Smith #2, Webb #3 but not far behind

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martin View Post
    Not sure about the INT and who's fault. Did anyone hear about that? Looked like an "out" to Geno and a "go" to the WR.
    Someone made a mistake! :0 )
    Not sure who it was on but there were still 4 defenders in the area of the pass. If you watch Smith on the sideline after the play, sitting with his OC, you could read his lips when he said "I ****ed up" Presumably that means it was his mistake or maybe just him taking responsibility for everything that goes on with him at QB. Probably the former though because it was in a one on one setting with his coach.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

I'm surprised more aren't as impressed with Webb as I am. First time stepping on the field, he showed confidence, poise, pocket presence, mobility and an accurate arm. For my money, he is already #2. Smith is #3.

But then what do I know.

Comment

Preseason game 1 QB performance IMO:
        1 Webb
        2 Smith
        3 Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by mercurio View Post
          Preseason game 1 QB performance IMO:
          1 Webb
          2 Smith
          3 Johnson
          +1

Comment

I'm no fan of Geno Smith, but if it's a choice between him and Johnson for the back-up then I'd go with Geno. But I'll be rooting for Webb to win the No. 2 spot.
            One of these teams is not like the others

sigpic

Comment

Honestly, I'd cut Johnson and Geno and give the #2 to Webb, he can use the reps and if Eli gets hurt, it won't matter who's back there of those 3.

Comment

Originally posted by speedman View Post
                Cut Johnson now. Let Webb get the reps.
                Webb does need the reps. Johnson looked terribly lost

Comment

can anyone post a link to Davis Web's highlights from last night? I really didn't get to see him because I was watching the Yankees Game and NFL Network kept switching to the Kansas City Game.

Comment

Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post
                    Geno wasn't bad for a backup
                    Johnson is awful
                    Webb shows promise

I want Kap as our backup qb
                    Gino is a bum and Johnson stinks. Eli better stay healthy. Webb is not ready but may be a better option than the other two.

Comment

Originally posted by bashful View Post

Gino is a bum and Johnson stinks. Eli better stay healthy. Webb is not ready but may be a better option than the other two.
                      Its spelled Geno,

Comment

Johnson was with us last year wasn't he? I can see why hes never gotten a starting job. hes not even suited for a backup role not from his showing last night.

Geno should be much better than he is, hes a veteran in the league and should at least be a quality backup if not starting some places. but he never seemed interested or focused. maybe this #2 role (if he is) will propel him into a much better qb.

Webb for his 1st preseason play wasn't horrible and I can see him developing and becoming Elis replacement.
                        sigpic

Comment

I re-watched Webb's stint on my DVR this morning in bed. More impressive the second time around. I think you have to put your mind around the moment: he's never thrown a pass in an NFL game, and has had very few reps in practice from what I read. Scrambling and throwing the ball away (two things Eli can't do very well) were a plus! Gun for an arm. Even though he is green, I agree with others here, move him right to #3 and let him compete with Geno this year. Granted preseason is a different animal, but he impressed.
                          Just when I don't think it can get any worse, I think of you Ray. I have been to the abyss....thank you for helping me stay positive.

Comment

Geno being Geno

last nights INT was not an aberration

Comment

Originally posted by speedman View Post
                              Cut Johnson now. Let Webb get the reps.
                              yyyeeeeesssss

Comment

All this "news" about Josh Johnson and his "great practices" and then it turns out this dude couldn't read progressions on any pass play as a veteran NFL QB. Just another reminder that these closed practices and training news can be taken with grain of salt and exposed on the football field in a game.

Webb's big arm potential is definitely there. Lots of room to learn the system and potential to be a good NFL QB.
                                Last edited by BigBlueAllDay; 08-12-2017, 11:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X