Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damontre Moore Being Groomed To Be Hybrid LB/DE

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...groomed_t.html

Excerpt: "It’s called the "joker" position at Texas A&M, a hybrid linebacker/defensive end role in which Damontre Moore would rush from a stand-up position or with his hand on the ground.
    Sound familiar?

The Giants have turned that job description into an art form with their use of Mathias Kiwanuka the past several seasons, and it seems the team has similar plans for Moore. He certainly has the résumé.

Moore, the Giants’ third-round pick (81st overall), had 12.5 sacks and 21 tackles for a loss last season as a junior. His 26.5 career sacks over three seasons rank sixth in school history. He finished with 45 tackles for a loss.

"My first two years, that’s all I did was stand-up rush," Moore said Friday during the first day of the Giants two-day rookie minicamp at the Timex Performance Center in East Rutherford. "Then, this year, I switched it up and did mainly hand down.

"Overall, I did more rushing standing up than with my hand on the ground throughout my college career. But I think with me having done both it gives me a good, diverse background to make that transition (to the NFL)." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

The answer to moving Kiwanuka back to full time DE
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
      The answer to moving Kiwanuka back to full time DE
      Is apparently getting another Kiwi...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Everyone is going to hate this because they won't know where to put him in madden.

Same reason they can't stand kiwi playing both

Comment

Hopefully this doesnt ruin his career like it did Kiwi's

Stand with Cruz!

Comment

Michael Cox - RB - Giants
            Giants agreed to terms with No. 253 overall pick RB Michael Cox on a four-year contract.
            The second to last pick of the draft, Cox has a power-back pedigree the Giants can fall back on if injury-prone runner Andre Brown can't survive camp unscathed. Cox's most likely home is the practice squad.
            Player Outlook
            Game Log
            Career Stats
            Draft Advice
            Aaron Curry - LB - Giants
            Giants signed LB Aaron Curry, formerly of the Raiders.
            Curry, 27, has made 39 career starts primarily as a strong-side linebacker in Seattle and Oakland. He appeared in only two games last year due to chronic knee soreness. Ostensibly healthy, Curry will fight for snaps at SAM 'backer with Keith Rivers and/or Mark Herzlich. The Giants' linebacker depth chart is wide open, so Curry has found a good spot to potentially resurrect his career.
            Player Outlook
            Game Log
            Career Stats
            Draft Advice
            Damontre Moore - DL - Giants
            Giants signed No. 81 pick DE Damontre Moore to a four-year contract.
            Although Moore needs work in an NFL weight room, he was a legitimately great college football player, posting eight of his 12.5 sacks against SEC competition last season. As a rookie, he'll be developed as the No. 4 end behind Justin Tuck, Jason Pierre-Paul, and Mathias Kiwanuka. Moore is nearly 6-foot-5 and 250 pounds with long arms. He's a likely nickel rusher at worst by 2014.
            Player Outlook
            Game Log
            Career Stats
            Draft Advice
            Johnathan Hankins - DL - Giants
            Giants agreed to terms with No. 49 overall pick DT Johnathan Hankins on a four-year contract.
            Hankins is capable of swallowing up opposing running backs at 6-foot-3, 320 pounds, but flashed an inconsistent motor in the Big 10. He also turned in an underwhelming 5.31 in the 40-yard dash, and painfully-slow 1.82 ten-yard split. He'll have to prove he's ready to work at an NFL level before siphoning snaps from NT Linval Joseph.
            Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

Comment

I do not know why but I feel something really good is going to come out of this Damontre Moore kid. Everything about him I like.

Comment

I really don't think he has the speed to do well at the LB position.

Comment

I like when players can express themselves and actually sound like they went to school.....
                  Giants seems to go after players with smarts as well as physical skills....
                  Can hear that in Pugh as well
                  "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                  You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

I love the idea of a varied defensive scheme which keeps the offense guessing. Not sure we have the right guy designing those schemes, calling the D sets and making mid game adjustments to take full advantage of the flexibility it offers.
                    No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Chaos View Post
                      I really don't think he has the speed to do well at the LB position.
                      He isnt going to be expected to go sideline to sideline

Comment

Sack artist. His best bet is to pack on some weight and try and become serviceable against the run.
                        Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

I hate when they do this. You want a linebaker get one! Don't take a defense of end and make him play hybrid.. It's just illogial.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ALLnygIN View Post
                            I hate when they do this. You want a linebacker get one! Don't take a defense of end and make him play hybrid.. It's just illogial.
                            Yeah I can't say I'm the biggest fan of this either. Not sure why we do this. Hopefully it works out for the best but who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by WR4Life View Post
                              Yeah I can't say I'm the biggest fan of this either. Not sure why we do this. Hopefully it works out for the best but who knows.
                              The Seahawks sort of do this with Bruce Irvin (their 1st round pick in 2012) and managed to generate 8 sacks and a good amount of pressure out of the rookie by playing him in this hybrid role. If you watched the Packers-Seahawks game last year, you will recall Irvin was a huge part in keeping Rodgers from making those deep pass plays because he kept abusing the RT. Moore looked better on tape when he stood up and rushed the passer opposed to playing with his hand in the dirt so maybe this is what the Giants think they can get out of Moore.

Comment

Working...
                              X