it will be a long time before any Giants qb breaks his records imo.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Yup. One is throwing with a deflated football.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by PRGiant View Post
                          Well, you start by watching full games, not highlights.
                          lol dude... i dunno about you, but i'm on vacation and i still don't have tie to do that. when they start paying me lots of dough to scout, then i will definitely start watching full games. deal?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                            Yup. One is throwing with a deflated football.
                            rofl! hahahahaha awesome

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Eliordie View Post
                              Brady has never had god like individual talent, he's benefited from amazing surrounding factors his entire career (most notably the best play calling in the game, and usually god tier pass blocking as well) but to his credit he's incredibly smart and he just happens to be one of the guys who comes through when the lights come on regardless of his natural abilities, anyone can become a legend on sundays where things just happen

                              Scouting QBs is not that hard teams are just that bad, I'm just a fan and I'm hardly ever wrong about any of the QBs I take a good look at before the draft, it's hard to find diamonds in the rough at the position like Brady and Prescott because any QUARTERBACK with any talent teams are all over

                              Only notable QB I can think of in recent years I was wrong about was Mariota I thought he'd be just decent but he may turn our much better than I thought, when Derek Carr came out I thought he was an absolute no brainer #1 overall pick but.. teams are bad lol

                              As for this year's draft as ive said all along.. Mitch will be good to great (only one Id spend a 1st round pick on and I think he was well worth trading up to #2 for) Mahomes will be average to good, Webb and Peterman have a chance to be pretty good, and the rest of the higher end names will be trash

                              It'​​​​​​s not hard to recognize what will translate unless it's skewed by a complete bs offensive scheme in which case, in a scouting report im holding that against you
                              ok. i'm looking forward to you scouting report of 2018 QB class. Got any early thoughts?
                              Last edited by bigpoppy; 08-11-2017, 05:44 PM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X