Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOTEBOOK: Justin Pugh Opens At Right Tackle

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/gia...t-right-tackle

Excerpt: "Justin Pugh made his Giants debut at right tackle in rookie camp.

The Giants drafted Pugh saying he can play guard, tackle or even center. But the fact that he was at right tackle during both practices on the first day of rookie camp could be an indication that Pugh may have a shot to be in the mix in the competition at right tackle.

David Diehl and James Brewer are expected to compete to start at the spot. But if Pugh impresses the coaches, the first-round pick could have a shot at starting.

Pugh played left tackle during his three seasons at Syracuse but began practicing at right tackle as soon as Syracuse's season ended.

"I have been working on my right tackle stance ever since then so it feels a lot better now," Pugh said of getting acclimated to the spot. "And just keep getting more and more reps, keep getting live reps against guys and as it gets better, it will get easier.

"I played some right [tackle] when I was in practice but never in a game," he added. "When I got to the Senior Bowl, played a little right guard, right tackle, so I got more and more comfortable. I played right guard in high school. But I am comfortable with the right side." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

He better start, considering he was taken with the 19th pick..
    Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
      Yes Ma'am
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Good news. Add another starter to the list. If he continues to excel. He certainly seems to want to do his best and be better. I like this kid, so far.

Comment

Only 1 rookie Giant ever has started in his rookie campaign under TC, and he had to marry into the Coughlin family to get that concession.

Im not saying Pugh won't start, but people need to understand how reluctant TC is to put them in early on. Curb your early expectations.
          sigpic

Comment

Maybe Coughlin has no choice but to start him????

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
              Only 1 rookie Giant ever has started in his rookie campaign under TC, and he had to marry into the Coughlin family to get that concession.

Im not saying Pugh won't start, but people need to understand how reluctant TC is to put them in early on. Curb your early expectations.
              I'd say that since his competition is pure dog ****, if he doesn't start, there's something seriously wrong..

Comment

Does Coughlin have another daughter he can introduce Pugh to? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Cool Papa B. View Post
                  Does Coughlin have another daughter he can introduce Pugh to? LOL
                  LOL

Comment

Only 1 rookie Giant ever has started in his rookie campaign under TC, and he had to marry into the Coughlin family to get that concession. Im not saying Pugh won't start, but people need to understand how reluctant TC is to put them in early on. Curb your early expectations.
                    We need a RT, it almost seems he has no choice BUT to start.

Comment

Whether it's the first overall pick or the 19th overall pick, I've always considered it a luxury if your rookie did not have to start. But man do I want to see Diehl removed from the starting lineup.

Comment

We need a RT, it almost seems he has no choice BUT to start.
                        I hope you are right my bro.

I dont think I can stand watching DD
                        *IF HE HAS NOT IMPROVED...

Stand with Cruz!

Comment

Originally posted by giantscolombia View Post
                          I hope you are right my lady I dont think I can stand watching DD *IF HE HAS NOT IMPROVED...
                          He barely has competition!

Comment

I think if he doesn't start, it would only mean he needed to clean up the fundamentals of switching to RT and that we would see him eventually. I also think it is always a luxury (like another poster commented) if you can have your rookies sit and learn for a bit, I also think that takes away some of the pressure of being an instant impact player and lets them focus on the position and assignments more. That being said I do think we will see Pugh start or be elevated to a starter very soon after the season begins.

I also can not remember the last time we have had so many big bodies at camp, it will be interesting to see if any of these guys make it through the cuts, I am a fan of Herman and am really hoping he makes a good impression on the coaching staff.

Comment

If he is our starter on opening day, that would be exciting and we would have upgraded 1 out of 5 slots along the OL this off season. The others, at their ages will either replicate or deteriorate from their medioce performance last year. (hard to imagine Baas, Snee, Beatty or Boothe having any additional individual upside). Maybe a slight upgrade for the overall unit with Pugh and improved depth.
                              No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Working...
                              X