Smith #2, Webb #3 but not far behind

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smith #2, Webb #3 but not far behind

Smith was clearly in better control of the team once he took over. Webb has poise and size and an arm. And was quicker than I expected. I hope they bring him along and I am not going to be surprised to see him soon #2. For those criticizing Geno's inconsistency, we have a 2 time SB MVP who is still very inconsistent. At the very very least I feel better knowing we have a shred of competence behind Eli, even if they might not deliver us to the promised land if Eli is injured (touch wood....)
    Just when I don't think it can get any worse, I think of you Ray. I have been to the abyss....thank you for helping me stay positive.

Smith has control but he ALWAYS makes those boneheaded plays like that INT. I wouldn't doubt that Webb, if he shows his muster out there next few games, doesn't edge out Geno, and Geno go third string. that kid looked poised after some shaky starts. He'll relax but boy that arm... DAAAAAAAAYUM!

Comment

Not only the arm, he seems very confident and strong and has pocket presence. I will take back all of my Jerry hate if this kid turns out to be good. That being said, I thought Nassib looked good so what the **** do I know?? He's bigger than I thought.
      Just when I don't think it can get any worse, I think of you Ray. I have been to the abyss....thank you for helping me stay positive.

Comment

Not sure about the INT and who's fault. Did anyone hear about that? Looked like an "out" to Geno and a "go" to the WR.
        Someone made a mistake! :0 )
        sigpic

LT - Carson - Kelley - Van Pelt

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
          Not sure about the INT and who's fault. Did anyone hear about that? Looked like an "out" to Geno and a "go" to the WR.
          Someone made a mistake! :0 )
          Yeah, I'm not a Geno hater. He doesn't have a lot of experience before he got hurt. He was pretty impressive tonight I thought up until that point. If Rudolph ran the wrong route, I hope he gets a pass on it.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueOnes View Post
            Not only the arm, he seems very confident and strong and has pocket presence. I will take back all of my Jerry hate if this kid turns out to be good. That being said, I thought Nassib looked good so what the **** do I know?? He's bigger than I thought.
            Funny you say that about Webb. The announcers mentioned it on TV that was one of his major pluses, the pocket presence, tall and a hell of an arm

Comment

Yeah, I'm not a Geno hater. He doesn't have a lot of experience before he got hurt. He was pretty impressive tonight I thought up until that point. If Rudolph ran the wrong route, I hope he gets a pass on it.
              My humble opinion I hope the QB list is:

Eli
              Smith
              Webb (eventually Webb becomes 2nd)
              sigpic

LT - Carson - Kelley - Van Pelt

Comment

Davis please save us a roster spot and force this bum off the team
                If you've never played your opinion is invalid

Comment

Originally posted by giant-4-life View Post

Funny you say that about Webb. The announcers mentioned it on TV that was one of his major pluses, the pocket presence, tall and a hell of an arm

Haha. I didn't even catch that. I had rug rats and 3 dogs and wife and mother in law talking all around me!

Comment

Originally posted by Eliordie View Post
                    Davis please save us a roster spot and force this bum off the team
                    Who? Josh or Geno???

Comment

Who? Josh or Geno???
                      Both
                      If you've never played your opinion is invalid

Comment

Haha. I didn't even catch that. I had rug rats and 3 dogs and wife and mother in law talking all around me!
                        Haha you too lol. I had Wife, daughter, Son in law, Granddaughter, Grandson, Son in Laws mom & Sister lol. All saying they want to watch the game but talk about everything else
                        Football has been very, very good to us.
                        After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                        But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                        2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                        3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                        4-New York Giants!!!
                        5-NE
                        Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Cut Johnson now. Let Webb get the reps.
                          Engage brain before speaking.

Comment

I have liked this draft choice from Day One. I think Webb can be the gem of this draft. Has a beautiful quick release, good mobility, and apparently a smart student of the game. Future draft could be all about the OL. Develop this guy with all deliberate speed!

Comment

Geno wasn't bad for a backup
                              Johnson is awful
                              Webb shows promise

I want Kap as our backup qb
                              Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Working...
                              X