First half observations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jomo View Post
    I had no idea that our TE Adams was this good.
    I saw him crush a few people blocking and his receiving skills look very good.
    Tye is in big trouble

Comment

I had no idea that our TE Adams was this good.
      I saw him crush a few people blocking and his receiving skills look very good.
      He showed promise last year. Loved him and Perkins picks.

Richburg is not a good C. He is not strong enough. Sorry.

Rosas may have the K job

D looks good

OL is weak again, not surprising unless your name is JErry Reese.
      WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

Flowers looked decent after his 1st series
        Bobby Hart looks like a backup
        Very intrigued with Ellison
        Bis has talent just needs more reps
        Bromley looks like he can do big things this season
        Last edited by Kase-1; 08-11-2017, 10:40 PM.
        Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

He showed promise last year. Loved him and Perkins picks.

Richburg is not a good C. He is not strong enough. Sorry.

Rosas may have the K job

D looks good

OL is weak again, not surprising unless your name is JErry Reese.
          the other kicker looks good also.. either one they both had long FG kicks that went thru with authority

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

I agree with all of this.
            https://www.bigblueview.com/2017/8/1...iants-steelers

Comment

Any observations on the 2nd half
              Football has been very, very good to us.
              After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
              But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
              2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
              3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
              4-New York Giants!!!
              5-NE
              Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

The Giants have a problem at center. Richburg is soft. He doesn't get a push off the line in the run game and is pushed back into the QB far too often for a starting center. This has been the issue since he became the starter. He's a liability, but hey, he's a good guy.

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
                  Any observations on the 2nd half
                  chad wheeler and valentino blake look like they do not even make the PS both could be out of the NFL soon based on that performance

Michael hunter looks very good in coverage and likely is the 4th CB but got blown out on a run play that went for a TD but nice to see we do in fact appear to have found a 4th corner who can cover.

what else. Davis Webb look like the clear number 2 back-up QB ahead of both geno smith and Josh Johnson

both Weston Richburg and Brett Jones got blown into the backfield... probably says more about Pitts Dline than those 2 guys who are both solid centers...but if they continue to struggle... then it is time to panic....

not hearing bobby hart and ereck flowers name is a good sign

rhett ellison looked good in receiving role.

engram made his blocks but only had 1 catch.. not sure how open he was or wasn't or how many looks or targets he got

dj fluker looked bad on one play i saw where it looked like he blew his assignment.... he needs to know the playbook and assignment before he has any chance of replacing anyone

if we carry a FB it will be smith.. smith had a catch (engram was wide open on the play and josh johnson screwed up and went to smith lol) but smith made his blocks...looks like a solid FB, dare i even say a very good FB.

huesman missed his block on the one play they called his name.... he looked out of place in the FB role

did not see biswonaty at all....
                  i only have 2 eyeballs! lol

Last edited by bigpoppy; 08-11-2017, 10:38 PM.

Comment

Ellison doesn't have to establish his blocking cred which is superior. I am impressed with how he move in the passing game.
                    This I read in a bunch of places that said aside from Ellison being a great blocker was his receiving skills that were not used much with the Vikings.
                    Everything I read about his pass catching skills showed up tonight. I'm impressed too. In fact our TE's (which were till recent years) maybe a great
                    group coming up. Certainly huge potential.
                    sigpic

LT - Carson - Kelley - Van Pelt

Comment

Josh Johnson needs to go, Geno is our backup like it or not.
                      Richburg, soft, stop the crap with him on the ranch, all I care about is him making blocks..........
                      Fluker making bad reads
                      Our tight ends all look good....Ellison and Adams and Engram
                      Running backs all look good
                      Nice 52 yarder by Rosas
                      Flowers C grade
                      3rd and short, guess what happened?
                      Landon Collins, beast
                      Kerry Wynn wants to be a bigger part of this team
                      More later..........
                      In my mind there was never a question that Geno would be the #2 when they acquired him. It was an obvious hedge against an aging Eli. Flaws and all he will be the #2 this year.

Third and short (and the one 4th and short) wasn't good. It's better than last year at this point, but that's not saying much.

Wynn looked good and fast on the sack I saw. Berhe had a bad first game back

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                        I thought that Bromley looked good.

Happy with Ellison. The FB Smith showed he can catch.

Deayon is not not helping himself.

Was sort of disappointed with Goodson
                        I agree.
                        The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

Its early but we might end up with the best young TE group in the league this year. What a huge difference I saw out there. Definitely something we can hang our hat on on offense.

Comment

Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post

chad wheeler and valentino blake look like they do not even make the PS both could be out of the NFL soon based on that performance

Michael hunter looks very good in coverage and likely is the 4th CB but got blown out on a run play that went for a TD but nice to see we do in fact appear to have found a 4th corner who can cover.

what else. Davis Webb look like the clear number 2 back-up QB ahead of both geno smith and Josh Johnson

both Weston Richburg and Brett Jones got blown into the backfield... probably says more about Pitts Dline than those 2 guys who are both solid centers...but if they continue to struggle... then it is time to panic....

not hearing bobby hart and ereck flowers name is a good sign

rhett ellison looked good in receiving role.

engram made his blocks but only had 1 catch.. not sure how open he was or wasn't or how many looks or targets he got

dj fluker looked bad on one play i saw where it looked like he blew his assignment.... he needs to know the playbook and assignment before he has any chance of replacing anyone

if we carry a FB it will be smith.. smith had a catch (engram was wide open on the play and josh johnson screwed up and went to smith lol) but smith made his blocks...looks like a solid FB, dare i even say a very good FB.

huesman missed his block on the one play they called his name.... he looked out of place in the FB role

did not see biswonaty at all....
                            i only have 2 eyeballs! lol

Thanks very good analysis!!!
                            Football has been very, very good to us.
                            After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                            But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                            2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                            3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                            4-New York Giants!!!
                            5-NE
                            Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post
                              Flowers looked decent after his 1st series
                              Bobby Hart looks like a backup
                              Very intrigued with Ellison
                              Bis has talent just needs more reps
                              Bromley looks like he can do big things this season
                              I'm SORRY, but WHAT game were you watching?? There was only ONE play that Bobby "Bubble Butt" Hart "lost" against his man and that was a goal line run where he had to reach block. Other than that, he was SOLID as always.
                              ★★★Markus Kuhn Crew★★★★★★Bobby Hart Crew★★★
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post

Thanks very good analysis!!!
                                Thanks bro.

Comment

Working...
                                X