Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First half observations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • First half observations

    Josh Johnson needs to go, Geno is our backup like it or not.
    Richburg, soft, stop the crap with him on the ranch, all I care about is him making blocks..........
    Fluker making bad reads
    Our tight ends all look good....Ellison and Adams and Engram
    Running backs all look good
    Nice 52 yarder by Rosas
    Flowers C grade
    3rd and short, guess what happened?
    Landon Collins, beast
    Kerry Wynn wants to be a bigger part of this team
    More later..........
    No one remembers who came in second.

  • #2
    flowers looked better than a C. wheeler looks awful... flowers may have missed one assignment...none of us knows.... other than that he has done everything right from what i could see....

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post
      flowers looked better than a C. wheeler looks awful... flowers may have missed one assignment...none of us knows.... other than that he has done everything right from what i could see....
      Yeah, I'm not sure what Flowers has done to get a C, he's playing so much better with his feet, hands and keep defenders in front of him

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post
        flowers looked better than a C. wheeler looks awful... flowers may have missed one assignment...none of us knows.... other than that he has done everything right from what i could see....
        OK, C to me means ordinary, not necessarily a hard knock on him. He only got torched once so I guess that is progress.
        It is always hard to know who the Steelers are sending at him but if it was their starter, it would be better.
        No one remembers who came in second.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by drewz View Post

          Yeah, I'm not sure what Flowers has done to get a C, he's playing so much better with his feet, hands and keep defenders in front of him
          Yes, see other post, I grade tough but if the bar is based on last year, he is showing better. Again this depends on who the Steelers are sending at him
          No one remembers who came in second.

          Comment


          • #6
            Run blocking up the middle is still awful. Ellison has his work cut out.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by jomo View Post

              OK, C to me means ordinary, not necessarily a hard knock on him. He only got torched once so I guess that is progress.
              It is always hard to know who the Steelers are sending at him but if it was their starter, it would be better.
              there were two sacs... one was tj watt (JJ watss brother) who came in untouched... did flowers miss his assignment?

              i don't think so because he pulled out to block the LB in the second level.. maybe he was running the wrong play? only the coaches know.....

              The other sac(the first one) was clearly richburgs fault...flowers was engaged richburgs guy got pushed right into the backfield QB ran right into flowers man ...no left tackle in league would have any different of a result in that situation... can't blame flowers for that one

              both plays were steelers first rounders on the play i think both times was tj watt? not sure
              Last edited by bigpoppy; 08-11-2017, 07:43 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Liverbnz View Post
                Run blocking up the middle is still awful. Ellison has his work cut out.
                Ellison doesn't have to establish his blocking cred which is superior. I am impressed with how he move in the passing game.
                No one remembers who came in second.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by jomo View Post

                  Ellison doesn't have to establish his blocking cred which is superior. I am impressed with how he move in the passing game.
                  I was talking about the OL and work Ellison will have to do to make up for their poor run blocking.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Jerrell Adams does look good. He threw an helacious block in the first half the likes of which Donnell and Tye didn't do between them in two years.
                    No one remembers who came in second.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post

                      there were two sacs... one was tj watt (JJ watss brother) who came in untouched... did flowers miss his assignment?

                      i don't think so because he pulled out to block the LB in the second level.. maybe he was running the wrong play? only the coaches know.....

                      The other sac(the first one) was clearly richburgs fault...flowers was engaged richburgs guy got pushed right into the backfield QB ran right into flowers man ...no left tackle in league would have any different of a result in that situation... can't blame flowers for that one

                      both plays were steelers first rounders on the play i think both times was tj watt? not sure
                      I agree with all of this.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I thought that Bromley looked good.

                        Happy with Ellison. The FB Smith showed he can catch.

                        Deayon is not not helping himself.

                        Was sort of disappointed with Goodson
                        Last edited by TCHOF; 08-11-2017, 07:58 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                          I thought that Bromley looked good.

                          Happy with Ellison. The FB Smith showed he can catch.

                          Deayon is not not helping himself.

                          Was sort of disappointed with Goodson
                          Agree with all of that.
                          No one remembers who came in second.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Liverbnz View Post

                            I was talking about the OL and work Ellison will have to do to make up for their poor run blocking.
                            He has his work cut out for him in that regard but I LOVE everything I see tonight.
                            No one remembers who came in second.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I had no idea that our TE Adams was this good.
                              I saw him crush a few people blocking and his receiving skills look very good.
                              No one remembers who came in second.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X